Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@buji

And what belief is that? That this trial was flawed from start to finish? If so then yes I do believe that.

Do I think the two men are innocent? No idea. They could well be guilty for all I know. We will never know after the way this case has been handled.

Edited by Bluespunk

This will further embolden the demons who run Koh Tao. Expect more of their antics in the future. Now it's clear that enough money will buy anything, even with international scrutiny.

I agree, the same thing happened with OJ Pimpson, thought he could pay his way out of any crime.

This is unacceptable and I will do everything in my power to vindicate these poor guys...I suggest that everybody does the same...tell the world that this is absolutely unacceptable. Please remember one thing this is NOT called a justice system it is known as the legal system. Justice implies an international recognized term based on evidence and objectivity. You'll see none of that in Thailand and today marks it as very clear and understood. Shame Shame Shame on you Thailand..you're a disgrace.

like to hear what the families have to say

I have, David Miller's brother is pleased that justice has been served and this goes for all of the family as he was at the trial on most days towards the end of the case and stated, on the BBC news that "the evidence was OVERWHELMING towards them being the guilty parties".

I am glad that I have been vindicated all along that these two murderers and rapists were the guilty ones. It was obvious to me, but not to a very large majority of posters that they were culpable of this hideous crime.

There can be no argument that they were under represented as social media ensured that they had the services of 7 of Thailand's top lawyers to defend them. Unfortunately, if you are guilty of a crime then no amount of lawyers will be good enough!!

I await the day of their execution to put closure to this very sad affair for the two families of the pair.

There is no jury. Only one judge. And as much As I want to think the court is corrupt. It's more likely a piss poor defense. Lawyers for the most part are very unskilled and unwilling to do probono work. Court appointed lawyers are very green and inexperienced. But the good thing is they can appeal.

Appeal and get it reduced to life in prison save face again, just watch.

And what belief is that? That this trial was flawed from start to finish? If so then yes I do believe that.

Do I think the two men are innocent? No idea. They could well be guilty for all I know. We will never know after the way this case has been handled.

Exactly, all in all the very least that the judge could have done was to give them a life sentence, that way a mistake could be rectified. A death sentence should only be given if there is no shred of doubt but this case is riddled with doubt and incompetence.

Edited by Sheryl
deleted quote removed

Why are people surprised? If you thought there would be any other outcome you are seriously deluded.

Nobody is surprised,...and nobody is deluded,.....but somewhere deep in our hearts we hoped the truth would come out and real justice would be served some day.

The real murderers are still at large and enjoying freedom in front of everybody....

Best regards.

The Miller's statement is unbelievable. Something very strange going on there. It can't just be grief.

Yes..I agree and commented in the previous thread..I don't think I've ever heard such a strong statement after a judgement..They were very critical of 'activists' and full of praise for the Royal Thai Police as they quoted and the evidence was overwhelming ..A incredible statement from David's brother on behalf of the family and can't get my head around what they said about the the court case...Is there something we all don't know or didn't hear ?? I really don't know how they could make such a strong statement after witnessing so much of the trial..beyond belief I'm afraid...

Remember the prosecution asked for another day and the court finished at 1:00 in the morning ? do any of the armchair detectives who think they are still innocent want to tell us what happened ? Lots of tweets that day from Andy about unacceptable information from the uk ? anyone ?

The Miller's statement is unbelievable. Something very strange going on there. It can't just be grief.

Yes..I agree and commented in the previous thread..I don't think I've ever heard such a strong statement after a judgement..They were very critical of 'activists' and full of praise for the Royal Thai Police as they quoted and the evidence was overwhelming ..A incredible statement from David's brother on behalf of the family and can't get my head around what they said about the the court case...Is there something we all don't know or didn't hear ?? I really don't know how they could make such a strong statement after witnessing so much of the trial..beyond belief I'm afraid...

Remember the prosecution asked for another day and the court finished at 1:00 in the morning ? do any of the armchair detectives who think they are still innocent want to tell us what happened ? Lots of tweets that day from Andy about unacceptable information from the uk ? anyone ?

Well lay it out don't talk in circles.

the shame the legal system brings on itself is downright amazing .....this bought and paid for ruling has every employee of the so called legal system hanging their heads in shame . their next thought is , if the police can do this , am I safe ? can it happen to me or my family ? the answer is yes if the money is right . this ruling ascends beautiful Thailand on the scale of human rights violations . north Korea and Thailand are about in the same place as far as law , crime , punishment , slavery and corruption go . but I love this country , its people , and culture . the power's that be , ehhh..... not so much .

Correct verdict? Obviously they know nothing of Thailand and what really goes on...try not to have disrespect for the family..but you might as well go back to sleep. You most likely condoned innocent people to a death sentence...can you live with both your siblings death and the death of the Myanmar fellows?

Edited by freedom4life

I can attest to one thing since I spent allot of time in the south. Puket and Samui

Burmese are not very likable and have a totally different outlook on life. Than anything I have seen. I'm pretty sure they did tho crime. Just knowing what I know about zBurmese. And their temperament

Makes you wonder who has such influence to send the B2 to the gallows with everyone knowing the holes in this case.

Somebody out there must be principled enough to say what they know as fact. May they reap their karma one-thousand-fold either way if they remain silent.

With the stroke of a pen it appears that Thais opted to double the victim count instead of exercise enough work ethic to reach a verdict beyond reasonable doubt.

Makes you wonder? ........This is the way that Thailand works 'writ large'.........TIT

This is unacceptable and I will do everything in my power to vindicate these poor guys...I suggest that everybody does the same...tell the world that this is absolutely unacceptable. Please remember one thing this is NOT called a justice system it is known as the legal system. Justice implies an international recognized term based on evidence and objectivity. You'll see none of that in Thailand and today marks it as very clear and understood. Shame Shame Shame on you Thailand..you're a disgrace.

You're deluded if you believe that miscarriages of justice like this and the execution of innocents (I am certain the death penalty will not be carried out in this case) is somehow uniquely Thai. Amnesty International will open your eyes.

I can attest to one thing since I spent allot of time in the south. Puket and Samui

Burmese are not very likable and have a totally different outlook on life. Than anything I have seen. I'm pretty sure they did tho crime. Just knowing what I know about zBurmese. And their temperament

I can attest to one thing since I spend a lot of time in Thailand.

Thais have a very different outlook on life compared to many westerners. As to their temperament......., well, plenty of videos out there .............

Hmm and Thai guys who like to pose for photos wearing shark-tooth rings are your go-to, friendly type? How about the erm Thai jet-ski operators? The taxi drivers, the boat drivers, the RTP - hell anyone around here will serve as a contradiction to your argument... facepalm.gif

"We believe the correct verdict has been reached" says David Miller's family

By Coconuts Bangkok

SAMUI:-- The family of slain British backpacker David Miller appeared outside Koh Samui provincial court today following the guilty verdict and death sentence for Myanmar nationals Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun, also known as Wai Phyo. Here is their statement in full:

He should not have died that night. David died from drowning after being hit multiple times. Blunt trauma broke his jaw, his cheekbone and fractured his skull.

He was hacked down from behind dragged into the sea and left to die. That will live with us forever.

What happened to Hannah Witheridge is unspeakable.

We believe that the result today represents justice for David and Hannah.

Like many people we were initially unsure what to think when Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo were detained as suspects.

We saw images of two innocent looking men surrounded by tough policemen.

It was easy to conclude they might just be convenient scapegoats. However we resolved to keep an open mind until we had heard all the evidence.

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-12-24

after listening to the brothers heartfelt statement(im assuming the family have been in the loop and know more than us) im now pretty unsure as to waether or not they did or didnt do it .my only nagging doubt is that he praise the police and the justice system a little too much .he probably didnt write it himself.death sentence should not have happen life would give more time to clear there names if they didnt do or life to reflect would of been better in my opinion..