Police track-down suspected attacker of Australian at South Pattaya Go-Go Bar

rooster59

The 160 baht unpaid bill comes out of some service staffs salary. They make 300 baht a day and lose 160 baht to some drunken bum that stuffs the bill in his back pocket and walks out? Who on here wouldn't be pissed if they lost over a half days pay in this manner? Especially if you live day to day on your daily pay. To steal from a poor working girl/boy is mighty low, I hope Australia isn't full of these types and if it is ... The guy needs a bit more than some low level slapping around, he should have been beaten for the length of time it takes for a service worker to earn 160 baht.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thje double standard reaches far beyond pricing ...... get in any altercation with a Thai and you are going to lose!! I got rear ended in my pickup truck, ..no damage to my truck but the idiot that drove into me wiped out the front od his tin can Honda. I had my truck impounded, was hunted for 3 times to be thrown in jail, almost got thrown in prison for wasting court time, .. the guy and the police conspired to change the location of the incident so his friend could say, I backed in to him, ..... AND ENDED UP PAYING THE PRICK 60,000 BAHT

I believe you 100%, but that is not always the case. a friend of mine driving his car, got hit by a M/C taxi in front of other M/C taxis.

The police were called and the M/C taxi riders all backed the M/C taxi rider up. The police weighed everything up, then

told the M/C taxi rider, " You were at fault, now you pay the Farang for damage to his car".

That is exactly what happened.

Another thing, I won a case against a Thai in court years ago, then about three weeks later my lawyer told me the

Judge had changed her mind, then ruled for the Thai.

The 160 baht unpaid bill comes out of some service staffs salary. They make 300 baht a day and lose 160 baht to some drunken bum that stuffs the bill in his back pocket and walks out? Who on here wouldn't be pissed if they lost over a half days pay in this manner? Especially if you live day to day on your daily pay. To steal from a poor working girl/boy is mighty low, I hope Australia isn't full of these types and if it is ... The guy needs a bit more than some low level slapping around, he should have been beaten for the length of time it takes for a service worker to earn 160 baht.

What a nasty person you are. bah.gifbah.gifbah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

Would love to hear the truth from the oz guy.

pretty oblivious people are lying about this incident

Edited by onemorechang

you gotta pay your bill ........ don't matter if it's 160 baht or 1600 baht, you pay what you consume.

and if you want extra whistling.gif you gotta pay for that ............... what ever the extra might be giggle.gif

...and if the bar staff decide to scam you for 160Bt.....pay up.... or get your head kicked in because the police are worthless.

So Thai police for not arresting this man. They do not want any more bad beating news for Pattaya again. Let pretend this never happened and the Australian we hope will not make any noise about this. If a farang attacked a Thai what would happen?

Thje double standard reaches far beyond pricing ...... get in any altercation with a Thai and you are going to lose!! I got rear ended in my pickup truck, ..no damage to my truck but the idiot that drove into me wiped out the front od his tin can Honda. I had my truck impounded, was hunted for 3 times to be thrown in jail, almost got thrown in prison for wasting court time, .. the guy and the police conspired to change the location of the incident so his friend could say, I backed in to him, ..... AND ENDED UP PAYING THE PRICK 60,000 BAHT

I believe you 100%, but that is not always the case. a friend of mine driving his car, got hit by a M/C taxi in front of other M/C taxis.

The police were called and the M/C taxi riders all backed the M/C taxi rider up. The police weighed everything up, then

told the M/C taxi rider, " You were at fault, now you pay the Farang for damage to his car".

Another thing, I won a case against a Thai in court years ago, then about three weeks later my lawyer told me the

That's a new one, or is it!

That's a new one, or is it!

It is true, and if I met you I would tell you all about it, I will just say it was nothing to do with any accidents or anybody doing wrong.

"Police decided to use their discretion and did not arrest the bar worker, despite his admission."

Message to all Thais: Assault and battery against farangs is OK. Keep it up, there are no consequences for your actions.

so it's ok to beat the krap out of a tourist hmmmm can see Thailand being given a wide berth by Aussies if the cops condone this and do not charge the Thai guy with assault

TOT your country is getting a bad name for this type of action

They "beat the krap out of a tourist"? Hardly the case, the yayhoo was not just a tourist, he was allegedly a drunken tourist who refused to pay his bill. The article said he received a minor head wound. The drunk could have just stumbled to incur such a wound or he could have initiated a fight to save his B160--I would like to see a video of the confrontation.

What would happen in Oz if a drunk walked-out on his tab and then when accosted outside refused to pay?

Generally speaking you pay as you drink in Oz.

Occasionally a tab may be used, but usually against a credit card.

There may be some exclusive clubs where a tab is the norm but the average punter would never see the inside of those.

The whole stretch of Soi Burkaew is a dive, Low class farangs, Issan girls/ ladyboys. Just a dump that i stay away from.

Indeed, one of the places left where the good old feeling of Pattaya still lingers on. Long may it live, although I expect it too will be plowed down to make room for a new sterile shopping mall.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience but I have a question. When the accident happened did you immediately call your insurance company? I was rear ended too a while back. No matter who is at fault the first thing you should do is contact your insurance agent and let them hash it out with the other driver and police.

Edited by Spaniel

so it's ok to beat the krap out of a tourist hmmmm can see Thailand being given a wide berth by Aussies if the cops condone this and do not charge the Thai guy with assault

I worked as security in a bar in the UK and if some drunken <deleted> refuse to pay his bar bill I would of taken him outside and kick the shit out of him, Thai people are fed up with farang thinking they can come over to Thailand and behave how they want

I worked as security in a bar in the UK and if some drunken <deleted> refuse to pay his bar bill I would of taken him outside and kick the shit out of him, Thai people are fed up with farang thinking they can come over to Thailand and behave how they want

What a load of rubbish

1) that's against the law.

2) company policy would be call the police.

3) You would have been fired for your actions.

4) Possible jail.

That's what happened to someone I new in the uk who did this.

Is your Christian name, Water buy any chance.?

Edited by onemorechang

What a load of rubbish

2) company police would be call the police.

4) Possible jail.

Is your Christian name Water buy any chance.?

Correct Onemorechang, Im from London an if any so called bouncer/doorman done that there, he would be arrested, fired an possible jail time if he had previous.

This guy sounds like ur typical thug from Manchester or Newcastle.

This will have no effect on Aussies coming to Thailand.

I agree with you Mbaki. Frankly, the Aussies that I see around where I live (in Jomtien) are mostly the lowlife 'rough' type, the kind that can also be seen drunk 24/7 in Bali, and they would definitely not be deterred by a story like this, because to them, it's business as usual. Violence in a bar ? Mate, what do you expect, it comes with the trade!

Right next door to me lives a retired Aussie. He is typically unpleasant, uneducated, the kind that never says hello, slams his door when he comes back with a sex worker at 3 in the morning, then switches on his TV at full blast, and looks like he's gonna punch me in the face when I go knock at his door to tell him politely that perhaps a little less noise would be welcome.

meanwhile in the real world, is their any evidence he didnt pay the bill? I would suggest that its as likely that he didnt pay the bill as it is that he was beaten by another farang. turned out the claim that it was a farang that beat him was false and I think without further evidence the barbill claim should be considered the same.

Wouldn't have got thumped if he'd paid his tab.

What a load of rubbish

4) Possible jail.

Correct Onemorechang, Im from London an if any so called bouncer/doorman done that there, he would be arrested, fired an possible jail time if he had previous.

Another silly post. The law in England is the same as London. No really, London isn't a separate country, although the Metropolitan police probably boast the record for corruption of all the UK's forces.

As for "Walter" - if he acted like he says he would, he'd be charged with assault, battery and possible causing serious or grievous bodily harm. The courts take a very dim view of "bouncers" acting like it's the 70's. Security staff must be trained, including basic first aid, and must act in accordance with the law.

No pub, club, bar or other licensed entertainment venue will employ thugs. They would risk prosecution and loss of licence.

The difference is any UK police force would pass details to the CPS for action.

Here the police use discretion, seem to let the attacker off, even though he admits the assault themselves without the need for prosecutors and court. and find some paperwork error so they can charge a "fine" of 50k.

The BiB at work.

Wouldn't have got thumped if he'd paid his tab.

Wouldn't have had a tab if the bar had refused a pissed up drunk more alcohol.

What ever he did or didn't do, there is no excuse for violent assault.

What a load of rubbish

4) Possible jail.

Correct Onemorechang, Im from London an if any so called bouncer/doorman done that there, he would be arrested, fired

an possible jail time if he had previous.

Another silly post. The law in England is the same as London. No really, London isn't a separate country, although the Metropolitan police probably boast the record for corruption of all the UK's forces.

As for "Walter" - if he acted like he says he would, he'd be charged with assault, battery and possible causing serious or grievous bodily harm. The courts take a very dim view of "bouncers" acting like it's the 70's. Security staff must be trained, including basic first aid, and must act in accordance with the law.

No pub, club, bar or other licensed entertainment venue will employ thugs. They would risk prosecution and loss of

licence.

The difference is any UK police force would pass details to the CPS for action.

Here the police use discretion, seem to let the attacker off, even though he admits the assault themselves without the need for prosecutors and court. and find some paperwork error so they can charge a "fine" of 50k.

The BiB at work.

Ur repeating wots already been discussed, keep up now.

They "beat the krap out of a tourist"? Hardly the case, the yayhoo was not just a tourist, he was allegedly a drunken tourist who refused to pay his bill. The article said he received a minor head wound. The drunk could have just stumbled to incur such a wound or he could have initiated a fight to save his B160--I would like to see a video of the confrontation.

What would happen in Oz if a drunk walked-out on his tab and then when accosted outside refused to pay?

Well, the vision was around, a phone camera recorded about 20-30 seconds of a Thai guy, clearly the fellow in the opening article picture, ramming his knee into the patron's head, punching him in the ribs and head whilst the patron has his hands over his head trying to ameliorate the beating.

Very ugly viewing. A clinic in a wanton afflicting of injury.

And ostensibly for what???

Not paying a bar bill apparently 160 baht for two beers. Even if this is true, and it staggers me so many believe even this aspect of the reportage, there is nothing to vindicate the beating given.

Got to face facts. The Thais don't like the industry they live off and don't like the punters supporting it.

They seem to have no problem assaulting old men.

Just last year a parking lot ruffian broke some bingo players arm on soi buakhao....for not paying him a fee to park.

I can understand occasional bustups between locals and farangs but these basturds have turned it into a daily occurence.

Exactly what i said would happen in my post i posted yesterday, that it was a Thai that attacked him, and nothing will be done, even after he admitted it, my assumption on Thailand these days you could flush down the shitter, this happens on a daily basis, because they have been told that we look after our own so they feel well protected, scum bags, if they are not beating up old men they are beating up their wives, or going around in gangs looking for targets

The first rule in Thailand when you come to party is: "If you don't want any trouble always pay the Check Bin"

It doesn't matter if you get short changed on a drink or you don't get the meal you expected. That happens a lot in Thailand. The best thing to do then is pay your bill an walk away, and if asked tell them so. You don't order another drink and expect it to be different, then refuse to pay.