Chinese tourist death sparks dive industry safety shake-up

webfact

I'm not the one dreaming or hoping for something here.

<deleted>

ection 232

Whoever, by any means whatever, renders any of the following conveyances to be in the condition as likely to cause danger to a person:

(1) Sea-going vessel, airplane, train or tram;

(2) Motor-car used for public transportation; or

(3) Steam-boat or motor-boat of five tons upwards used for public transportation shall be punished with imprisonment of six months to seven years and fined of one thousand to fourteen thousand Baht.

www.ThaiLaws.com

Does it say somebody is criminally negligent there? And is this applicable here?

I don't know, and revert back to my earlier comment that I am no expert on Thai law.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not the one dreaming or hoping for something here.

<deleted>

ection 232

Whoever, by any means whatever, renders any of the following conveyances to be in the condition as likely to cause danger to a person:

(1) Sea-going vessel, airplane, train or tram;

(2) Motor-car used for public transportation; or

(3) Steam-boat or motor-boat of five tons upwards used for public transportation shall be punished with imprisonment of six months to seven years and fined of one thousand to fourteen thousand Baht.

www.ThaiLaws.com

Does it say somebody is criminally negligent there? And is this applicable here?

I don't know, and revert back to my earlier comment that I am no expert on Thai law.

yes it does

how about checking that all those that have left the boat actually have returned, it cannot be that hard can it? Not being a diver, I fail to understand how such a simple check is not implemented every trip.

It is SOP.

Obviously not as "standard" as an "SOP."

I don't think this is an issue in this case....her dive meter said she had only entered the water 26 minutes earlier, I doubt that many, if any, of the other divers would have completed their dive and re-boarded the boat after just 26 minutes ....unless she went into the water a while after the others.