Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

3 hours ago, NancyL said:

Also, if you miss the window of opportunity for mailing or filing online, you really have no choice but to go in person.  Some people just aren't well enough organized.

Is it a different "window of opportunity" if you miss going in person.  It is still the same organizational skills required.

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

Is it a different "window of opportunity" if you miss going in person.  It is still the same organizational skills required.

Some people can't "count backwards" 10 to 15 days from the due date on their 90 day report slip in their passport.

• Sad 1

some people just like having a day out @Prom.  

Lunch at Dukes or Ragu, taking in a film in a deserted cinema, getting your nails done by four gals because you're the only customer in the shop, looking at electronics in your own private electronics store, having the Bangkok Bank people greet you by name even though you visit only once a quarter. Hey, it's a change of pace from the other malls. 

Are you being paid to promote Prom and your favourite  restaurant? 

The only reason anyone apart from you goes to Prom is because Imm is there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Some people can't "count backwards" 10 to 15 days from the due date on their 90 day report slip in their passport.

You still have to be able to count up to 90, or whatever number is required, no matter which system you use, Agent, person, online or Mail.  

PS; maybe they can add 75 or 80 or whatever to their last date!

2 minutes ago, NancyL said:

I just like to rile people up. 

I thought that was against forum rules. 

It certainly does not add anything of any substance to a so called information forum if it is your intention to just rile people up. 

If that is your intention how will others, obviously not me, know when and how to take you seriously, not of course that I ever do.

Lots of testiness today .........maybe the moon is in uranus

(would make a rhyme......but don't have time)

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, elektrified said:

...at least half of the applicants were 23-28 y/o kids wearing black t-shirts for some kind of 'combat school'??? ...  What is that all about? Some education visa scam for DN's or something? Appeared to be very easy money for Immigration as they were handled quickly - about 5 minutes each. Not one question was asked of them. ...

They are from Jongjet Pungsai's "Hand to Hand Combat School" here in Chiang Mai.  It is not a visa scam, though most of the Farang students enroll to get a valid 1 year ED visa because the classes are only a couple of hours a day on weekends, and there is no testing requirements required by Immigration, and as you saw, the school plays a big role in helping the students through the visa application and reporting procedures at Imm.

It's not limited to young kids.  There are no age restrictions so many people that can't yet qualify for a retirement visa, or don't want the hassles of a ED visa granting language school elect this option.  They have many students in their 40's and 50's.

It is the only martial arts school in Thailand (except for a  Muay Thai school in Bangkok) that is accredited for educational visas by the Thai Ministry of Education. 

Jongjet Pungsai is a high ranking Royal Thai Army Military Police officer so I assume that plays a role in his getting the accreditation .  They teach a self defense course, actually it is Israeli Krav Maga, which is a very effective street fighting system, and the school is pretty good at teaching it.  In other words, it's legit.

Edited by Kohsamida

6 hours ago, elektrified said:

I went in to get my extension this week. As usual, took about 2 hours from start to finish, 45 minutes of that time was waiting to get my passport back. Went in the afternoon again.

6 hours ago, elektrified said:

I guess I don't understand the point of "visa agents". All you are doing is submitting a form or two and photocopies of supporting documents.

People who are fearful or lack confidence will ignore your afternoon experience of 2 hours start to finish and go right back to the horror story posts of getting there at 3 a.m. (some of them even for a 90 day report).

In high season one might want to hire a 300 baht line sitter but what more does a 5000 baht agent do that an applicant can't?

Answer :  make certain imm officers happy.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, amexpat said:

I'm flying to the UK from BKK at 1am on Tuesday, I'll be in Phuket for the weekend and then have no choice but to fly from there to CNX for a couple of hours before catching my BK flight. I have two choices for the CNX/BKK flight, a 90 minute wait or a 5.5 hour wait.

As stated few posts ago, all went well for me this year... Except the 2nd floor...

That darn TM30 form which i never never used in 10 years in Thailand before coming to Chiang Mai...

I go there to make it, she checks the system and says "you do not report, i have no data from you since 2017".

I go out of the country every 3 months and I know for a fact my condo reports every times we come back.

Explain to her but no: "no record, check with your condo"..

Went back home, checked with them, report is been done properly every 3 months, gave me copy..

Back to 2nd floor the next day, explained again to her, she made a "fake explanation call" to the condo and gave me that TM30...

Headache... Not an single extra paper given compared to previous day but yesterday was no, the next day was yes.....

17 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Cant imagine why many people would want a day out at Prom ,we've been through this before.

Anything that reduces crowding at Imm, to me, is a positive.

Yes many people miss windows, obviously cant read or dont  have a calendar.Bangkok Bank provide mine?for free !

Just a thought for people who have to do a lot of calendar planning of events and deadlines ... Sometimes it can be difficult to figure out precise dates on a calendar like, for instance, trying to figure out the date that will be 45 days before your visa expiration, or how many business days (m-f only) are left for a critical path task entry, without literally using your finger to count the boxes on a calendar.

It's pretty easy though by simply using your smart phone voice command (i.e.: Seri) and asking for the date.  It works perfectly and saves a lot of time, especially if you are doing a lot of multi-month planning of events. Just a thought for those who might not have considered this.

Edited by Kohsamida

15 minutes ago, jonesthepost said:

It does not take rocket science to work out 45 days before the date of visa runs out. Just a simple calculation  which most primary school children can do. 

If you are doing dozens of events at a time, it's time consuming and much more likely to error, especially if the parameters are "business days only" or occurrences of a specific day of week for a date range, etc.  Much easier and less chance of error using your smart phone.  No need to count boxes on a calendar, just ask the question and get an answer. 

Really no need to play "devil's advocate" with this suggestion.

Edited by Kohsamida

55 minutes ago, jonesthepost said:

It does not take rocket science to work out 45 days before the date of visa runs out. Just a simple calculation  which most primary school children can do. 

Those born before the age of the smartphone or indeed before the age of the calculator may well have difficulties with such things, I feel fortunate to be older in that respect.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Those born before the age of the smartphone or indeed before the age of the calculator may well have difficulties with such things, I feel fortunate to be older in that respect.

That's why I posted the suggestion; to point out that it is a pretty easy thing to simply ask Seri, "What will the date be..."  Easy, Fast, Efficient.  You're never too old to push a button, ask a question, and get an answer.

There are lots of situation where it would be pretty tedious counting out days or weeks on a calendar especially if they are far into the future.  A smartphone will give you the answer in a split second. 

Edited by Kohsamida

5 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

That's why I posted the suggestion; to point out that it is a pretty easy thing to simply ask Seri, "What will the date be..."  Easy, Fast, Efficient.  You're never too old to push a button, ask a question, and get an answer.

Hmm, what ya gonna do if one day all of the devices stop working, what's your fallback plan, for many I suspect it will be continuing to stare at blank screens, hoping and imagining whilst feeling happless and lost! 

22 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Hmm, what ya gonna do if one day all of the devices stop working, what's your fallback plan, for many I suspect it will be continuing to stare at blank screens, hoping and imagining whilst feeling happless and lost! 

My fallback plan?  I'd do it in my head obviously.  Until that happens though, I'll save time and be more accurate doing it the easy way. 

My suggestion was aimed at people who have to do a LOT of date planning where it often involves dates way into the future or with specific constraints. 

I am simply offering a suggestion that many would agree is helpful and positive.  There's no reason to be obtuse in your reply.

Edited by Kohsamida
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

No need to be obtuse, no need to play devil's advocate, my but you're a sensitive lad! :shock1:

Just sayin, some people reply with nothing helpful or positive, and seem only intent on eliciting an emotional response with their negative and obviously inflammatory comments.  I guess they get a perverse pleasure from that, or maybe the only way they can feel good about themselves is to tear other people down. 

I'm sure it's well received by some of the trolls on this thread and will result in a few "likes" and "ha ha's" from them, but it's at the expense of everyone else who is simply here to share useful and pertinent information. 

Edited by Kohsamida

19 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

Just sayin, some people reply with nothing helpful or positive, and seem only intent on eliciting an emotional response with their negative and obviously inflammatory comments.  I guess they get a perverse pleasure from that, or maybe the only way they can feel good about themselves is to tear other people down. 

I'm sure it's well received by some of the trolls on this thread and will result in a few "likes" and "ha ha's" from them, but it's at the expense of everyone else who is simply here to share useful and pertinent information. 

And as a matter of fact I see you already got a few from a couple of the usual suspects I'm talking about, so congratulations on improving your comment count.

Lighten up dude and stop being so sensitive, jeeze, it's not the way you think it is!

You're pushing a technology solution, I'm playing devil's advocate with you on the use of technology versus the ability to think without it, there are many who can't do that today. Playing devil's advocate is not trolling nor tearing people down, it's causing them to think, being intelligently provocative to stimulate thought, if you haven't learned that much thus far your education in life has parts missing. So now you've turned the whole thing into an over sensitive downer it's not fun or stimulating any longer, I'm 

.....OUT.

15 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Lighten up dude and stop being so sensitive, jeeze, it's not the way you think it is!

You're pushing a technology solution, I'm playing devil's advocate with you on the use of technology versus the ability to think without it, there are many who can't do that today. Playing devil's advocate is not trolling nor tearing people down, it's causing them to think, being intelligently provocative to stimulate thought, if you haven't learned that much thus far your education in life has parts missing. So now you've turned the whole thing into an over sensitive downer it's not fun or stimulating any longer, I'm 

.....OUT.

Sorry, my comment was misdirected at you in last post; it was intended for another member who was obviously trying to mess with me as I described.  So, my apologies about the "comment count" remark; I retracted it .

I agree that playing devil's advocate can be a good thing that stimulates debate and greater understanding for all, but NOT when it's only intent is to incite an emotional response and nothing more.

I know this is off-topic for this thread but in light of honest debate, I disagree with you about "technology solutions".  I am not pushing a technology solution.  Smartphones are no longer cutting edge technology.  They are as much a part of our culture and everyday living as electricity, televisions sets, and landline telephones, and that is as true for a senior citizen as it is for a young kid.  So what's wrong with embracing the positive aspects of it? 

Not intending to be confrontational; just asking what's wrong with that?

Edited by Kohsamida

The due day of your next 90 day report is printed on your receipt.You count back 15 days and record it on your calendar or whatever system you choose

You can then decide to report online,by mail or spend part of the day at Promenada.     I know.... its incredibly complicated.

Edited by Sparkles
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

The due day of your next 90 day report is printed on your receipt.You count back 15 days and record it on your calendar or whatever system you choose

You can then decide to report online,by mail or spend part of the day at Promenada.     I know.... its incredibly complicated.

Just curious; if you do your reporting online do you get an immediate confirmation (proof that it has been recorded by Imm) via email or SMS, or is it mailed to you by Thai Post.  If mailed, how long before you get it?

FYI, in the FAQ about 90-day reporting, it states that you need to have a copy of the previous paper that showed when you reported in and when you are next due. 

I went and did mine a few days ago and didn't have the paper. They didn't even ask about it. 

2 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

Just curious; if you do your reporting online do you get an immediate confirmation (proof that it has been recorded by Imm) via email or SMS, or is it mailed to you by Thai Post.  If mailed, how long before you get it?

I did an on-line 90 Day Report last week.

From memory it was about 1 day after submission/ acceptance by their system that I got an email advising me to log in to the immigration site and print off my 90 Day letter to keep in my passport.

• Thanks 1