What one area restaurant would you eat at often if it was close to you?

Jingthing

post-37101-0-64915400-1452092661_thumb.j

Here's another twist on a Pattaya RESTAURANT themed thread.

Tonight I ate at one of my favorite restaurants in town but I hadn't been there in a very long time. Why? Because it's inconvenient for me to get to, that's all. I thought, wow, if I lived near here I'd eat here two or three times a week. Oh well. I don't.

Thus this thread was INSPIRED.

To play, name ONE greater Pattaya area restaurant that you would eat at OFTEN if it was near where you live.

Here are the rough guidelines:

Name only ONE restaurant. Say the name and location (as specific or general as you want) and very optional a link to some information about it, such as on tripadvisor.

Do not write a review.

Do not respond to these mentions. The PURPOSE is to generate a LIST. That's all. NOT a discussion.

Presumably most of these places will be either lower or moderate cost. Because the concept here is about places that would eat at OFTEN. But if you're rich and you think you would eat at a super expensive restaurant OFTEN if it was near you, by all means, NAME it.

This is open to residents or tourists.

If you are a person that rarely eats at restaurants, well, this thread really ISN'T for you, is it? You don't eat at any restaurant OFTEN so the question would be IRRELEVANT.

There are no BAD mentions here. Perhaps there are BAD restaurants (there are many) but that's not the idea here ... to judge ... the idea is to LIST.

Where is MY mention? Funny, you ask. I'll list it as soon as TEN others list theirs. Which may be never.

Edited by Jingthing

Taverne on Naklua road app 400 m from the dolphin roundabout on the left, a German restaurant.

Eat my breakfast there 3-4 times a week, 155 baht for German cold cuts, dark bread + rolls and 2 soft boiled eggs, tea or coffee, orange juice (well I will call it lemonade and often don't drink it, ha-ha).

They always have today's specials for lunch/dinner and that is quite good as well.

Not too far from my house also in north Pattaya.

I am not German by the way but close.

The CONCEPT here is to list ONE PLACE that you love that is NOT close to where you live.

So you don't go as often as you'd like, but you'd like to, but it's too far to go often.

To list a place that you ALREADY go because you like it and it is CLOSE TO YOU is completely OFF TOPIC to this thread.

If this thread fails, fine.

But please follow the CONCEPT in the OP, and if you can't, please do not post on this thread.

Some background on why I think this information could be valuable IF people do participate following the CONCEPT here.

I think it's human nature to sometimes discount the value of restaurants that are VERY CONVENIENT to us.

It's common to begin to take them for granted.

When I am thinking about WHERE to eat, I tend to consider places very convenient to me usually as places to if traffic is really heavy or weather really bad or feeling tired ... usually NOT the first choice, because I take them for granted because I can go there anytime in minutes.

Well, the potential VALUE here is that people might say,

I would love to eat at FLUBJABBERS SUDANESE PANCAKE HOUSE in Naklua (a fictional place for EXAMPLE only) often but it's too far to go often because I live in Jomtien.

So the people who do live nearer to Naklua might think, I didn't even know about FLUBJABBERS or perhaps I know it, but take it for granted. How LUCKY I am to live near to FLUBJABBERS. I can go everyday if I want!

Yes, I realize attempts at STRUCTURED CONCEPT THREADS usually fail (like herding CATS) ... and based on the first reply, I'm guessing this is yet another dud. Well, I tried anyway.

Edited by Jingthing

Sailor Bar soi 8 for the food, good portion size...

Can't be bothered to find places to park and walk through all the beer bars to get there sometime

Being a bar too, they probably wouldn't work if they're on 3rd road or somewhere in Naklua, but I wish just their kitchen could make a nice restaurant somewhere a bit more sedated

If it's still open, Tequila Reef Cantina just off Beach Road Pattaya, possibly about Soi 6? Tex-Mex food that I thought was authentic and very good. I think it's been in biz for a long time?

Cheers.

unfortunately it is stillmopend and the food is the worst try air mexican food i have ever encountered, god awful

So what is the restaurant that you ate ate and would do so 2-3 times a week if you lived nearby?

Surly, if it is this that inspired the thread the point would be to name it?

Please read the OP.

I am counting all the responses here that meet the ROUGH GUIDELINES clearly stated in the OP. If that number EVER reaches 10, then I will post that. I am not being mysterious .... the intent is to try to ENCOURAGE others to post here within the guidelines of the THEME of this thread.

I think if there are at least 10 of them, then that's a pretty good start.

So far, there have been 6 that meet the rough concept.

To add, members are NOT ENCOURAGED to comment in response to the listed restaurants. We do that on many other threads. This thread has a very specific and very narrow CONCEPT.

JUST THE LIST.

Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes the Glass House is pretty good and very very nice beach where some of the tables are. Not many hotels around so it's pretty empty on weekdays.

In the greater Pattaya/Jomtien area I don't really have any place that limits my/our visits, since we ride the scooter everyday and take the truck if going to the Glass House or further South for sea food.

Comments are not encouraged.

Please JUST LIST according to the guidelines in the OP.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/884383-what-one-area-restaurant-would-you-eat-at-often-if-it-was-close-to-you/?p=10278545

This is a THEMED / STRUCTURED thread.

Not a restaurant review thread.

We have many of those already running, and always running.

This concept here is very specific and very limited.

Edited by Jingthing

Shanghai Chinese Restaurant

3rd Road, west side, not far down from North Pattaya Road

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d4166920-Reviews-Shanghai-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shanghai-Restaurant-3Rd-Road-Pattaya/270011699847938

SUGGESTED TEMPLATE FOR ALL POSTS HERE:

Name of restaurant _____________

Location of restaurant ___________

Link(s) to info about restaurant OPTIONAL

Edited by Jingthing

When i lived in JBC Condo in Jomtien for several years ,my fav dining place was Emily restaurant Soi 7 Jomtien .I was back a few months ago and its still going strong .Its a small intimate place ,

Jae Tum Rim Talay.

Thepasit soi 17 Pattaya.

T 085-777-7728 ,038-756-495, 038756709