Driving around the region

Somtamnication

Thanks all. LIK, we loaded that site, along with bookings and hoteltravel and we tried to book but to no avail. The walk-in idea is what we are going to follow. It will be fun. We are a bit over an hour from home, so if nothing is found, then I have to take wife to Central to shop. sad.png

These hotel booking sites need a couple of days to process your booking. Not really good for a walk-in idea. And do not expect the Agoda rate when you arrive - we tried that many times up in Khao Lak and were quoted a much higher rate - pointed out that the agoda rate attracted up to a 20% commission - blank look - no idea - me, bi bi.
Book online from the hotel via Agoda etc using the hotel's WiFi.

It takes time to process the payment through Agoda.

No pay - No stay. Thai Business 101.

OP, walk in is a bad idea. They will up the price thinking you are desperate for a room.

No processing time needed.

Not a drive vacation. Koh Yao Yai and Noy are also nice places to visit and stay for one night. Small island with not too much to see or do, simply for relaxation.

It's easy to get there either from Bang Rong pier or from Phuket town.

I second this suggestion.

Also, the less time on the roads here this time of year, the better.

Confirm for booking dot com.

Used it multiple times , one of the great features for me is the google maps interface to the hotel.

Not sure where you are , scan through for a hotel close to your location , options come up.. choose one you like and hit the link , hey presto google maps kicks in and takes you straight there.

Worked a treat today as im in Rangsit which is not exactly overflowing with "western" accomodation