New Ducati Scrambler Sixty2

JayRider

Ducati has revealed a smaller version of the scrambler named the Scrambler Sixty2. The motorcycle is powered by a 399 cc air-cooled L-Twin engine that produces 41 BHP @ 8,750 rpm and 34.3 Nm torque @ 7,750 rpm. The motorcycle uses a 6 speed gearbox. It has a tubular steel trellis frame. There is a 320 mm single disc brake up front and a 245 mm disc brake at the rear. ABS is included as standard.

post-225850-0-42814500-1447774077_thumb.

Edited by JayRider

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My view of Ducati is that they are unreliable and are expensive to buy service and parts are also too expensive.

What they do offer is a great looking and sounding bike.

Don't like the idea of an air cooled engine in Thailand.

Yamaha have air cooled engines on some of their scooters in Thailand.

Scooters Yes possibly not 400 cc or 790 cc bikes such as Ducati.

nothing wrong with an aircooled bike in the tropics if its designed properly. Also less stuff to break if you go offroad . Some people complain a bit though about the exhaust pipes radiating to much heat. Maybe good that on he sixty2 they changed the exhaust routing which incidentally also looks a hell of a lot better

[quote name="NormanW" post="10091890"

nothing wrong with an aircooled bike in the tropics if its designed properly. Also less stuff to break if you go offroad . Some people complain a bit though about the exhaust pipes radiating to much heat. Maybe good that on he sixty2 they changed the exhaust routing which incidentally also looks a hell of a lot better

Yes you're probably right.

I just like the idea of cooler temps where engines are concerned.

Thinking of the sr400 or one of these but price is obviously a factor.

Don't like the idea of the feeling of riding a bike which if went wrong would wipe me out.

[quote name="NormanW" post="10091890"

Yes you're probably right.

I just like the idea of cooler temps where engines are concerned.

Thinking of the sr400 or one of these but price is obviously a factor.

Don't like the idea of the feeling of riding a bike which if went wrong would wipe me out.

Like a Z1000 maybe ??

Good move.

The 800cc Scrambler looks very cumbersome in those off-road videos.

Hope this one is lighter.

May not be significantly lighter. If it's just a sleeved-down 800 then the components are the same plus a small amount of extra weight to reduce the bore size?

But I guess pistons and crank counterweights will be lighter?

May be lighter on the pocket though .... (insurance, fuel, tax?)

The locals seem to like the smaller cc KTM's - so it may sell well in Thailand, and the 400cc 4's were very popular in Japan so perhaps a lower tax bracket?

Not enough power, well for me it isn't, I rather not go down in power than the app 69 hp I got on my V650.

Just enough fun when riding alone, justwhistling.gif. If a lot of 2up touring better get a V1000, now we are talking power. Ohh way off topic now, sorry got carried away.

I guess Ducati want a share of the small bike market and as mentioned many places have huge taxes on bikes over 400cc, Japan among others.

Odd they made it air cooled, everybody else are using water cooling now, even the new Bonnevilles are water cooled.

Not enough power, well for me it isn't, I rather not go down in power than the app 69 hp I got on my V650.

Just enough fun when riding alone, justwhistling.gif. If a lot of 2up touring better get a V1000, now we are talking power. Ohh way off topic now, sorry got carried away.

I guess Ducati want a share of the small bike market and as mentioned many places have huge taxes on bikes over 400cc, Japan among others.

Odd they made it air cooled, everybody else are using water cooling now, even the new Bonnevilles are water cooled.

a water cooled engine on a "retro" bike just doesn't cut it. Can you imagine a kawasaki w800 with water cooling ? Shame that Triumph had to "rape" their Bonneville with water cooling but i guess they could not meet emission standards and noise regulations with the air cooled engine .

Edited by pokerkid

a water cooled engine on a "retro" bike just doesn't cut it. Can you imagine a kawasaki w800 with water cooling ? Shame that Triumph had to "rape" their Bonneville with water cooling but i guess they could not meet emission standards and noise regulations with the air cooled engine .

agree...

post-180591-0-01879500-1447858411_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...