Computer Problem

lelapin

Most scanners wont work if in safe mode, most pc shops I have dealt with have enough English savvy to understand what you need.

Again if done yourself I repeat turn off system restore before dealing with viruses, then on again after removal.

Edited by Brit_Doggie

Most scanners wont work if in safe mode, most pc shops I have dealt with have enough English savvy to understand what you need.

Again if done yourself I repeat turn off system restore before dealing with viruses, then on again after removal.

Very incorrect statement and yes they do work in safe mode. In fact as I stated before, many viruses cannot be removed unless this procedure is followed as viruses will install small programs undetectable to users unless they are running in safe mode. Have dealt with this issue many times over the years.

When trying to access a website from one that is already on the screen I am redirected elsewhere usually to a gaming website or a sales one.

Other times the computer locks and will not move from the site I am on.

Contacted Microsoft chat helpline who wanted 1399 baht but didn't convince me they could solve it. Therefore think my best option is to visit an engineer in person in Pattaya and go through the problem with him. The computer is only 6 months old. I had the problem with Windows 8.1 and thought it might go away if if upgraded to Windows 10. It hasn't and is in fact worse.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

You could try ADW Cleaner, I have used this successfully in the past for a similar problem.

Another decent website you can browse through for problem solving is, malwaretips.com

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/malware-removal-guide-for-windows/

Edited by Broken Record

not necessarily only a browser problem. it can also be related to a dns/router hack. Actually you should do a dns cache often to ensure your browser is not hacked.

To clear your DNS cache if you use Windows 7, perform the following steps:

1. Click Start.
  2. Enter cmd in the Start menu search text box.
  3. Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
  4. Run the following command: ipconfig /flushdns.

not necessarily only a browser problem. it can also be related to a dns/router hack. Actually you should do a dns cache often to ensure your browser is not hacked.
  1. Click Start.

As previously mentioned I am on Windows 10

This from the first post:

Does anyone know a good English speaking computer engineer in Pattaya

Please stay on the topic, failing that I will move the topic over to the computer forum.

Please stay on the topic, failing that I will move the topic over to the computer forum.

Exactly. Whilst I appreciate all the replies from people offering advice on how to solve the problem, I am an old farang who wishes to pay someone in Pattaya to solve it for me. So far I have had no replies to my request.

1. Click Start.

As previously mentioned I am on Windows 10

command prompt is in all versions of windows to include 10. but i just read you would rather take it to someone to have them look at it for you which I understand. Wish I had a recommendation to help out but, sorry I dont. Good luck in getting it all sorted out maybe post back what was found to help some of us other guys out. Cheers

Exactly. Whilst I appreciate all the replies from people offering advice on how to solve the problem, I am an old farang who wishes to pay someone in Pattaya to solve it for me. So far I have had no replies to my request.

King Kong Computer 4th floor at Tukcom have been recommended in the past. I used him for a replacement battery and English was good. Tel 085 3893859

Pattaya2you behind Tukom Parking. Bring it in and they fix while you wait. 500 Baht max. Free if not fixed. Happy New Year.MS>

I second Moonseeker's suggestion - they have always looked after me since I bought one of their computers 9 years ago.

Pattaya2you behind Tukom Parking. Bring it in and they fix while you wait. 500 Baht max. Free if not fixed. Happy New Year.MS>

Maybe they have improved their customer service, but a while back they charged me 200 baht for not fixing a problem. System restore revealed they hadn't even turned the computer on. I would never take a computer there again.

I would suggest Liberty Computers on 3rd Road. A British guy owns the shop.

I used to be an IT technician back home but that was in the Windows 7 days . Microsoft promised it would be a lot more difficult for any viruses to sneak into their new OS Win 10 but not so it seems. I am still on Win 8.1 and another laptop with Win 7 . They run smoothly but be aware of hijacked websites , if you do a lot of misclicks , your computer could be almost unworkable after a while .

I would try to install antimalware programs first , and run them several times before you seek "professional" help in Pattaya.

Here are some well known recommended links, but only run them after you have scanned your computer with your antivirus program .

Malwarebytes

Hijackthis

Junkwareremoval tool

Also if possible try to run the tools in Safe mode.

If you hand over your computer to an IT shop here in Pattaya, it will most likely not be cleaned properly , they will just do a reformat so you need to make sure you have a backup of all your files.

Edited by balo

Call "A" at tel. # 0817437073

He will come to your residence.

Last I knew he charged 300 Baht for normal visit.

He's competent and reliable.

Visited me today. Worked for one hour and so far now everything OK. 300 baht.

Many many thanks.