Recommendation for hotel/bungalow/resort in Cha-Am for me, wife and kid?

FACTOR

Hello. Can anyone recommend a place in Cha-Am that fits this general description.

Price range: 40 - 60 USD per night.

Location: directly on the beach. Quiet and peaceful but not too isolated; short walk to bars, restaurants etc... .

Type: small, "family run", garden, small pool would be nice, rooms with balcony or terrace and good view of beach, pool or garden.

I'll be coming around Christmas/New Year with my local wife and two year old son. We are from up-country so speak the language etc... and know what's what, most of the time.

Hua Hin would also be ok if it fits the above description.

Thank you.

We go to Cha Am a couple nights a month for family and shopping. We always stay at Cha Am Villa and that seems to fit your request. On the beach (well across the road, but I believe that is always the case), smaller, pool and has rooms with a terrace. Since it is on the beach road it is close to everything, but if you have not gone there during the holidays it gets very, very busy. If we go during the weekend (which we try to avoid) it's best to walk to meals and places since traffic is bad.

They also have a decent breakfast included in the price. My wife has the phone number, but they don't speak english that I know of. If it sounds good I would suggest a reservation, and check the price. Holidays they get busy and tend to raise the price, but should be within your suggested budget.

Let me know and I can scare up the phone number.

i could be wrong, but i don't think there are any "on the beach or beach front" buildings of any type in DOWNTOWN Cha-Am. There are some very expensive condos north of town that are on the beach.

you should look on agoda.com. put their app on your phone.

i just located dozens of hotels in your price and time frame.

as an example, the regent cha am beach resort, a $279 room for $47, dec 23, two adults, one child, four days.

i could be wrong, but i don't think there are any "on the beach or beach front" buildings of any type in DOWNTOWN Cha-Am. There are some very expensive condos north of town that are on the beach.

you should look on agoda.com. put their app on your phone.

i just located dozens of hotels in your price and time frame.

as an example, the regent cha am beach resort, a $279 room for $47, dec 23, two adults, one child, four days.

The Regent although in the Cha am area is actually in a place Bang Kwai which is about 10 clicks away from the main beach and facilities are limited in that area.

As stated, nothing "directly"on the beach as the road runs alongside but as near to the beach as possiible. Nirundorn is central in walking distance of shops, restaurants etc, well within your price with parking.

• 9 months later...