Protein powders

Hal65

1 Serving -- 200 ml

110 Calories

1.5g Fat

15g Protein

6g Sugar

160mg Sodium

so, a 7.3:1 ratio of calories to protein. Not as bad as some protein bars I've seen. A fair bit of sugar, but it would serve as an 'okey' drink if you've been working out and dehydrating and sweating and want to replenish quickly.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 Serving -- 200 ml

110 Calories

1.5g Fat

15g Protein

6g Sugar

160mg Sodium

so, a 7.3:1 ratio of calories to protein. Not as bad as some protein bars I've seen. A fair bit of sugar, but it would serve as an 'okey' drink if you've been working out and dehydrating and sweating and want to replenish quickly

Thanks!

So it's 25 grams of protein per bottle? (350 ml)

The bottle contains exactly 370 grams of fluid.

They're using under 1% milk fat.

Edited by tropo

• 1 year later...

Hello, can I have an easy reply ? I am not a champion, just want to replace some of the shiitte that I eat with some protein shakes (and yes I also go to gym daily), which brand is cheap and good enough, and where can I buy it ?

It should be 80% protein at least ?

Thanks for your help.

On 1/6/2016 at 10:02 PM, marmaduke said:

10 lbs is 3799 Baht at Fitwhey...all the big store prices are ridiculous......look up older posts people have listed

access to plain no flavor protein for even less per pound than Fitwhey.

Can you help me to choose a cheap one ? Thanks.

On 1/14/2016 at 6:24 PM, Hal65 said:

Thanks all, I ended up going with this one at 460 THB per kilo. http://www.clubproteinonline.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_27&product_id=55

It's soy protein. In doing some reading, the type of protein is negligible below the competitive level, and even there it is a debatable.

It seems to be the cheapest available anywhere ?

On 1/15/2016 at 10:33 PM, Hal65 said:

I'm trying to keep this civil and at the same time bring light to the other side:

High protein diets on their own increase muscle mass. (Working out helps even more obviously) For many of us it's hard to perfectly plan every meal in between all the girls of Pattaya. And protein powders are pretty cheap for what you get. Fish and steak ain't cheap in Thailand.

Put all these together and powder makes for a great supplement, in addition to whole foods acting as the primary source of protein.

You are clearly right. I wonder why anybody can say anything else but the obvious truth.

Edited by bberrythailand

The gym you go to may be able to sell you some Protein Powder.  Just find a flavor you like, and buy a big bag to get the best price.  Some good places to buy protein online:

bpmuslce.com

moxy.co.th

I've not shopped anywhere else.  But you can often get it at a nearby supplement shop.  (Don't know where you are so can't suggest).