Car dash camera in Thailand

Nepal4me

41 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Can't they make a Car Battery to last as long

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Probably, but where's the profit in that? I had a Sunbeam automatic toaster that was still going strong after 30 years, bet you won't get that out of any made today.

Vintage-retro-Sunbeam-TA-J-Toastermatic-automatic-chrome.jpg

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Daffy D said:

No true. Battery or capacitor depends on make not price.  Over many years I have had no problem with a hot car affecting the cameras. 

Just like to bring up a point about camera batteries failing. Like any battery they don't last forever and it's true the camera will still work as long as it gets power from the car.

The problem is without the camera battery working as soon as you turn off the key the camera shuts down and the last file, which might just be the most important one is unplayable because the camera did not have internal battery power time to save that file. 

If you do have an accident don't just turn off the ignition and jump out of the car, wait for that last file on the camera to finish so you don't loose evidence of the accident.

Here a link to just about everything you may need to know about camera batteries from a previous discussion:-

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/801396-carcam-movie-files-corruptunplayable/

:smile:

If you are as smart as me you always keep your dashcam connected to a powerbank and you will never miss the last file...

Also my cam is always on even if I park for hours.

And for the guy who still do not understand that if you have a brain you can find real G1W on lazada, mine perfectly matches the details here:

RECORN IN MOV (not avi)
HAS HDMI PORT
Novatek NT96650 processor
Aptina AR0330 CMOS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I need to buy one now as a lady at the red lights went backwards into my fron! Can you believe it? Fortunately, she has an insurance and admits she was the wrongdoer. Can anyone recommend one? I have read the whole thread and I would want a dashcam that has the following specifications:

1920 x 1080 ; mov-files ; HDMI port ; parking function ; stabilizer ; able to power up from power bank to avoid corrupted files. Anyone knows such a dashcam?

On 2/6/2017 at 2:46 PM, Ace of Pop said:

I put mine top left can't stand clutter,a trucks not too bad because of the high big screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I put mine behind my mirror, can hardly see it but just enough to know it's running. Bought an extra long cable and routed that under ceiling and door trim to fag lighter.

1 hour ago, sharktooth said:

I put mine behind my mirror, can hardly see it but just enough to know it's running. Bought an extra long cable and routed that under ceiling and door trim to fag lighter.

I would have liked to hide the cable on mine, but I know I'll stuff up pulling the trim out and end up making a mess of it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I would have liked to hide the cable on mine, but I know I'll stuff up pulling the trim out and end up making a mess of it.

I thought the same, but it was surprisingly easy. Don't pull the trim out just use a blunt plastic object to "persuade" the cable under the trim.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sharktooth said:

I thought the same, but it was surprisingly easy. Don't pull the trim out just use a blunt plastic object to "persuade" the cable under the trim.

And for 100thb your local car accessory shop or sellar will hide the cable for you.

Need to be careful if an air bag is behind the cover ...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

And for 100thb your local car accessory shop or sellar will hide the cable for you.

Need to be careful if an air bag is behind the cover ...

There is that option as welll. What I would say though is buy a cable a lot longer than you think you will need as that will give you different routing options. Excess is easy to hide. I also have a dual USB that plugs into the fag lighter so can still charge other stuff and keep the dash cam running.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2017 at 11:00 AM, Charlie1 said:

I need to buy one now as a lady at the red lights went backwards into my fron! Can you believe it? Fortunately, she has an insurance and admits she was the wrongdoer. Can anyone recommend one? I have read the whole thread and I would want a dashcam that has the following specifications:

1920 x 1080 ; mov-files ; HDMI port ; parking function ; stabilizer ; able to power up from power bank to avoid corrupted files. Anyone knows such a dashcam?

G1W. There is not other cheap and good choice.

My friends and me have been using G1W for years and never had a problem.

1500 thb.

Then other people will try to explain you other things that they do not understand themselves... Listen if you feel like.

• Like 2

I have two of these Vicovation MF2 GPS a bit more expensive but we'll worth the extra outlay. They have there own for software for laptops. The playback quality is excellent day and night. Can highly recomend

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...