Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

5 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Hmm, what ya gonna do if one day all of the devices stop working, what's your fallback plan, for many I suspect it will be continuing to stare at blank screens, hoping and imagining whilst feeling happless and lost! 

When that happens (could happen) some will just sit in silence because they have lost the ability to converse and discuss, etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

When that happens (could happen) some will just sit in silence because they have lost the ability to converse and discuss, etc.

Converse, discuss, calculate and do, there's a hoard of potential zombies out there who won't be able to function at even the most basic level and that hoard is getting bigger by the day.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

Just curious; if you do your reporting online do you get an immediate confirmation (proof that it has been recorded by Imm) via email or SMS, or is it mailed to you by Thai Post.  If mailed, how long before you get it?

Yes you do (on the online system you used which you can print) & you can then track it with the same system. I submitted my last 90 day Report online at a little past 5pm & when I tracked it the next day at 11.15am it was already approved & ready to print out & staple to my passport. It also shows the latest due date for the next report. Excellent system in my experience.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

Just curious; if you do your reporting online do you get an immediate confirmation (proof that it has been recorded by Imm) via email or SMS, or is it mailed to you by Thai Post.  If mailed, how long before you get it?

Over the many years I have been doing it by mail (online doesnt work for my clunky old computer) its been between 4 working days and when public holidays are involved max 7-10 days. I send EMS so can track it and have proof of it being sent and reply paid envelope carries a 3 baht stamp.

My closest post office is just 5 mins away. Driving to Promenada and facing the queue system about 40 mins.

Plan to upgrade computer and will switch to online.

Of course when the Imm moves back to the Airport there will be no mall to  pass the time away Unless you wish to trek back to Airport Plaza.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

If you do your 90 day reporting Online

Make sure you have actually been to Immigration first after being overseas

As many have said  in the past it may not work Online

That is if you can get the Online to work

Some have not had success

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

...Of course when the Imm moves back to the Airport...

I wonder if anyone has an update on when Imm will move to the airport location?  I heard it was supposed to be this month but haven't heard any specific details.  Anyone care to comment on how this may change some of the problems that have been discussed at Promenada...better, worse, no change?

52 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

I wonder if anyone has an update on when Imm will move to the airport location?  I heard it was supposed to be this month but haven't heard any specific details.  Anyone care to comment on how this may change some of the problems that have been discussed at Promenada...better, worse, no change?

It was posted a while ago in another post

Another couple of months time

We will just have to wait till we hear more about the move back

What problems have been discussed at Prominada?

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 minutes ago, balo said:

This must be the longest immigration thread on Thaivisa.  You sure have lot to discuss up there.   :biggrin:

Because CM Imm have the longest queues (according to those who choose to stand in them!) and those people who stand in them have nothing better to do than come on here and bitch about it rather than use an agent and enjoy their life.

This bit of the forum is also an (apparently) unpaid advert for some out of town Mall that some people seem to love.

I believe there will be ample parking at Promenada, maybe immigration will set up a shuttle service.

Part of your agent's package. Park at Promenada and proceed with your agent to his reserved spot at the new Immigration. Thus, one less irritant covered by hiring an agent, as I doubt IO will have a shuttle service.

1 hour ago, balo said:

This must be the longest immigration thread on Thaivisa.  You sure have lot to discuss up there.   :biggrin:

We have the Last Samurai....who has vowed to pierce his heart with his smartphone before giving up

his post !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Thailand said:

I believe there will be ample parking at Promenada,

I am sure there will be lots of space left at Prom car park(s) after the Imm Dept leave but certain posters, who like to "rile people up", will still go to Prom every day to keep at least one slot filled in the car park/Dukes/Cinema etc.  So all should be well and no change there.  Maybe less pointless posts!

From what I can see, as I drive past the new "Zoo" site, there appears to be even less parking space at it than there was at the old one.

I await with baited breath (I am joking!) for a certain group to now extoll the virtues of  the "Airport Plaza Parking/Shopping Mall area etc" with their Posts to tell why we should delight them with our new custom and business! (Is there a Dukes in there?)

I think my lovely old agent will enjoy keeping up our ongoing mutual appreciation society subscriptions.

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, rumak said:

We have the Last Samurai.

He has had more come backs than Lazarus!

But all is well he appears to be departing back/to Jomtien so the CM forum may be left alone at last.

Edited by scottiejohn

On 7/7/2018 at 12:26 PM, Thailand said:

I believe there will be ample parking at Promenada, maybe immigration will set up a shuttle service.

When I was at building 3 reporting TM30 a couple of weeks ago it looked like there was a reasonable amount of parking in the complex itself and signs indicating additional parking in two separate locations directly across the road.

Edited by Thailand

29 minutes ago, Saraphee said:

So - will this mean that parking on site for staff and the many elderly 'clients' must risk their lives crossing the busy 4 lane highway

I believe there are positions open for Lollipop men,uniforms and Lollipop sticks provided.

Must have your own whistle. 1507626.GIF

13 hours ago, Saraphee said:

So - will this mean that parking on site for staff and the many elderly 'clients' must risk their lives crossing the busy 4 lane highway

No the do not have to cross a 4 lane highway.  They just have their drivers drop them off inside the Immigration compound.

When did that road become a highway?

3 hours ago, Dante99 said:

No the do not have to cross a 4 lane highway.  They just have their drivers drop them off inside the Immigration compound.

When did that road become a highway? 

It's what it looks like when you try to cross it at peak times

2 minutes ago, ProbPossConf said:

When asked a visa agent when to expect going back to old "airport" location, the response was probably three months to perhaps not sure.  No parking and place is too crowded with the 90-day reporting by the Thai yaai, Burmese, Cambodians, etc.

Yes up to 3 months was reported quite a while ago

Nothing new has changed

22 hours ago, elektrified said:

They may add parking with the new construction - who knows? Even before, they had parking at the adjacent lot and at the petrol station too.

The petrol station is on a winner.He can obviously up the parking fee in line with demand.The adjoining lot to Imm was an option but they closed the gate permanently well before Imm departed. Opening that again, which appears to be still vacant, could help.Could well be financially viable to charge a fee.

3 hours ago, Sparkles said:

The petrol station is on a winner.He can obviously up the parking fee in line with demand.The adjoining lot to Imm was an option but they closed the gate permanently well before Imm departed. Opening that again, which appears to be still vacant, could help.Could well be financially viable to charge a fee.

The large lot in front of the museum just across the street used to be open and free with tons of vacant parking. Now it's closed. I would hope they could work something out. If not, we'll just have to buck up. 

Question regarding condo lease expiration and 1 Year Extension (retirement):  My condo lease will expire just around the time that my 90 Day Non-O Visa does.  I plan to move to a new condo but haven't selected one yet.  As you know, getting a new condo lease doesn't take much time here in Chiang Mai, but many owners don't like doing it too far in advance of the move-in date.

So, my question is:  If I apply for the 1 year extension, say a few weeks before my current lease expires but have not yet secured another lease to follow it yet, will I have issues getting my 1 year extension approved?

Also, will a lease that is less than one year long cause an issue with getting the extension?

Edited by Kohsamida

This is another question I have, kind of related to the previous one.  My lease expires in Chiang Mai on August 15.  My 90 Day Non-O expires on Sep 30.  I was thinking of putting my things in storage in Chiang Mai for the period Aug 15 - Oct 30, and living in Jomtien where I would be leasing a friend's condo, and then returning to Chiang Mai to stay, beginning November 1st.

If I were to do this, would I have any problem applying for my 1 Year extension in Jomtien?.  I asked this before and Ubon Joe said it shouldn't be a problem to get an extension in one province with the intent of moving to another province at a later time, but my question now is whether the short term lease in Jomtien might cause an issue with getting the extension approved there?

Anybody with informed thoughts on this?  Would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks in advance

Edited by Kohsamida