Black box data shows explosion downed Russian plane say experts

Jonathan Fairfield

Black box data shows explosion downed Russian plane say experts

606x341_316649.jpg

It seems the theory the Russian airliner crash in Egypt was no accident is the right one. Experts say the black box data they have been able to retrieve points to an explosion and a probable bomb on board the plane. It is a blow to the Russians who did not want to admit their bombing campaign in Syria was costing them Russian lives.

“The European experts who have analysed these black boxes confirm that is was not an accident. The black boxes have spoken.

There are two of them in a plane: one that tapes the conversation of the pilots confirms that there was an explosion on board and the second black box that tapes the parameters of the flight confirms that this explosion was not an accident.

There is no sign of a technical default or accident during the first minutes of the flight. Everything is fine during the first 24 minutes, the pilots talk, the plane reaches its cruising altitude and suddenly in a fraction of a second, nothing, a black flash, no parameter, no conservations any more,” said expert Arnaud Comte on French TV.

It is also terrible news for Egypt which relies on tourism earnings. The Islamic State branch that operates in the Sinai has been getting stronger but the fact it seems to have been able to penetrate airport security is distressing.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-11-07

This is a game changer. Airline security isn't really good in Egypt. Heck, a lot of the world. Sad for all the innocent lives lost. What a mess, eh?

I especially feel sorry for the small business operators in Egypt. Life was bad before this. Sharm was the one bright spot...mainly due to Russian tourists.

I predict that before the smoke settles Russia will join forces with Egypt, Israel and a few other nations to rid the world of ISIS. It is high time that both Russia and the U.S face up to the fact that all terrorists are our enemies, and none should be enabled or tolerated due to short term political considerations.

I predict that before the smoke settles Russia will join forces with Egypt, Israel and a few other nations to rid the world of ISIS. It is high time that both Russia and the U.S face up to the fact that all terrorists are our enemies, and none should be enabled or tolerated due to short term political considerations.

Understood. But before we kill them all, the root cause needs to be figured out. And the brainwashing of the young and uneducated needs to be dealt with. Even in the UK, the young are being brainwashed by radicals in their universities and mosques.

Then there's the religious issue to deal with. One islam tribe hates the other! More than the west....very difficult issues to deal with. And if you do go after terrorists, the collateral damage can be terrible.

This is a game changer. Airline security isn't really good in Egypt. Heck, a lot of the world. Sad for all the innocent lives lost. What a mess, eh?

I especially feel sorry for the small business operators in Egypt. Life was bad before this. Sharm was the one bright spot...mainly due to Russian tourists.

On msn.uk yesterday. One British couple said a security guard told them they could bypass the baggage checks if they paid him 20 UK pounds.

Edited by Mosha

Isis is the result of the West successive interventions to manage those countries and create artificial boundaries regardless of local customs and governance especially around family and religious clans. Today for all Arabs that attack is an unifying act of resistance.

The Russians will act only to protect their Syrian ally and not let the West only to commands

Assert that new more muscular interventions could provide a lasting solution is nonsense and we can again bet on a similar fiasco that suffered previously in Aphganistan with the same simplistic reasoning.

Then, in the longer term the question of Israel will openly asked...

Isis is the result of the West successive interventions to manage those countries and create artificial boundaries regardless of local customs and governance especially around family and religious clans. Today for all Arabs that attack is an unifying act of resistance.

The Russians will act only to protect their Syrian ally and not let the West only to commands

Assert that new more muscular interventions could provide a lasting solution is nonsense and we can again bet on a similar fiasco that suffered previously in Aphganistan with the same simplistic reasoning.

Israel hosted its largest ever military international air force exercise from Eilat at same moment the plane went down.

Karma ?

http://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-hosts-its-largest-ever-international-air-force-exercise/

It was always totally obvious to me that it was a bomb. Egypt in particular has put lives at risk by the denial. The media should also be blamed for not moving quicker on the bomb theory. It took them days to even mention it.

I'm glad some restraint was shown. All the speculation in cases like this does more harm than good.

And now the Russians and Egyptians look like absolute fools for denying this and trying to deflect the cause.

The Russians are experts at denying the cause of downed civilian airliners, so I don't have much sympathy for them in this case; neither for the dead Russian passengers and crew as they support a government that sees the downing of civilian airliners as a legitimate exercise of state power.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Actually nobody denied anything. All they - Egyptians & Russians - said was wait for the investigation, the results (or opinions) of which have apparently been leaked by the French.

If a bomb on board is confirmed, it's only yet another wake-up call for the ISIS to be on the UNSC's targeting radar.

Actually nobody denied anything. All they - Egyptians & Russians - said was wait for the investigation, the results (or opinions) of which have apparently been leaked by the French.

If a bomb on board is confirmed, it's only yet another wake-up call for the ISIS to be on the UNSC's targeting radar.

Agreed. But seems the Egyptians are saying it wasn't a terrorist attack. Even though the evidence, including intercepted calls, indicates otherwise.

Actually, Russia was unwilling to publish this...until british and usa intel gave them the skinny on communications that confirmed this was an attack (planted explosive). It was only then that russian has now limited commercial flights in that region.

My thoughts are that russia has limited intel capabilities in Egypt. Nothing further will be published on this....as routinely....intel gathering agencies do not reveal their sources.

Now it's Putins move. Does he turn tail....or go after the perpetrators? We will now see exactly what kind of leader he is.

Mr Putin....welcome back to the middle east.... Not always glory, and not always victory...but always this.

Edited by slipperylobster

Although I think this was likely to have been a explosion, and probably a bomb, and not due to engine failure I have not heard anything that would rule out failure of the rear bulkhead or the planes fuselage particularly following the fact that the plane was subject to a tail strike that required substantial repairs in the past.

The Russian "fiasco" in Afghanistan was orchestrated by the US, with some of the weapons AlQueda and the Taliban are using now to fight the Americans, and creating "revolutions".

The same may happens in Syria, if the US keeps its policy with Russia. Obama just missed the chance to work with Putin in Syria to defeat ISIS, and that may be what ISIS wanted, to get more allies, and to get stronger in the middle of the confusion this is creating.

It is time for the US and Russia to end its "cold war". Now they have a common enemy, and a strong one, to defeat ASAP.

Edited by Muzarella

Although I think this was likely to have been a explosion, and probably a bomb, and not due to engine failure I have not heard anything that would rule out failure of the rear bulkhead or the planes fuselage particularly following the fact that the plane was subject to a tail strike that required substantial repairs in the past.

I think it is pretty clear. Black box has revealed there was no warning signs of technical/structural failures. There was just the "routine" flight data..and then a split second of explosion....

Any structural failure whatsover would have make noises of more than a split second....probably several seconds. (according to the people who read the data).

Additionally, it was made clear by both British and American intel that certain communications were received...and are linked to this incident, prior to the crash. That certainly indicates that the parties responsible were being monitored... In other words...intent was there.

I do believe Egypt (for obvious reasons) would dearly like this to be a structural failure. For Russia...I am sure they want to delay the obvious...so they do not appear ineffective. They are probably looking at options.... If they go into Egypt with guns blazing....it will not be pretty. Best they could do is join the party for the long haul.

Israel hosted its largest ever military international air force exercise from Eilat at same moment the plane went down.

Karma ?

http://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-hosts-its-largest-ever-international-air-force-exercise/

Didn't take you too long to try and blame this on the "joos" did it? Your true colours are flying fast in a foul smelling wind.

The Israeli- International exercise was conducted over the Jordan River valley and was observed by both Jordanian and Egyptian military liasons.

The Israeli airbase was 10 -15X further away than Saudi and Egyptian areas where there are threats of terrorism. If the explosion was indeed caused by a bomb, how then do you expect to blame the "joos"? As there were US, German, Polish and Greek pilots participating, common bigotry would also include cracking a Polish joke too. Your common is really sick, sick as in being the result of a mindset so prejudiced and full of hate that it cannot accept any event that is contrary than to the existing bias.

I think it is pretty clear. Black box has revealed there was no warning signs of technical/structural failures. There was just the "routine" flight data..and then a split second of explosion....

Any structural failure whatsover would have make noises of more than a split second....probably several seconds. (according to the people who read the data).

Additionally, it was made clear by both British and American intel that certain communications were received...and are linked to this incident, prior to the crash. That certainly indicates that the parties responsible were being monitored... In other words...intent was there.

I do believe Egypt (for obvious reasons) would dearly like this to be a structural failure. For Russia...I am sure they want to delay the obvious...so they do not appear ineffective. They are probably looking at options.... If they go into Egypt with guns blazing....it will not be pretty. Best they could do is join the party for the long haul.

I prefer to wait for the definitive report. In respect to the Egyptian position, it is one of desperation. It must protect its cash cow of tourism. The Egyptian military gains hundreds of millions of Euro/Rubles from the Russian and EU junketeers. With flights now suspended from the UK and Russia, and very soon from other EU countries, Egypt will be in big trouble, worse than when the tourists were murdered at the Pyramids. The big winner will be Thailand.

I can see the TAT folks salivating over this. Thailand is only 10-12 hours away for much of the EU and its 9 hours or so to Bangkok from Moscow (vs. 4 hours to Sharm el Sheihk). Thailand can be marketed as "safer" until such time as Thailand has a major loss due to its inadequate security and ongoing muslim based insurrection.

Russia will not go into Egypt blazing. The Egyptians will not allow it. The Sinai where ISIS roams free is demilitarized. When Israel pulled out and handed over the territory to Egypt, a peace treaty was signed that limited the Egyptian military presence. All foreign militaries are restricted or banned. The Egyptian limit while officially respected is in fact circumvented by Egypt with Israeli agreement to allow Egypt to counter the ISIS presence. Egypt is quite capable of taking on ISIS in the Sinai and Russia has nothing to offer and nothing of value to provide Egypt in this matter.