SURVEY: Do you believe terrorists should receive the death penalty?

Scott

Should terrorists receive the death penalty  

266 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes, if we killed all the muslim extremists the world would be alot safer.

Has to be more of a deterrent than death as they seek martyrdom. I suggest burying them with a pigs head might be work.

Edited by jacky54

Islamic Terrorism is a plague on the whole planet. The death penalty for every single one of them.

Spoken like a true red neck. Why should there be a death penalty for one murderer and not another. Is the life of say a policeman or child of more value than that of say a middle aged woman? If your country is barbaric enough to have the death penalty then it should be applied to all those that intentionally take life.

Define terrorist.

It's a slippery slope when you put convenient labels on people.

If it is someone who knowingly kills innocent civilians, how about the drone controller sitting in an air con office miles away who deliberately fires a missile at an apartment block supposedly targeting a "terrorist", but who knows he will kill dozens of innocent families in the process. Or his superiors who gave him the order, or his government's politicians who approved the policy.

There is a big difference between indiscrimate killing of multiple people and targeted attack on an individual in my view, premeditated or not.

In my opinion, what needs to be redefined is human rights, or rather when a human loses those rights through actions they have willingly commited. Through that definition, then look again at the death penalty.

Define terrorist.
If it is someone who knowingly kills innocent civilians, how about the drone controller sitting in an air con office miles away who deliberately fires a missile at an apartment block supposedly targeting a "terrorist", but who knows he will kill dozens of innocent families in the process. Or his superiors who gave him the order, or his government's politicians who approved the policy.

An almost excellent deflection.

The ones being targeted in the building are TERRORISTS. They are hiding behind human shields.

I note that the latest country to enter the ME mayhem seems to have even less concern for the civilians.

I am not a fan of the death penalty, but if it is going to be used at all, these people are probably as deserving as any.

Define terrorist.

The ones being targeted in the building are TERRORISTS. They are hiding behind human shields.

I note that the latest country to enter the ME mayhem seems to have even less concern for the civilians.

I am not a fan of the death penalty, but if it is going to be used at all, these people are probably as deserving as any.

Not a deflection at all. I am demonstating how difficult it is to define terrorist.

So, is the drone controller who knowingly kills innocent "human shields" just as bad as the so called terrorist.

Is he a terrorist too?

Edited by dexterm

Define terrorist.

Not a deflection at all. I am demonstating how difficult it is to define terrorist.

So, is the drone controller who knowingly kills innocent "human shields" just as bad as the so called terrorist.

Is he a terrorist too?

No he is not. Not unless he acts unilaterally in targeting a place with only civilians. The person controlling the drones are under the supervision of a number of agencies and intelligence personnel.

Continuing to deflect.

If/when the real terrorists get a hold of drones do you think they will target military targets? Or do you think they will do what they have historically done, like hit trains full of civilians, discos, coffee houses etc.?

You might want to take a look at this thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/883406-inquiry-uk-soldiers-who-fought-in-iraq-may-face-prosecution/#entry10264060

Military and intelligence personnel are held accountable, to a greater or lesser extent. Terrorists are held accountable to no one.

Edited by Credo

Yes, I would vote for the death penalty for terrorists, but only if they are caught in the act, or the authorities

are absolutely sure that the terrorists are really terrorists.

The same would apply to any murderer who commits 1st degree murder.

Murder is murder, whether under the guise of terrorism or not. Provided there is undoubted proof of guilt, all pre-meditated murderers should be executed.

Hopefully this will include Irish terrorist.

Yes, I agree, a terrorist is a terrorist, no matter what he may call him or herself.

Edited by possum1931

Islamic Terrorism is a plague on the whole planet. The death penalty for every single one of them.

Spoken like a true red neck. Why should there be a death penalty for one murderer and not another. Is the life of say a policeman or child of more value than that of say a middle aged woman? If your country is barbaric enough to have the death penalty then it should be applied to all those that intentionally take life.

There's nothing barbaric about capital punishment for premeditated murder. A life for a life seems incredibly fair to me. The choice is there.

Define terrorist.

"Terrorism is the deliberate use of violence aimed against civilians in order to achieve political ends."

A drone operator is a member of the armed forces in the exercise of their official duties and they are targeting combatants, not civilians. What a foolish example.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Define terrorist.

Is he a terrorist too?

No he is not. Not unless he acts unilaterally in targeting a place with only civilians. The person controlling the drones are under the supervision of a number of agencies and intelligence personnel.

Continuing to deflect.

If/when the real terrorists get a hold of drones do you think they will target military targets? Or do you think they will do what they have historically done, like hit trains full of civilians, discos, coffee houses etc.?

You might want to take a look at this thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/883406-inquiry-uk-soldiers-who-fought-in-iraq-may-face-prosecution/#entry10264060

Military and intelligence personnel are held accountable, to a greater or lesser extent. Terrorists are held accountable to no one.

I think it is you who is deflecting. You are saying we are always the good guys. Therefore we are the only ones allowed to put labels on people. Any innocent children torn to pieces by a missile fired by a drone controller under the "unilateral" command of a"number of agencies and intelligence personnel" are "collateral damage".
I am sure the loved ones of the innocent "collateral damage" have no doubt in their minds who the terrorists are.
No-one has yet defined "terrorist". Just pointing out what a thorny issue it becomes when one tries to take the high moral ground.
Edited by dexterm

Define terrorist.

Is he a terrorist too?

dexterm....NO!! look at it this way.....How many lives will be saved by his actions?

It's sad I know, that innocent people are caught up in this....

Do you want your children to be slaughtered by some crazy idiot with an IQ of around zilch?...definitely not. If nothing is done thats what could transpire.

Terrorist Death is very different from premeditated murder.

Premeditated murder is focused on on person and there is usually strong emotion involved with both parties good or bad

A terrorist act is focused on society and is random This type of act is aimed at everyone and is a cancer in our society

It must be dealt with in a harsh way every time. Premeditated murder should be viewed on a case by case bases

Murder is murder, whether under the guise of terrorism or not. Provided there is undoubted proof of guilt, all pre-meditated murderers should be executed.

Hopefully this will include Irish terrorist.

And why not? Whoever you are, I think you are having a dig at me.

A terrorist is a terrorist irrespective of where he hails from. Execute them all and show no mercy. Feed their bodies to the crocs or similar!

Terrorist Death is very different from premeditated murder.

Premeditated murder is focused on on person and there is usually strong emotion involved with both parties good or bad

A terrorist act is focused on society and is random This type of act is aimed at everyone and is a cancer in our society

It must be dealt with in a harsh way every time. Premeditated murder should be viewed on a case by case bases

Murder in any form, terrorist or premeditated deprives someone of their life. The murderer should face a similar fate. What right has that person to have a future - often released currently in a matter of a few years?