Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

yes nancy  i go away on overseas break in a few days 

i didn't need an agent for my return stamp 

didn't upgrade my seat to 1st class 

i am not going out to dukes for a meal before i go 

and will not be staying at le mariednnn drinking there expensive wine

and i have had my passport taken and detained in china some years ago for a week

but they had a belief artifacts i was carrying were stolen from a tomb

but were wrong /nancy look back at past posts

and kosamoto stop trolling

24 minutes ago, opalred said:

yes nancy  i go away on overseas break in a few days 

i didn't need an agent for my return stamp 

didn't upgrade my seat to 1st class 

i am not going out to dukes for a meal before i go 

and will not be staying at le mariednnn drinking there expensive wine

and i have had my passport taken and detained in china some years ago for a week

but they had a belief artifacts i was carrying were stolen from a tomb

but were wrong /nancy look back at past posts

and kosamoto stop trolling

ROFL....

Re: Final trip to Promenada for Visa Conversion to Non-O

The instructions I was given by Imm was simply to contact Imm in person on July 3rd regarding my application of stay.  They told me any time of day was fine but suggested the morning.

I'm wondering if someone who has been through this step recently can tell me what the procedure is.  Do you just take a number and wait to be called?  Will my passport be stamped as I wait or will I be required to leave my passport and come back later?  If later, is it typically same day or not.  

Thanks

IMG_0547.thumb.JPG.ebaf27dc5a02dfcb415bb4e388629934.JPG 

46 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Opedred: ...and kosamoto stop trolling

Opelred,  I'm trolling you?  I think the shoe is on the other foot.  Simply because I misunderstood one of your posts (and apologized for it) you lashed out at me with nasty comments such as "do you have blinkers on?" "get a life!" etc.  You seem to insult anybody who disagrees with you in a pretty vicious way such as the way you talk to NancyL.  Even if I didn't like somebody I would never show such disrespect to another person.

Edited by Kohsamida

you say don't know what its like to be without a passport?

when i was some years ago in china and put in a detention jail

passport taken and not allowed to ring my embassy/and released without a apologizes after aweek

but that was there country  laws 

but i believe this troll kohsamida has gone on to far

10 minutes ago, opalred said:

you say don't know what its like to be without a passport?

when i was some years ago in china and put in a detention jail

passport taken and not allowed to ring my embassy/and released without a apologizes after aweek

but that was there country  laws 

but i believe this troll kohsamida has gone on to far

OK, I give up.  I have absolutely no idea why you're attacking me or what this post even means, but okey dokey.  Have it your way.

Edited by Kohsamida

16 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

Re: Final trip to Promenada for Visa Conversion to Non-O

The instructions I was given by Imm was simply to contact Imm in person on July 3rd regarding my application of stay.  They told me any time of day was fine but suggested the morning.

I'm wondering if someone who has been through this step recently can tell me what the procedure is.  Do you just take a number and wait to be called?  Will my passport be stamped as I wait or will I be required to leave my passport and come back later?  If later, is it typically same day or not.  

Thanks

IMG_0547.thumb.JPG.ebaf27dc5a02dfcb415bb4e388629934.JPG 

In theory it should be dropped off in the morning and collected in the pm or at worst the next day.

The Chinese granny has been advised that she can pick up her endorsed passport today, no idea what went wrong, just one of those weird anomalies that happen occasionally.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thailand said:

In theory it should be dropped off in the morning and collected in the pm or at worst the next day.

The Chinese granny has been advised that she can pick up her endorsed passport today, no idea what went wrong, just one of those weird anomalies that happen occasionally.

Glad to hear it worked out OK for her, and glad that it seems not to be a systemic issue at Imm.  Thanks for the info.

On 6/25/2018 at 11:39 AM, Kohsamida said:

Glad to hear it worked out OK for her, and glad that it seems not to be a systemic issue at Imm.  Thanks for the info.

And she did pick up her passport, much to her relief.

She is already preparing her documents for an extension of stay based on retirement in 2 months time.

She will not be utilizing the services of an agent as she feels that after the visa conversion experience she thinks the next step will be similar and subsequently easier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

And she did pick up her passport, much to her relief.

She is already preparing her documents for an extension of stay based on retirement in 2 months time.

She will not be utilizing the services of an agent as she feels that after the visa conversion experience she thinks the next step will be similar and subsequently easier.

For the 1-year retirement extension, my understanding is that the the application process is exactly the same as the visa conversion application except that you are submitting a Form TM7 instead of the TM86, and that the bank funds are aged at least 3 months.  So, assuming you've saved copies of all documents submitted for the Non-O, the only new document needed is the TM7, and bank letter / bank book update.

As for timing of the application, my understanding is that you can submit the application up to 45 days before expiration of the Non-O visa, but not less than 30 days before expiration.

Does that sound right?

BTW, I like your footer quote about Churchill ?

Edited by Kohsamida

Could some kind soul point me in the direction of where I can download the current TM7 form in either Word or PDF format? The form I have been using for many years was rejected last year for being out of date. I've looked at the forms download section of Thai Visa and the form there is from 2006. When I try to find one in google the sites either time out or I am redirected to a bogus site selling villas on Koh Samui or some other stupid scam.

Thanks in advance!

42 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Could some kind soul point me in the direction of where I can download the current TM7 form in either Word or PDF format? The form I have been using for many years was rejected last year for being out of date. I've looked at the forms download section of Thai Visa and the form there is from 2006. When I try to find one in google the sites either time out or I am redirected to a bogus site selling villas on Koh Samui or some other stupid scam.

Thanks in advance!

These are from the Thai Immigration Bureau website in Bangkok so I assume they are up to date. Doc:  http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/download/tm7.doc
PDF:  http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/download/form_tm7.pdf

Edited by Kohsamida
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

As for timing of the application, my understanding is that you can submit the application up to 45 days before expiration of the Non-O visa, but not less than 30 days before expiration.

Does that sound right?

One can at CM Immigration (it's not the same in all provinces) obtain the annual extension based on retirement 45 days before the expiration date but there is no "minimum" time limit (one could do it the very last day although that would be foolish in the event that no queue number was available for that day).  

2 hours ago, CMBob said:

One can at CM Immigration (it's not the same in all provinces) obtain the annual extension based on retirement 45 days before the expiration date but there is no "minimum" time limit (one could do it the very last day although that would be foolish in the event that no queue number was available for that day).  

With the Non-O you must do it at least 21 days before visa expiration in Chiang Mai since the processing is done in Bangkok.  Are you sure that isn't the case with the annual extension as well?  I'm almost certain I read it was recommended to do it at least 30 days before but I can't find the source for that in my notes.

Edited by Kohsamida

Nope. I've never done the annual extension more than about 10 days before expiration.

In fact, one time I mistakenly thought there was a 7 day grace period like on the 90 day reports so I did it two days after expiration.  It cost me a couple thousand but got it done. 

• Thanks 1

With the one year extension of a non-O due to retirement, you can wait until the day of expiration to apply if you're feeling lucky, but in Chiang Mai you can apply up to 45 calendar days ahead of expiration without "losing days", because the new extension is dated one year from the date of expiration of the previous extension.

In many provinces you have to wait until 30 days before expiration before you can apply.

And, as amexpat pointed out, it's never a good idea to apply AFTER expiration of your previous extension.  In most cases, you can buy your way out of a few days of boo-boo without leaving the country, but anything longer will probably be a problem.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

With the Non-O you must do it at least 21 days before visa expiration in Chiang Mai since the processing is done in Bangkok.  Are you sure that isn't the case with the annual extension as well?  I'm almost certain I read it was recommended to do it at least 30 days before but I can't find the source for that in my notes.

Yes, I'm sure......the time limit to apply for an annual extension based on retirement at CM Immigration (which is what you posted and guessed about) is anywhere from 45 days to 1 day prior to expiration of one's 90-day Non O or one's last annual extension  [and there is some very anecdotal evidence....which nobody should rely on....that it's actually possible to extend at least a few days after expiration in some Immigration offices as mentioned by Nancy above (but whether CM Immigration might actually do that is unknown to me)].  Respectfully, there'd be less confusion about Immigration procedures if people would stop posting guesses about things or even information that isn't based on actual experience. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CMBob said:

Yes, I'm sure......the time limit to apply for an annual extension based on retirement at CM Immigration (which is what you posted and guessed about) is anywhere from 45 days to 1 day prior to expiration of one's 90-day Non O or one's last annual extension  [and there is some very anecdotal evidence....which nobody should rely on....that it's actually possible to extend at least a few days after expiration in some Immigration offices as mentioned by Nancy above (but whether CM Immigration might actually do that is unknown to me)].  Respectfully, there'd be less confusion about Immigration procedures if people would stop posting guesses about things or even information that isn't based on actual experience. 

Are you sure that your are sure? There must be at least a little doubt.

Just for the record (and it probably is a record), at 3.45pm yesterday there were no customers at immigration except a French guy asking a question.  It was like something out of a dream....  90 day report completed in less time than it took to walk from the car park.

44 minutes ago, Greenside said:

Just for the record (and it probably is a record), at 3.45pm yesterday there were no customers at immigration except a French guy asking a question.  It was like something out of a dream....  90 day report completed in less time than it took to walk from the car park.

Yes, but if you'd applied for a retirement extension, they probably would have told you that the queue was full for the day.

7 hours ago, CMBob said:

...Yes, I'm sure......... Respectfully, there'd be less confusion about Immigration procedures if people would stop posting guesses about things or even information that isn't based on actual experience. 

Thanks for affirming this.  Just to be clear, this was not my “guess”; it was my understanding based on notes from google searches and posts from other  members on this forum.  

As you inferred, a lot of mis-information shows up on TVF in the form of “guesses” or outdated information.  Thus, if I question something, it’s not intended to be an personal affront, or to waste people’s time.  My only goal is to make sure of the facts and this not only serves me but others as well when they go searching for definitive answers.  

Anyway, thanks.  Appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Edited by Kohsamida

On 6/25/2018 at 11:19 AM, Thailand said:

So, more drama with Promenada!  It seems I'm getting the "Chinese Granny" treatment now.  I dropped off my passport as I was instructed to do on the 3rd in the morning, and they said I'd get a call by the end of the day or next day to pick it up. 

Of course, I got no phone call...surprise, surprise!  I had to call them and when I finally got someone who speaks English, all I got was a bunch of meaningless gibberish in broken English that made no sense but possibly alluded to my passport being mailed to Bangkok?????  "...You wait we for your passport it mail is Immigration..."

What the hell!!!  I know this is Thailand and I'm a Farang but this is absurd for them to take my passport from me without a firm date when it will be returned...and what happens if it gets lost in the mail?  And why would they have me come in after a 3 week wait and with only two days to go before my Tourist visa expiration if they were going to mail my passport to Bangkok (and not even inform me of that).  This is just such a screwed up system they have at Promenada!

I can't do any banking now, I have a trip by air this weekend that's now probably in jeopardy, and as of tomorrow when my Tourist visa expires I will be overstaying my visa and probably subject to penalties for that.  I'm pissed!

Edited by Kohsamida

23 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

I can't do any banking now.

A tip: if/when you get your passport back take a copy of the main page and staple into the back of your bank book. No need to cart passport around and next time your visa is due you can carry on banking until your little heart's content.

• Like 1