The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

Why would you bother. I regularly fly to Saigon always between 2k~3k. Return. Sometimes less.

Most nationalities do not enjoy visa exempt entry into Vietnam. While a SETV is available in HCMC, the conditions for issuing it are stricter than in Vientiane or Penang. HCMC is a good option for some, but not for others.

This is a copy and paste of the financial part of form A for METV for australians.... I was just emailed this by a guy who works at the thai royal embassy melbourne. Im sure everyone knows it now but i thought i would post it anway...
Instructions
Multiple Entry Tourist Visa (METV)
Updated: 9/12/2015
The METV allows multiple entries into Thailand for a maximum of 60 days per entry. This visa is only
valid for a 6-month time frame starting from the date the visa is issued. You therefore must enter
Thailand within a 6-month time frame.
1. The application form must be completed and submitted together with the following:
o Original Passport which must be in order and valid for AT LEAST 6 months, beyond the
o 1 recent passport sized photograph (3.5x4.5cm)
o Flight itinerary or e-ticket entering Thailand.
o Application Form A (Completed and Signed)
o Payment AUD $225 (See point 2 for payment methods)
o Evidence of adequate finance showing no less than AUD $8,000 OR 200,000 Baht (if
proposed date of entry into Thailand.
Thai bank account) as follows:
- Official Bank statement, issued within the last 6 months AND/OR
- Official credit card statement issued within the last 6 months, illustrating the current
balance and credit card limit
o Non-Australian citizens must provide proof of Australian Electronic Visa.
NOTE: The Consulate reserves the right to request more documents if required.
2. Fees to be paid in Australian Dollars and made out to ‘Royal Thai Consulate General
Melbourne’ by the following methods; bank cheque, money order, or cash only.
Personal and company cheques WILL NOT be accepted.
3. All visas will take a minimum of 2 working days to process once a complete application has
been received.
4. Visas by Mail: All applications sent via mail must include all of the requirements and
payment made out to ‘Royal Thai Consulate General Melbourne’.
Important: Visa applications will only be accepted if they are sent via registered post and
will only be returned if they include a self-addressed registered envelope, or express post
with signature on delivery (examples pg.2).

Again, about METV in Melbourne.

o Non-Australian citizens must provide proof of Australian Electronic Visa.

If i understand it right, also foreigners can apply a METV in Melbourne.

But:

Applying online

To apply for an ETA online through this website, you must hold a passport from one of the following countries or regions:

• Brunei - Darussalam
  • Canada
  • Hong Kong (SAR PRC)
  • Japan
  • Malaysia

There is a report ( http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/887499-got-metv-in-australia-with-no-residency-employment-requirements/ ) who a Brit got the METV with only a e-Visitor certificate. (https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/651-/eVisitor-Online-application)

This would be easy to apply. I have time till September. May be we see other confirmations about that.

Edited by alocacoc

Maybe you can ask that Brit if he had a bank account in Australia, because the last thing you would want to do is to get there and surprise surprise.

Plus, if he went there and he got a METV two months ago, it doesn't mean I would get one next month.

Unless travelling there for a vacation, Australia could be an expensive gamble.

• Like 2

Maybe you can ask that Brit if he had a bank account in Australia, because the last thing you would want to do is to get there and surprise surprise.

Plus, if he went there and he got a METV two months ago, it doesn't mean I would get one next month.

Unless travelling there for a vacation, Australia could be an expensive gamble.

You could always email or telephone the Thai Embassy or one of the Consulates , provide your details and ask if they would issue you with an METV ............

It's not worth the expense unless I am intending to holiday in Australia in my opinion (for 9 months of Thailand). For 15 months of Thailand...maybe. I am still looking at that. Need to compare the pros and cons of Penang and Perth.

Edited by lkv

It's not worth the expense unless I am intending to holiday in Australia in my opinion (for 9 months of Thailand). For 15 months of Thailand...maybe. I am still looking at that. Need to compare the pros and cons of Penang and Perth.

In Penang you can only get a single entry tourist visa unless you are a Malaysian citizen or resident !

Jetstar's about 17k return, 3 nights hotel abt 10k minimum plus what you spend there. I'd be looking at 40-50K. I don't splurge but don't backpack either.

15 months sounds more tempting than 9, but then again so does Ho Chi Min at 3k baht return for a SETV. Plus I haven't been there before.

Jetstar's about 17k return, 3 nights hotel abt 10k minimum plus what you spend there. I'd be looking at 40-50K. I don't splurge but don't backpack either.

15 months sounds more tempting than 9, but then again so does Ho Chi Min at 3k baht return for a SETV. Plus I haven't been there before.

How do you intend securing this 15 month stay ?

In Penang you can only get a single entry tourist visa unless you are a Malaysian citizen or resident !

I was talking about other visa options, but you're right this thread is about METV. The reason for the parralel is because the people interested in METV are people looking at longer term possibilities. If we are to believe rich tourists with employment in their home coutries are buying this, we are fooling ourselves.

I was talking about other visa options, but you're right this thread is about METV. The reason for the parralel is because the people interested in METV are people looking at longer term possibilities. If we are to believe rich tourists with employment in their home coutries are buying this, we are fooling ourselves.

Which visa options provide a 15 month stay and would you qualify for such a visa which would only be available to someone married to a Thai or who was legitimately employed with a work permit.

Now you're just putting words in my mouth making leading statements for me to get into a discussion about the necessity of having a WP when you apply in some places and other places that are more understanding of the fact that if you don't work, and are just conducting business, it does not necessarely require a work permit.

Edited by lkv

Now you're just putting words in my mouth making leading statements for me to get into a discussion about the necessity of having a WP when you apply in some places and other places that are more understanding of the fact that if you don't work, and are just conducting business, it does not necessarely require a work permit.

I am sure you will have all the necessary documentation required to secure a "business" visa.

Good luck.

I am sure you will have all the necessary documentation required to secure a "business" visa.

Good luck.

That or get a legitimate job with a legitimate WP, if I feel like working, but since I'm such a difficult character as you can tell from my posts, I think there is a strong probability my employer would fire me and cancel my work permit.

I think they should make this METV available regionally, I do qualify financially, and then I would be truly using the correct visa and would not have to burn my brain thinking of "schemes".

It is. For tourists that live in the region and want to visit Thailand multiple times during a six month period.

I'm pretty sure there was a message to 'tourists' when the MFA directed embassies/consulates to issue the METV to people legally resident in the country they apply in. Typical tourists, which IMO is what all tourist visas are aimed at, visit somewhere during their short holiday/vacation time and go home. Although there is nothing stopping someone living here long term on tourist visas I do not believe that they are or have ever been intended for that purpose, and I think recent changes reflect that.

I stayed here for years on tourist visa/visa exempt, but I think those days are numbered and your brain will be working overtime on "schemes" as restrictions get even tighter.

Edited by elviajero

...but I think those days are numbered and you're brain will be working overtime on "schemes" as restrictions get even tighter.

I've heard some rumours yeah. :) About the future not being bright.

Oh well, that's why we have the Thai Visa forum, to post "informative" experiences as we go along.

Hi everyone , I'm Sorin, new on this site, i would like some advice please - I'm planning to teach in Thailand and dont know which visa to apply for - getting a non-imm O visa is a good choice ? can i then apply for work permit and try to find a job ? or find a job offer first and then apply for B visa ?

Sorry , really confused :)

Before you can apply for a Non B visa, you need a job offer and various documentation provided by the company.

For most people, it is best to come on a tourist visa, find a job, then travel to a consulate in a neighboring country to get a Non B visa.

Thanks

so should i go on tourist visa first ? the multiple entry ?

If you can qualify for a non-o visa it would be a good choice but I suspect that you don't.

It is your choice as to which type of tourist visa you get. A single entry tourist visa would allow a total stay of 90 days. A multiple entry tourist visa can allow almost 9 months of total stay.

Thanks

so should i go on tourist visa first ? the multiple entry ?

Multiple entry (METV's) can be difficult to obtain. If you travel on a tourist visa (SETV) you will get 60 days, which can be extended by 30 days. That three months should give you time to find a job. If you need longer than 3 months you'll need the METV or return to your home country for another SETV. Depending on your nationality SETV's are available from embassies/consulates in countries neighbouring Thailand.

So once i find a job during the 90 days i can turn the SETV to B visa in Thailand ?

You may be able, with the correct paperwork supplied by an employer, to convert a tourist visa entry to a "B" visa entry in Bangkok.

Most people find it easier to apply for a visa in Vientiane or Penang, once again with paperwork supplied by the employer.

Just as a matter of interest what is your nationality ?

edited for spelling !

Edited by sunnyjim5