Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

http://immigration.go.th/

Go to Notification Of Residence after entering site, click on Thai version top right, tis there.

A large condo building could get set up to do the reporting on behalf of their foreign residents.  Ours does.

Check with the office of your condo building.  They're probably set up to do it already since Immigration regularly goes to condo buildings with large foreign populations to check that everything is proper.

5 hours ago, Faz said:

That's nonsense and scaremongering on the part of your agent.

What about the hoteliers who use electronic reporting of foreigners residence.

What about the private landlords who complete the TM30 and obtain the receipt.

The receipt for a TM30 won't always be available for every foreigner to staple it in his passport.

In many cases the hotelier or landlord will hold that receipt as their proof of completing the reporting.

Just been confirmed by a friend who paid the 1600 baht today and had the TM30 stapled in his passport. No TM30 no 90 days.

Online 90 days not moving out of pending for at least a couple of people maybe something to do with it? 

We live in interesting times!

3 hours ago, Faz said:

Unless you operate as a business and have an ID number, you cannot use the online reporting of foreigners.

I have to disagree with this, when we did my first TM30, they instructed my wife who does not run any business how to open an account on the site for TM30 reporting, as we are commuting between two provinces, it saves trip to local offices, and it has been working fine, so far. The lady in office 3 at Airport Immigration Chiang Mai can help you with that if you have any problem.

• Like 1

And it gets worse. Now confirmed that all 90 days sent by post will now require a copy of the TM30  or they will not issue the new 90 day report slip. 

Apparently may also apply to those already in the system so guess I will be joining the queue that will be forming at airport imm when slips are not received.

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

And it gets worse. Now confirmed that all 90 days sent by post will now require a copy of the TM30  or they will not issue the new 90 day report slip. 

Apparently may also apply to those already in the system so guess I will be joining the queue that will be forming at airport imm when slips are not received.

No wonder people get confused, Not that elementary easy I think Requirement TM30 consisting of 2 documents 1 completely filled in & signed by your landlord, other form you fill in your details but landlord must sign also, Landlord blue book copy, if rent contract copy, ID copy Landlord, legal decoration Thai citizen guaranteeing you, also need copy of Thai guarantee ID. If you do not pay 1600 Thai for your landlord breaking the law, you will not be stamped. Bad guys out of the kingdom, good guys pay & stay in.
If you go down to Airport immigration you can do it personally, take everything I told you Aliens, but it's better to take your Thai guarantee with you to speak in their language and guarantee you, as at Airport they cannot communicate in the international language.

I contacted my Local Agent to ask about my 90 report

He stated that if i am registered in Chiang Mai Area

I do not need a TM 30 receipt

Unless i report outside of Chiang Mai Area

i will find out on Monday when i have mine done

So for people who think they know

Monday will be interesting

Hi guys, I need to extend my tourist visa, never used Promenada before, the old one, I used to turn up around 8 and was out by about 11.

What time should I arrive?

If its crazy early, like 4am, is there a queuing service you can recommend, or is that just for other visas?

Cheers

9 hours ago, banagan said:

Hi guys, I need to extend my tourist visa, never used Promenada before, the old one, I used to turn up around 8 and was out by about 11.

What time should I arrive?

If its crazy early, like 4am, is there a queuing service you can recommend, or is that just for other visas?

Cheers

Tourist visa extensions at Promenada aren't crazy.  All the whining is about retirement visa extensions.  You should be OK if you arrive around 8 am and you'll be out by 11 am.  Be sure to bring proof of where you're staying.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NancyL said:

Tourist visa extensions at Promenada aren't crazy.  All the whining is about retirement visa extensions.  You should be OK if you arrive around 8 am and you'll be out by 11 am.  Be sure to bring proof of where you're staying.

Great, thanks

"Trip report:" Did my retirement extension of stay this morning. Arrived about 5am to find a small number of queuers in many of the lines. 6am would have been fine for the retirement queue.  TM30 receipt slip and proof of residence now definitely needed, as was the new information form, though this is now reduced to less than one side of A4. Out by noon. 

Thanks, Lizard 2010.  The form seems to be an improvement of sorts.  Emergency contact information is appropriate.  It is the redundancy of Immigration Department requests for information that is mind-blowing, however, and the department's professional failure to develop a workable and dependable IT system.

One change is notable.  The form is entirely in English.  There is recognition, apparently, that foreigners don't generally speak Thai!  Such a surprise!  The use of Thai and English (especially poor English) concurrently on other Immigration forms really makes some of them a jumble.  And the Thai Immigration web sites are notably inadequate. 

Although English is the most used international language, it would be practical that there are versions in at least some other languages, such as French and Chinese.  For some offices, it would also make sense to have Japanese, Arabic and Korean. It would save a lot of people, including Immigration officers, a lot of time and effort.

Regarding the design, here are two criticisms. The form is too crowded, jammed onto one page.  The address format is also awkward since many addresses don't fit the specific layout.  That makes it  look like an unprofessional rush job 

Edited by Mapguy

50 minutes ago, Mapguy said:

Thanks, Lizard 2010.  The form seems to be an improvement of sorts.  Emergency contact information is appropriate.  It is the redundancy of Immigration Department requests for information that is mind-blowing, however, and the department's professional failure to develop a workable and dependable IT system.

One change is notable.  The form is entirely in English.  There is recognition, apparently, that foreigners don't generally speak Thai!  Such a surprise!  The use of Thai and English (especially poor English) concurrently on other Immigration forms really makes some of them a jumble.  And the Thai Immigration web sites are notably inadequate. 

Although English is the most used international language, it would be practical that there are versions in at least some other languages, such as French and Chinese.  For some offices, it would also make sense to have Japanese, Arabic and Korean. It would save a lot of people, including Immigration officers, a lot of time and effort.

Regarding the design, here are two criticisms. The form is too crowded, jammed onto one page.  The address format is also awkward since many addresses don't fit the specific layout.  That makes it  look like an unprofessional rush job 

Only the international language & Chinese & Japanese language because the Japanese are the biggest investors in Thailand. No one takes the French language serious in Asia outside of the Westin European Iron Curtain Empire.

Come to think about this some more, it probably isn't feasible  for Thai Immigration to muster anywhere near enough officers to function in any other languages than Thai and English without foreigners using their own translators.  It is probably much more  sensible  to speculate that they are not multilingual in the langages suggested except, perhaps, Chinese.  Some are probably literate in Burmese or Lao, but that's probably about it.  I wonder what does go on in areas favored by Arabic and, say, Eastern European language speakers.

Boo hoo, I got the TM30 penalty yesterday 1600 Baht even though they were notified in May this year at same address (I did leave the country though 6 weeks ago), wrote my address on TM7 on re-entry....nice little earner going on right now with the TM28/TM30 retroactive penalty now being enforced.
I have lived at same address all this time in Thailand, and extensions of any kind were never an issue without doing the Tm28/30 dance with no TM30 being submitted after my very first one a few years back at same address except something this year for some reason in May.... only 90-day reporting of address seemed to be fine.

So we need TM7 reporting of address on arrival.

TM28/30 reporting of address now by tenant and building owner within 48 hours.

AND

every 90 days address reporting for those on extensions...unreal !

It's all going Indian style with the paperwork requirements.

Edited by freedomnow
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2016 at 9:33 AM, Thailand said:

When we submitted the TM30 for our tenants I was given the receipt and told to give a copy to each of the tenants to put in their passports.

So a photocopy of the TM30 should be enough for a tourist visa extension. Don't want to wait for 3 hours only to be told 'original TM30 ONLY acceptable'

On 9/12/2016 at 0:24 PM, jobin said:

In the  queue at 5am, hard seat #3. Out the door at 11:15 with retirement extension and multi-entry stamp.

Do retirement visa automatically comes with multiple-reentry or do you have do another reentry application? Wouldn't that be two queues in one day?

On 10/12/2016 at 6:06 PM, freedomnow said:

Boo hoo, I got the TM30 penalty yesterday 1600 Baht even though they were notified in May this year at same address (I did leave the country though 6 weeks ago), wrote my address on TM7 on re-entry....nice little earner going on right now with the TM28/TM30 retroactive penalty now being enforced.
I have lived at same address all this time in Thailand, and extensions of any kind were never an issue without doing the Tm28/30 dance with no TM30 being submitted after my very first one a few years back at same address except something this year for some reason in May.... only 90-day reporting of address seemed to be fine.

I'm not sure I understand you correctly - on re-entry we fill in the arrival card with our address and in theory if not in practice the landlord notifies immigration that we are back in the country.   I'm reading this as we also have to notify immigration that we are back in the country - is this correct?

It also got me to thinking, should somebody be reporting that we left the address when we go away?  Would make sense.

22 minutes ago, Konini said:

I'm not sure I understand you correctly - on re-entry we fill in the arrival card with our address and in theory if not in practice the landlord notifies immigration that we are back in the country.   I'm reading this as we also have to notify immigration that we are back in the country - is this correct?

It also got me to thinking, should somebody be reporting that we left the address when we go away?  Would make sense.

A friend has recently returned from Overseas

He had to go himself in person to advise the Thai Police Investigation office

behind the Airport Immigration Office

It was his responsibility to advise he was back in the country

Not his owner

Which he did

He showed them the old TM30 receipt then they gave him a new one

Maybe this is the new way to do things these days

May change tomorrow

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:06 PM, freedomnow said:

AND

every 90 days address reporting for those on extensions...unreal !

It's all going Indian style with the paperwork requirements.

I think you've got your wires crossed and stipulating the wrong forms, which may confuse others.

On re entry you complete a TM6 (Arrival/Departure card)

A TM7 is only completed to extend your annual permission to stay, when your previous one is expiring.

On re entry and return to your permanent registered address, there is also no need to submit a TM28, because you are returning to the same registered address, not changing address.

Only the TM30 needs to be re filed by the 'House Master'.

Edited by Faz

1 hour ago, xng said:

Do retirement visa automatically comes with multiple-reentry or do you have do another reentry application? Wouldn't that be two queues in one day?

Visas are only obtained from Thai Embassies/ Consulates.

You are extending your permission to stay at Immigration, which is a Permit, not a Visa.

It does not allow for any re-entries, so either a single or multiple re-entry permit must be applied for if you want to leave and re-enter Thailand and keep your current extension alive.

Without a re-entry permit, you will be given a 30 day Visa exempt entry stamp. Your extension will be invalid and you'd have to start the whole procedure again from scratch.

• Like 1

This I am afraid is the ongoing situation, total confusion.The only information you can get in this country is from this forum,or similar  and/or visiting an Imm office which could take up half a day, if you can find  someone to give you what he/she believes is the correct information on that day and that may well be incorrect.

I wish, and this may well come up in the meeting at the Empress Hotel, that Immigration would fund someone who can put in correct English and other languages the RULES that apply and put them on a publicised web site and a brochure which could be available when you enter the country.

I met a guy from Canada this week that has just arrived,intends to retire here firstly as a renter.He was totally confused from the different ,well meaning advice he has been given and like 99% of the people here just wants to live without constantly worrying that he may be fined or reprimanded for non compliance.  While the goal posts keep moving and Imm offices act independently confusion will remain.

2 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

This I am afraid is the ongoing situation, total confusion.The only information you can get in this country is from this forum,or similar  and/or visiting an Imm office which could take up half a day, if you can find  someone to give you what he/she believes is the correct information on that day and that may well be incorrect.

I wish, and this may well come up in the meeting at the Empress Hotel, that Immigration would fund someone who can put in correct English and other languages the RULES that apply and put them on a publicised web site and a brochure which could be available when you enter the country.

I met a guy from Canada this week that has just arrived,intends to retire here firstly as a renter.He was totally confused from the different ,well meaning advice he has been given and like 99% of the people here just wants to live without constantly worrying that he may be fined or reprimanded for non compliance.  While the goal posts keep moving and Imm offices act independently confusion will remain.

I agree

It is a minefield

Why make it hard fore us

I believe is putting more people of living here

If only they listened to people

Then release that we  were right

Fix it form the Top To The Bottom

There are many people who should know better

We were taught to think one way

Unfortunately they think completely different to us

One day it might be easy

I am not holding my breath