Chalong Hospital construction starts this month

rooster59

Chalong Hospital construction starts this month

1_2015125114018757_owshTpMfjlMgzyNWaNZKU

Vendors originally protested the potentially life-saving Chalong Hospital project because of the location. Photo: Gazette file

PHUKET: Ground will be broken for the Chalong Hospital project before the end of the year, confirmed Chalong Mayor Samran Jindaphol.

The push to upgrade the public health clinic in Chalong into a fully equipped hospital comes with the hope of reducing the number of people dying en route to emergency wards at major hospitals in Phuket Town.

Clinic Director Ruedee Suriya told the Phuket Gazette in 2012 that, on average, two people die every month while on their way to one of the main hospitals in Phuket Town.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Chalong-Hospital-construction-starts-month/62547?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-12-06

Jesus how dumb do you have to be to do this. Even when i was like 8 i wasnt able to understandy people living in cities 15-20mins+ away from hospitals. Phuket town to chalong can be 15mins+ easily.

Hopefully this is done and they also open one in rawai, kata, karon, etc. There's enough people with travel inssurance in each city for a decent sized hospital

• 1 year later...

If they're only just breaking ground then what's the half completed structure at the same location? I thought that was going to be the new hospital.

Sorry, just seen the date of the original article and thread.

Edited by madmitch