Money in bank for 3 months for extension based on retirement

It is clear in clause 2.22 of the police order that it is the date of application..

"(4) On the filing date, the applicant must have funds deposited in a bank in Thailand of no less than Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to the filing date"

• 3 months later...

An 83 year old friend of mine is having a bit of a problem at the moment about the funds in the bank for his retirement visa. He has 3 million baht in a Krubsri account. He produced the bankbook lately at Jontiem Immigration and they refused to accept it because it was in an investment account. The Immigration officer said that the funds must be in an account that he is using regularly obviously meaning a regular savings account. He is tied into a contract for another 2 months and cannot move his money. I can't find any reference to the type of account anywhere only that it has to be in a Thai bank.Any advice please.

An 83 year old friend of mine is having a bit of a problem at the moment about the funds in the bank for his retirement visa. He has 3 million baht in a Krubsri account. He produced the bankbook lately at Jontiem Immigration and they refused to accept it because it was in an investment account. The Immigration officer said that the funds must be in an account that he is using regularly obviously meaning a regular savings account. He is tied into a contract for another 2 months and cannot move his money. I can't find any reference to the type of account anywhere only that it has to be in a Thai bank.Any advice please.

It seems the investment account was the type where he cannot withdraw the funds without delay or penalty other than loss of interest. Those are basically the requirement immigration has for accounts.

They will accept standard fixed term accounts as long as they meet that criteria.

The funds need to be immediately accessible since the objective is the funds could be used for day-to-day living/emergency costs. Regular current/checking/savings accounts and foreign currency deposit accounts meet that objective. Even fixed accounts meet the objective a person can can still immediately access the funds except a person would lose most/all of the interest earned to date.