German man on motorbike in fatal late-night collision with car in Karon

rooster59

German man on motorbike in fatal late-night collision with car in Karon

post-247607-0-99791200-1449375004_thumb.

PHUKET: A 47-year-old German man was pronounced dead at Vachira Phuket on Friday morning (December 4) as a result of injuries he sustained in an accident the previous night.

Karon police we're initialy alerted to the accident at 11.45 pm, which happened in front of the Yok Lor (the name of the shop means "pop a wheelie") somtam shop on Pitak Rd in Karon.

According to a police statement, the German man, whose name is being withheld until it can be confirmed that his next of kin have been notified, was on a motorcycle with another Thai female riding pillion when the accident took place.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/german-man-on-motorbike-in-fatal-late-night-collision-with-car-in-karon-55294.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-12-06

Not going to join the TV speculator crew, just very sad indeed. Guy is on holiday, girl on back,all good and wham, done.

RIP

Sad? Perhaps. Stupid, more than likely. If you look at the picture, there doesn't seem to be much, if any, damage to the car, or the bike, so apparently he wasn't going very fast. At least not fast enough to kill him from the impact. That pretty much narrows it down to slamming his head on the pavement, which means STUPID, as if he was wearing a helmet, even a cheap one, chances are, at that slow of speed, it might have saved his life.

So, to change your statement somewhat...."Guy is on holiday, girl on back (no helmet on head), all is (not) good and wham, done.

Anyone who get on a bike, and I don't care if it's a Wave, Sonic or Gold Wing, and doesn't wear a helmet, deserves whatever happens to them. I won't even drive my PCX or Forza to the 7-11 just half a kilometer from my house without putting my helmet on first.

Not going to join the TV speculator crew, just very sad indeed. Guy is on holiday, girl on back,all good and wham, done.

RIP

You just did speculate !

How do you know he was on holiday ? Maybe he lived here..

Whether he was wearing a helmet or not, still very sad. If he was drunk then glad he didn't kill anyone else in the process..

RIP

Sad? Perhaps. Stupid, more than likely. If you look at the picture, there doesn't seem to be much, if any, damage to the car, or the bike, so apparently he wasn't going very fast. At least not fast enough to kill him from the impact. That pretty much narrows it down to slamming his head on the pavement, which means STUPID, as if he was wearing a helmet, even a cheap one, chances are, at that slow of speed, it might have saved his life.

So, to change your statement somewhat...."Guy is on holiday, girl on back (no helmet on head), all is (not) good and wham, done.

Anyone who get on a bike, and I don't care if it's a Wave, Sonic or Gold Wing, and doesn't wear a helmet, deserves whatever happens to them. I won't even drive my PCX or Forza to the 7-11 just half a kilometer from my house without putting my helmet on first.

You're saying he did not wear a helmet and in the same sentence you're saying a helmet might have saved his life. Maybe he was wearing one, maybe not, but your post is IMO a stupid, inconsiderate post.

RIP.

Lousy comments to a lousy news snippet - report it when you have facts. Thanks!

Agreed. Whoever wrote that 'article' should have at least found out the facts. Same goes to the publisher. It's a half assed, half written piece of 'news'. Typical Thai 'journalism'.

Edited by WhizBang

If you look at the picture, there doesn't seem to be much, if any, damage to the car, or the bike, so apparently he wasn't going very fast. At least not fast enough to kill him from the impact. That pretty much narrows it down to slamming his head on the pavement, which means STUPID, as if he was wearing a helmet, even a cheap one, chances are, at that slow of speed, it might have saved his life.

It's very odd that you seem to be able to ascertain the damage to both vehicles when the rest of us see a photo of a brake light all but obscuring the view of any damage to either vehicle. Did the police provide you with a different photo?

How fast do you have to be going in order to die from impact in an accident? That sort of information would be very useful and if people could be persuaded to keep below that speed Thailand would obviously see a huge reduction in the numbers of road accident deaths.

Lousy comments to a lousy news snippet - report it when you have facts. Thanks!

Agreed. Whoever wrote that 'article' should have at least found out the facts. Same goes to the publisher. It's a half assed, half written piece of 'news'. Typical Thai 'journalism'.

You are right typical Thai reporting.It all has to do with logic.When reporting a story one has to ask oneself where,how,why.then look at the possibilities of circumstance..Now you put logic with the story down on paper.;;;A Thai's answer to the question about logic might be;;";;Logic Logic We Don't Need No Stinking Logic".

A scooter pulled out in front of me because he said he could not see me in his rear view mirror. I was in the opposite lane when he hit me. No insurance and no drivers license but guess who had to pay for every thing in what they call Thai justice. Is this car owners going to pay the German family any thing. In Thailand they will say him committed suicide!

I get crazy in my head every-time I see someone on a Motorcycle without a helmet . And what makes me more crazy is seeing 2 on a motorcycle with a small child sandwiched between them. They have helmets but the child does not

What is the mother thinking? She can hold onto the child if there is an accident and protect them?. Not a chance.

Such a sad comment on Thai society . and or lack of education

Condolences to the family... I hope he rests in peace.

Speculation on this subject is inappropriate and may cause biased opinions

That said, I waited days to see an article whereby a speeding tour bus was flogging down visit ! from the mangosteen hill.... The bus ended up in the opposite lane to its origional course, after collecting a couple on a bike.

We all know how high these bus windows screens are, and the significant damage ( point of impact) was close to the middle of the window screen... And these speeds are commonplace.

Helmets wouldn't have helped one bit.... What would help is enforcing the 50 k speed zone, especially around the village markets, which often spills over into the street.

What Thailand needs is a proper licensing system ( no more ten year olds with passengers, weaving thru the traffic) and proper enforcement of the system.... This action will undoubtedly reduce road deaths and more tragedies.

I get crazy in my head every-time I see someone on a Motorcycle without a helmet . And what makes me more crazy is seeing 2 on a motorcycle with a small child sandwiched between them. They have helmets but the child does not

What is the mother thinking? She can hold onto the child if there is an accident and protect them?. Not a chance.

There's a mother every morning going down chaofa west around 8:15~ to ISP with her kid. She wears a cheap helmet(sometimes not tied) and her son has no helmet. I see her every single day, she has YET to look once in her mirrors. But she does swerve left and right into fast oncoming traffic. I have almost hit her (by less than 5cm) on numerous occassions. I have also seen a ton of car almost hit her and break hard to avoid her.

Her husband is farang, so its not about education. He knows the danger and hes still not making his son wear a helmet with his mom that drives with her eyes closed

Then when you get into your school, you'll see dozens upon dozen of farang males bringing their half thai or even farang couples bringing pure west educated children to school on their bike with no helmet themselves or just a helmet for mr daddy. Rarely see kids with helmets.

Having had my dad's harley shoot me 3m in the air when i was 10 while we were going 30kp/h 50m out of our house, i would never let my children drive 5m without a helmet. Bikes can <deleted> up out of the blue. Oil spills, etc etc.

I haven't been here for a couple of weeks. Good to see the sanctimonious dimwits are still out in force. Accusations of not wearing a helmet, drinking etc with no evidence either way. A bloke is dead and all these numpties can do is make dirt on it? Get a life. RIP.

And let me guess. No helmet, hit his head on the pavement and, bingo, another dead one. I don't know if that is what actually happened, but from 7 years of watching this kind of crap, I'd lay money that that's the case.

coffee1.gif

well, and in their home countries it's law for a helmet but here? Unlimited freedom...no helmet. drunk driving, speeding, aso. High price this guy was paying. RIP

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.

What is the mother thinking?

well, sometimes they have one child in front of the driver for a good view and another between the adults, even standing. You now, for the better view. Do you think there is anything in their head?

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.

...............'was killed after being struck by a vehicle'.......

.....am really sick and tired of this 'inconsistent' reporting of incidents.....

....others read "Foreigner kills man on motorcycle'.....(...can you be more guilty that that with a headline like that)

.....here it's 'German in fatal...collision'......(...here....nobody is to blame....it was a collision....)

And let me guess. No helmet, hit his head on the pavement and, bingo, another dead one. I don't know if that is what actually happened, but from 7 years of watching this kind of crap, I'd lay money that that's the case.

coffee1.gif

well, and in their home countries it's law for a helmet but here? Unlimited freedom...no helmet. drunk driving, speeding, aso. High price this guy was paying. RIP

The price of Freedom. Live with risk, die free.

RIP

Give it a rest Clouseau. The guy is dead is that not enough for you?

...............'was killed after being struck by a vehicle'.......

.....am really sick and tired of this 'inconsistent' reporting of incidents.....

....others read "Foreigner kills man on motorcycle'.....(...can you be more guilty that that with a headline like that)

.....here it's 'German in fatal...collision'......(...here....nobody is to blame....it was a collision....)

Better read the Thai papers then, they don't report from the point of view of the foreigner.

coffee1.gif

The price of Freedom. Live with risk, die free.

yeah, no risk, no fun

coffee1.gif

I've been here 8 yrs an it's usually young Thais not farangs in pattaya anyway

RIP

Ah ! Sainthood awaits you!bah.gif