Police consider prosecuting Koh Tao victim's sister over Thailand criticism

webfact

Just do it go and sue the girl....like putting out the fire with gasoline

And watch the world unite in destroying Thailand's Tourist industry and flagging reputation.

The most staggering thing is that foreign powers are voting with their chequebooks in that figures released the other day show foreign investment down something like a whopping 80 % since the coup. Now they want to destroy the tourist industry with more stupidity, where will it all end, not very well I suspect.The junta does not care.

A poster above asked another poster above if he was aware that the RTP are not the junta, well I stand to be corrected but I believe the military, the police, the courts, the universities are all under the control and orders of the junta and therefore, yes the RTP are the junta.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just do it go and sue the girl....like putting out the fire with gasoline

And watch the world unite in destroying Thailand's Tourist industry and flagging reputation.

The most staggering thing is that foreign powers are voting with their chequebooks in that figures released the other day show foreign investment down something like a whopping 80 % since the coup. Now they want to destroy the tourist industry with more stupidity, where will it all end, not very well I suspect.The junta does not care.

A poster above asked another poster above if he was aware that the RTP are not the junta, well I stand to be corrected but I believe the military, the police, the courts, the universities are all under the control and orders of the junta and therefore, yes the RTP are the junta.

I suppose that Prayut told the judge to deliver the guilty verdict!!

She also wrote she had been threatened, chased, and offered bribes by Thais.

So she writes - now show us the proof of your accusations as you will need it if they do decide to press charges.

I assume that she must have proof of the 'chasing' element that she writes about, unless they sent someone to the UK to run after her!!

I'm afraid, that as far as I'm concerned she is telling porkies. Unless someone has been ringing her with threats or offers of money (which seems very unlikely) then any correspondence between the Thai authorities and her must have been carried out by 'words on paper' or electronically. Both of which she should be able to produce as evidence to fight her case should she be unluckily enough for them to follow through on their actions to sue her!!

Has Andy been in touch to act on her behalf, I wonder - probably not I would guess, as he has a few issues of his own to fight against!! For his sake, I hope that he employs a more capable defence team in his battles than those that botched the KT case so catastrophically.

What are you on about?

How would she provide "evidence" for all she said?

Pictures from her dashboard- camera to prove the chase?

You really think, someone in Thailand gave her an official "bribe note"?

What has Andy Hall to do with this?

He is defense lawyer- she is basically on the opposite side!

You have been very happy with a death sentence, based on nothing but hearsay, but now you want evidence?

I could tell you what I think of you, but I like my posting rights!

bah.gif

11 might be on something not onto something....clap2.gif

Regarding the alleged comments made to her by Thai officials, I don't find them credible. Why did she not report them while she was in Thailand?

I can help there Stander, she held her words back because she did not want to join her sister in heaven so soon. In the Uk, speaking the truth is not a criminal offense as it is here in Thailand, thought you may have known that.

It's just sad that majority of comments are negative with good reason it's about time they really started working on their public face and take note of comments made instead of knee jerk reactions

They won't. And please, enough with the 'face' comments. The idiocy that is 'face' is bound by other Asian nations, primarily Japan', and is to do with their perceived notion of 'honour', which does not exist here.

So she writes - now show us the proof of your accusations as you will need it if they do decide to press charges.

I assume that she must have proof of the 'chasing' element that she writes about, unless they sent someone to the UK to run after her!!

I'm afraid, that as far as I'm concerned she is telling porkies. Unless someone has been ringing her with threats or offers of money (which seems very unlikely) then any correspondence between the Thai authorities and her must have been carried out by 'words on paper' or electronically. Both of which she should be able to produce as evidence to fight her case should she be unluckily enough for them to follow through on their actions to sue her!!

Has Andy been in touch to act on her behalf, I wonder - probably not I would guess, as he has a few issues of his own to fight against!! For his sake, I hope that he employs a more capable defence team in his battles than those that botched the KT case so catastrophically.

What are you on about?

You have been very happy with a death sentence, based on nothing but hearsay, but now you want evidence?

bah.gif

Why do you believe her?

Oh let me help you out here: because the whole case of the double murder and rape on Koh Tao was handled amateurishly (to say it very VERY carefully) by the RTP, from beginning to end!

I could point out all the flaws, the mishaps, the mistakes, the fumbles, the farces of this case again, like it has been done so many times, over and over!

Things that you and your ilk ignore, ridicule, try to twist and turn over and over, again and again!

I am not even saying that I believe her, 100%!

Do I think, that what she says is likely and probable?

H377 yeah!

Again: you are cheering a death sentence on "evidence" that doesn't even exist, except for the mind of some policeman and some judge!

I have been here a few years: do I believe, RTP want to silence people, for their (RTP's) own advantage?

Yupp!

Do I believe, that Thai- officialdom is deaf and blind to the feelings of farang?

You bet, I do!

Do I believe, that Thais, having lost face, are willing to go an extra mile to intimidate someone?

Absolutely!

And now: crawl back under your bridge and enjoy a quiet weekend!

Maybe you might even find your soul, somewhere down there!

A thai judge told my friend in an accident summary that he was not at fault with , If you were not in Thailand the accident would not of Happened.

So was there not a curfew in place that all Bars had to be shut at twelve ???

I see that in Chiang Mai (thaksin territory) it is enforced.

So are not the Thai Ploice and Jaunta guilty of letting these bars stay open till all hours of the morning and just the recent death of the young man on Koh Tao a few days ago , when the bars were doing trade at early hours of the morning.

people obviously out of there faces able to be supplied with drugs and cocktails until they pass out, never drug tested by police, you might say what policeman would be brave enough to do this.

Does not our society/police, drug test people and refuse to serve them if thet look out of it, the person serving can be prosecuted as well as the bar.

Are the Thai police taking bribes to let them stay open so that Mon and all the other Mafia can sell there dope and cocktails, or do they have special exemption, I know bar owners that happily are paying police to stay open as most of us do.

So if this is the case these deaths would not have occured as they would not have been in the bars late at night, so then why arn't the Police resposible for enforcing this restriction sacked or prosecuted.

I think that if the police were doing there jobs these deaths would never have occured and some Police heads need to roll.

Thais never understand that by trying to save face they lose more face to the outside world who don't give a monkey's about their silly rules and etiquette. The problem is that they take themselves so seriously when everyone else just looks on rolling their eyes. How long can the world keep humouring these childish morons ?

No her original post did not contain any expletives unless of course you consider the words 'shove it' expletives. Nice try though!

The two Bumese guy's lives are in grave danger, this whole thing is getting out of complete control.

I fear they will be silenced once and for all....very soon.

I don't think this is going to go away either way and will just gain more publicity if the B2 are helped off a 3rd story balcony.

This young lady deserves answers, truthful and believable ones.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't her FB post contain a lot of expletives. If I am right then the words used certainly do not put her in the category of being a lady, young maybe but not the former, however if I am wrong, then I stand corrrected.

Thank you for your response and no, they are not expletives. It would appear that I confused her FB page with that of another female. I did not directly accuse her, just merely asked that if her statement contained numerous expletives and if I was right, then she would not fit the category described. I also indicated that if I was wrong, then I would stand corrected, that is, admit that I erred, which I do. There was nothing sinister intended in what I wrote, so not a nice try, just an error on my behalf.

What are you on about?

bah.gif

Why do you believe her?

Oh let me help you out here: because the whole case of the double murder and rape on Koh Tao was handled amateurishly (to say it very VERY carefully) by the RTP, from beginning to end!

I could point out all the flaws, the mishaps, the mistakes, the fumbles, the farces of this case again, like it has been done so many times, over and over!

Things that you and your ilk ignore, ridicule, try to twist and turn over and over, again and again!

H377 yeah!

Again: you are cheering a death sentence on "evidence" that doesn't even exist, except for the mind of some policeman and some judge!

I have been here a few years: do I believe, RTP want to silence people, for their (RTP's) own advantage?

Yupp!

Do I believe, that Thai- officialdom is deaf and blind to the feelings of farang?

You bet, I do!

Do I believe, that Thais, having lost face, are willing to go an extra mile to intimidate someone?

Absolutely!

I'm a bit unnerved by your insistence that I live under a bridge!!

What % don't you believe and what aspect? How close to 100% is H377 yeah! never heard of that approximation before.

Contrary to the comments posted here, 'Libel Tourism' has been rampant in the London courts for years, due to the burden of proof being on the plaintiff. The Defamation Act 2013 goes some way to address this & makes it more difficult for those living outside the UK to pursue claims but the RTP are perfectly able to take 'the sister' to court for libel.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/oct/15/libel-tourism-high-court-karpov-subotic-foreign-sue

Edited by GanDoonToonPet

What are you on about?

bah.gif

Why do you believe her?

H377 yeah!

Yupp!

You bet, I do!

Absolutely!

Nicely summed up !!

Personally, I am enjoying watching these buffoons continuing to put their feet in their ignorant mouths.

It sure sells newspapers and focuses a glaring light on them. And Thailand’s justice system.

Keep it up boys. thumbsup.gif

And in some perverse way, I'm kinda happy a couple of the moldy Trolls have crawled out from under their rocks.

This causes the thread to continue and all the more traction and exposure for the story.

Oh, and by the way;

“it’s not the junta’s doing”?

Prayuth personally appointed his buddy Somyot as police commissioner:

“Pol.Gen. Somyot also maintained a "close relationship" with Gen. Preecha Chan-ocha, commander of 3 Region Army and the brother of the NCPO's chairman, the source claimed.”

“The selection committee was composed of a number of high-ranking officials and chaired by the leader of the junta's National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha.”

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1408519376&section=11

405,000 search results:

post-206952-0-03985400-1452850094_thumb.

Edited by iReason

I'm a bit unnerved by your insistence that I live under a bridge!!

What % don't you believe and what aspect? How close to 100% is H377 yeah! never heard of that approximation before.

Then maybe you should move out and join the rest of Homo Sapiens!
I believe 99,9%- the rest is just the margin of error!

A thai judge told my friend in an accident summary that he was not at fault with , If you were not in Thailand the accident would not of Happened.

So are not the Thai Ploice and Jaunta guilty of letting these bars stay open till all hours of the morning and just the recent death of the young man on Koh Tao a few days ago , when the bars were doing trade at early hours of the morning.

people obviously out of there faces able to be supplied with drugs and cocktails until they pass out, never drug tested by police, you might say what policeman would be brave enough to do this.

Does not our society/police, drug test people and refuse to serve them if thet look out of it, the person serving can be prosecuted as well as the bar.

Are the Thai police taking bribes to let them stay open so that Mon and all the other Mafia can sell there dope and cocktails, or do they have special exemption, I know bar owners that happily are paying police to stay open as most of us do.

So if this is the case these deaths would not have occured as they would not have been in the bars late at night, so then why arn't the Police resposible for enforcing this restriction sacked or prosecuted.

I think that if the police were doing there jobs these deaths would never have occured and some Police heads need to roll.

You're around 90 years old. Aren't you.

I presume Laura is in the UK and has no intention of setting foot in Thailand. If so, she is beyond Thai jurisdiction. What would be the practical effect of any investigation?

To prove that they all graduated from the Monty Python School of Idiots.

monty python is highly witty and intelligent despite the name "school of idiots" comparing MP to thailand is rather a disservice to MP.

You're around 90 years old. Aren't you.

Its a more than puzzling post, I agree, but I fail to see how it is an indication of his age!!

I did have to check that I was on the right thread though.

Contrary to the comments posted here, 'Libel Tourism' has been rampant in the London courts for years, due to the burden of proof being on the plaintiff. The Defamation Act 2013 goes some way to address this & makes it more difficult for those living outside the UK to pursue claims but the RTP are perfectly able to take 'the sister' to court for libel.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/oct/15/libel-tourism-high-court-karpov-subotic-foreign-sue

However the Thai Police were not saying they wanted to take her to court for libel, they were saying they wanted to prosecute her.

They most certainly are not able to prosecute her. Firstly that is the job of the CPS, and in the UK defamation is a civil offence and

not a criminal offence. They probably aren't aware that in most civilized countries speaking your mind without threats of violence is

not a criminal offence. Another big difference is the truth is irrelevant in Thai defamation law, in the UK it is not libel if what was written

was true. She also states "What if I told you this happened?. This is a question and not a statement so again no libel here.