How to get your Thai wife back?

Ok guys so here is the back story I got married in April of this year 2015. I am 30 years old and my wife is 31. My wife seems to be always unhappy with me. We live in Thailand.

After our last argument she says that she needs some time alone and is probably wanting a divorce. The cause of the argument was me trying to find out the reason why she is always in a bad mood and her always sulking and feeling sorry for herself.

Obviously if we can't work things out I will get a divorce but not after we are absolutely sure that we have tried everything to fix our problems.

I think the best approach is to ignore her and go on with my life like it doesn't bother me and wait to see if she comes back. I think smothering her with attention and calls would just make everything worse. I also don't think I should be giving her money at this time if she isn't going to live with me we have no children.

I rent my house and have nothing I am worried she will take from me in a divorce if things go south.

Appreciate any suggestions thanks.

Edited by flyingsaucersarereal

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe she thought life would change after getting hitched. Maybe her family are putting pressure on her to get more. If thats the case you are better to let it end now. When you come up against a demanding Thai mother in law they , for the most part win everytime........unless you pay.

Given your circumstances of no children or property I would up sticks and leave if she as an adult like most Thai woman is unable to talk about the issues that are making her feel this way what else is there to do.

I've had similar issues with my GF of 6 years,but have a daughter,we have reconciled in the past and all is well until the next time.

The thing with a lot of Thai women is the fact that they don't like conflict and I mean conflict by way of discussion as in a pro active approach to discussing any problems they may be hiding,wether that be pressure from extended family or other issues they may have its always a real chore to get to the heart of the issue.

I'm no marriage counsellor and only speak from personnel experience,I've had the 7 day silent treatment,the 7 day stint at the sisters 400 kms away,getting out of the car at traffic lights 100 kms from home,all brought on by petty squabbles.

I keep quiet now,don't get angered and avoid any shouting matches,the repeated shouts of this is Thailand,this is how we do it are ingrained in my memory for ever,I've adopted the Mai Pen Rai attitude and now things seem to tick along.

Edited by stoneyboy

Ignore her and get on with your life and see what happens, dont give her any money and if need be move out for a few months and if it is a divorce your ahead of the game...you have move out already

Edited by Soutpeel

How long did you date before marriage? Was there no indications of her mood swings as you dated?

What makes you think she has mood swings ? Maybe she has got into something and realised she doesnt want to be anymore...your finding fault in the wife...maybe the OP is a control freak and doesnt give her space to do her own things...come across a lot of farangs like this with their wives, seems to be prominent between relationships where the gent is quite a bit old than the wife, but obviously this not a factor in this case

be happy no kids. get your stuff out now. be nice to her and do all the divorce paperwork. don't procrastinate, power through this as everyday costs money. be happy you are free.

never get married again. the end of all your problems for the rest of your life.

Edited by NCC1701A

If you truly love someone and they want to go then the only thing you can do is tell them you love them and say " I love you too much to stop you being happy and if going will make you happy you must go" But make sure you documents are safe then pay for her bus ticket and say good buy with care and don't push for anything.

If she stays or comes back OK but don't make conditions or impose restrictions if you don't like the way she is then you must do the walking if you can't find happiness together.

If you truly love someone and they want to go then the only thing you can do is tell them you love them and say " I love you too much to stop you being happy and if going will make you happy you must go" But make sure you documents are safe then pay for her bus ticket and say good buy with care and don't push for anything.

If she stays or comes back OK but don't make conditions or impose restrictions if you don't like the way she is then you must do the walking if you can't find happiness together.

Or just kick her to the curb, Thai style.

How long did you date before marriage? Was there no indications of her mood swings as you dated?

What makes you think she has mood swings ? Maybe she has got into something and realised she doesnt want to be anymore...your finding fault in the wife...maybe the OP is a control freak and doesnt give her space to do her own things...come across a lot of farangs like this with their wives, seems to be prominent between relationships where the gent is quite a bit old than the wife, but obviously this not a factor in this case

I fully appreciate what you say but... I'm not making assumptions, I was simply asking was there any indication of mood problems/ swings/ call it what you like, simply a question.

Given your circumstances of no children or property I would up sticks and leave if she as an adult like most Thai woman is unable to talk about the issues that are making her feel this way what else is there to do.

I've had similar issues with my GF of 6 years,but have a daughter,we have reconciled in the past and all is well until the next time.

The thing with a lot of Thai women is the fact that they don't like conflict and I mean conflict by way of discussion as in a pro active approach to discussing any problems they may be hiding,wether that be pressure from extended family or other issues they may have its always a real chore to get to the heart of the issue.

I'm no marriage counsellor and only speak from personnel experience,I've had the 7 day silent treatment,the 7 day stint at the sisters 400 kms away,getting out of the car at traffic lights 100 kms from home,all brought on by petty squabbles.

I keep quiet now,don't get angered and avoid any shouting matches,the repeated shouts of this is Thailand,this is how we do it are ingrained in my memory for ever,I've adopted the Mai Pen Rai attitude and now things seem to tick along.

This is what I call an excellent post by stoneyboy.

Cheers..

I fully appreciate what you say but... I'm not making assumptions, I was simply asking was there any indication of mood problems/ swings/ call it what you like, simply a question.

Have you now stopped beating your wife?

Some women are moody.....The current TGF has her moments for sure the first time it happened and she told me i just let it ride i didn't want to ruin my evening, i had expected sometime soon after she would sort it out with me....no dead silence, i know her now lucky her bad or moody moods go fairly quickly.

At first she picked her issues to sort out now either I've become better or nothing comes up to tick me off about, yet at first she was all ears if i had an issue these days its the Thai silent way.

Interesting mood swings could be mental health related and our better mood could be something as simple as a daily vitamin pill...i know a vitamin B complex lifted my spirits.

For you how moody is she really? The lesson for you might be to learn to adapt, really if she wasn't happy with you she would leave, by the way DO NOT HAVE CHILDREN WITH HER unless there is a sustained improvement over a several years, might improve the relationship at first unlikely too once the stress of a baby needs constant care.