POTY Rundown -VOTE CLOSED!

canuckamuck

Poster of the Year prelimnary rundown.  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Deadline Alert:1zgarz5.gif

All voting for this here "POTY RUNOFF" ends:

Thursday 17 December at midnight.

At that time the TOP 20 member candidates will be decided.lock.gif

i dont see Prayuth on the list and he's posted more than anyone in the last year??? disappointed of Pranburisad.png

Also this would save a lot of time as he's "bound" to win

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say and let you know I'm still deciding, am almost there but you know how it is. laugh.png

I know, I know...If I win I just can't make up my mind what song to sing to you ALL...

Feeerk, facepalm.gif .................giggle.gif

Yes,

Supaluke

, I was already planning to post in GENERAL.

If it's moved, it's moved. Out of my control.

(I see

Supaluke

has later edited his comment about Farang Pub. Fine. Others have mentioned it as well.)

I hope to post MORE DESCRIPTIVE and INVITING headings for the later voting polls.

As I've said, I think this current one was unfortunately very weak, pretty much the OPPOSITE of click bait.

Most members here likely don't even know what POTY is and rundown in some cultures may mean a toilet emergency.

I actually don't think the problem was Farang Pub placement. I think the problem was the HEADLINE.

Oh well!

Can't change the past.

Moving forward now.

Edited by Jingthing

Seriously now. This nutcase had his chance, blustered for about ten pages about how he didn't want to be involved unless the MANAGEMENT gave him some kind of blessing, then pretended that he was glad someone else took charge because that was his plan all along. Do we really want someone who's clearly this unstable running things? I vote no.

I vote yes.

Can we add this as a third question in the poll?

The qualification poll is still Canuckamuck's isn't it?

Lets start a new poll. A vote of no confidence in the self-appointed poll lord.

Frankly, this whole thing has been a bit of a non-starter. A total reboot might be for the best.

I vote yes.

JT is definitely the man for the job

We need some razzmatazz and pizzazz, hoopla that only JT can bring to the game

Yes,

Supaluke

, I was already planning to post in GENERAL.

If it's moved, it's moved. Out of my control.

(I see

Supaluke

has later edited his comment about Farang Pub. Fine. Others have mentioned it as well.)

I hope to post MORE DESCRIPTIVE and INVITING headings for the later voting polls.

As I've said, I think this current one was unfortunately very weak, pretty much the OPPOSITE of click bait.

Most members here likely don't even know what POTY is and rundown in some cultures may mean a toilet emergency.

I actually don't think the problem was Farang Pub placement. I think the problem was the HEADLINE.

Oh well!

Can't change the past.

Moving forward now.

You might remember i was the first one to bring this to the thread's attention.

I did suggest: POTY Meltdown!

Some other suggestions:

Poster of The Year: Captain's Shock Selections!

POTY in Turmoil as members reject nominations!!!!

Poster of The Year: See Your favorite member before they are banned!

Poster Of The year. Is the Chiang Mai fix in this year?

Poster of the year! Roll up! Roll Up! Biggest show ever!

Oh, those are very good!
I think I am not silly enough to use them ... but you got me thinking.

I especially love this one.

Poster of The Year: See Your favorite member before they are banned!

But I reckon it would rub the hands behind the curtain the wrong way.

Actually, does anyone else have specific headline suggestions that are just a little bit less edgy? And also descriptive? If not, I'll probably go for something basically descriptive and try to add a little SIZZLE to it.

Edited by Jingthing

Granted it's a difficult job to do, bit like herding cats, but most of the members are reasonable folk and if asked, will respond in kind.

We don't need to be cow-poked or prodded.

I vote no.

Noted. rolleyes.gif

Unless there is a coup and someone else takes the initiative (really anyone is free to, there is nothing to stop them), the plan I detailed goes forward starting at the finishing time of this CURRENT poll.

Whining, complaining, baiting, voting on polls that don't exist are just NOISE.

Actions matters.

Canuckamuck took action with his own initiative to get this going and I plan on taking action to bring it home.

Someone else wants this task ... be my guest. Didn't think so.

Edited by Jingthing

Have only just noticed that you're having three phases of voting, this one, a semi final and then a final. Good grief, are you mad, folks are already starting to loose interest because of all the shenanigans, I predict voter burnout long before the end of the second phase. I would urge you to end it at the end of second phase, I mean, what's the point of thee phases, it's not as though the internet doesn't have the capacity!

The plan has been announced.

We could debate every detail all year. Too late. This is going forward as detailed unless someone else comes forward with action to do it themselves.

On that note, I think it's time for me to not respond to any further ill mannered objections to the plan.

Either accept this plan going forward or organize an alternative and act on it. Those are the choices. I don't see why I should waste my time responding to any more snipes. I do welcome CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions within the announced plan such as suggestions for wording of the poll threads.

Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

There's nothing to take charge of, the first phase is nearly finished, all somebody has to do is prune the results and create a voting table for the second and final phase. No further intervention is required except by voters. It's not rocket science and it's not as though somebody has to keep winding up a machine or stand guard at a door, jeeze, talk about making a simple thing complicated, I wonder how some people manage to get dressed in the morning!

Plan will go forward as detailed. If there is a coup, then just do it.

Of course I am no mod and don't wish to be, but I will say if these threads devolve into 100 percent bickering about personal "stuff" then the contest will likely be trashed completely. If that's what people really want, so be it.

It's funny the schizo messages here. First it's just a bit of fun and then obviously some just want a bit of BLOOD in the streets. Sometimes the same people, that's the SCHIZO part, or maybe not, maybe that's the idea of FUN.

Well you may get both but as far as I'm concerned the plan gets implemented.

Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

I think JT will be a great poll-master.

But I do think that we should have a separate poll on tie-break guidelines.

Until the new mid-tewrm split rules came into place, the Superleague play-offs ran like this:

Elimination Quarter-finals

5 v 8 for a place in the Quarter-Finals

6 v 7 for a place in the Quarter-Finals

Qualification Quarter-Finals

1 v 4 for a place in the Semi-Finals

2 v 3 for a place in the Semi-Finals

Quarter-Finals

Winner Elimination QF 2 v Loser Qualification QF 1 for a place in the Semi-Finals

Winner Elimination QF 1 v Loser Qualification QF 2 for a place in the Semi-Finals

Semi-Finals

Winner Qualification QF 1 v Winner QF 2

Winner Qualification QF2 v Winner QF 1

Final

Winner SF1 v Winner SF2, which I think is a bit of a cop-out on the complexity stakes

Anyway, if the greatest minds (he said, laughingly) of TV can't come up with something more complicated than that, then we don't deserve to be laughingly called the greatest minds

SC

I've got plenty of coins ready to flip!

Next ...

Plan will go forward as detailed. If there is a coup, then just do it.

Of course I am no mod and don't wish to be, but I will say if these threads devolve into 100 percent bickering about personal "stuff" then the contest will likely be trashed completely. If that's what people really want, so be it.

It's funny the schizo messages here. First it's just a bit of fun and then obviously some just want a bit of BLOOD in the streets. Sometimes the same people, that's the SCHIZO part, or maybe not, maybe that's the idea of FUN.

Well you may get both but as far as I'm concerned the plan gets implemented.

Cheers.

JT you're being inflexible and inconsiderate of the needs of the wider audience and the poll nominees, I'm done beating my drum on this but you really should put aside any vanity and pride and simply change your mind about how to run this very simple poll. Out.

Lets have a poll on TV Posters concept of 'Fun'

That would be a challenging poll to write up. Why don't you have a CRACK at it?

It was much more fun last year.

Nancy even popped over to Teak Door to get votes!!

She may do again.

It's early yet.

Nancy will definitely be in the top 20 and probably in top 5 as well.

A hint to others: CAMPAIGNING reaps dividends.

I'm going for the alternative approach. No campaigning, no nothing. What will be will be.

If the creme de la creme, the most intelligent, knowledgeable, sincere and honorable of Thai Visa members can not see that I am worthy of winning POTY then I will probably lose all faith in the expat community in Thailand, if not all of human kind.

That would be a challenging poll to write up. Why don't you have a CRACK at it?

Could be fun

When we get down to the TOP 20, it would be cool if each candidate presents a statement about what's so bloody great about them! Who are some of these people?!?

I'm gonna ASK anyway. Too early now ... but later as things HEAT up.

Edited by Jingthing

Please limit the troll posts.

This is a contest for the contestants.

The running of the contest should be as SEAMLESS as possible.

I've set the plan. I think it's very clear.

If people need clarification about the plan, by all means ask.

Also, in lieu of a coup, I think it's fair that I won't be posting any campaigning type posts from now on for ANY contender.

I disagree. The rules should be baffling to the point of impenetrable, yet flexible to the point of fluidity, and, in an ideal world, archaic.

And rhyming.