Taxi driver punches Patong hotel staff for calling a Tuk tuk instead

webfact

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had really hoped the Army would have straightened out these guys, and they did, for a month or two, now it's even worse then it has ever been with taxi drivers taking over more of what they consider "their turf" and defending said turf with violence, thuggery and glares.

'Straightened out' how? all that happened was that a few 'taxi stands' disappeared for a few weeks and prices, sanctioned by the local OBJs, rose? But, that never was the issue, was it. 'Show'. This entire silly cuntry's all for SHOW. And sale, cum to that.

Looks like there are going to be many factors affecting the potential revenue of the taxi/tuk tuk drivers. They are clearly becoming stressed out and showing it.

This is going to continue to become a more common occurrence. Is the happiness in LOS is slowly coming apart or is this a one off occurrence? Stay tuned for scenes from the next episode...5555

Take his taxi license away for life.

Charge him with assault.

Oh right.

a 500 baht fine, license suspension for a week, and a public apology for harming Thailand's image.

coffee1.gif

This is the one thing that the US legal system helps with. He (and probably his company) would end up being sued and paying 25% of his salary to the victim for the rest of his life if this happened in the US. (He'd probably disappear, but at least he wouldn't be driving taxis any more. And the taxi companies would be wary about keeping people like this around because they would end up with the bills.) I hate the frivolous lawsuits there, but the threat of a lawsuit usually puts the damper on this kind of thing. For a Thai guy, taking his cash would be the best deterrent.

I had really hoped the Army would have straightened out these guys, and they did, for a month or two, now it's even worse then it has ever been with taxi drivers taking over more of what they consider "their turf" and defending said turf with violence, thuggery and glares.

Why people go to Phuket is beyond me. I'd love to see a video of one of these thugs sucker punching someone with martial art training, and then watch the thug being taken to the wood shed. Pond scum!

Take his taxi license away for life.

Charge him with assault.

Oh right.

a 500 baht fine, license suspension for a week, and a public apology for harming Thailand's image.

coffee1.gif

This is the one thing that the US legal system helps with. He (and probably his company) would end up being sued and paying 25% of his salary to the victim for the rest of his life if this happened in the US. (He'd probably disappear, but at least he wouldn't be driving taxis any more. And the taxi companies would be wary about keeping people like this around because they would end up with the bills.) I hate the frivolous lawsuits there, but the threat of a lawsuit usually puts the damper on this kind of thing. For a Thai guy, taking his cash would be the best deterrent.

If you haven't figured it out yet, TIT. This ain't the US. The US is at the other end of the spectrum, i.e., way too litigious. On this end of the spectrum, way too lenient. I'm sure there is a happy medium somewhere, but it's neither in the United States or here in the Land of Smiles. lmao biggrin.png

Edited by connda

That's what happens when you have the mafia running the taxis.

That's what happens when you pay lip service to cleaning up corruption.

Yup, just another short term solution to a long term problem. Nothing new here, just move along please. Thuggery (along with corruption) is alive and well sad.png

Are customers not permitted to choose a tuk-tuk over a taxi if they so wish?

I dislike the taxis one finds sitting in front of hotels anyhow, as you pay a premium and have to cover their 'waiting time', and likely some payment they make for being permitted to wait there. Thailand, you never pay just one person.

I think the best thing to do with this driver is promote him to drug delivery only.

That's what happens when you have the mafia running the taxis.

Or running the state

Have no sympathy for anyone in job called " human resources". My company in the UK went to pot when they changed the name from the Personnel department to this ridiculous name.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, companies are now changing the human resources name to "Talent Management" . I'm serious - Google it.

i read here all the time about the mafia being dangerous and you should keep your head down when trouble starts..look at the video, he fights like a girl, most of you could have flattened the old git haha

Yes, probably, but, you then have to worry about the other ten Thais that would jump in to help.

Never seen a Thai pack attack? It's not a pretty sight. They don't stop if you go down.

This happens so often on Phuket, hardly a day passes without a fight or quarrel,in the streets. One tuc driver in Kata attacked a foreigner who unfortunately tried to park on a road " belonging" to tuc tuc drivers. He was savagely beaten in front of his family in broad daylight. After having a few incidents myself, twice drunk taxi drivers, and one aggressive one who practically threw me out of the tuc tuc because he didn't want to go into the Patong traffic, I decided to leave. Ignorant thugs, that's what I call them, and the police and authorities do nothing.

i read here all the time about the mafia being dangerous and you should keep your head down when trouble starts..look at the video, he fights like a girl, most of you could have flattened the old git haha

Yes, probably, but, you then have to worry about the other ten Thais that would jump in to help.

Never seen a Thai pack attack? It's not a pretty sight. They don't stop if you go down.

Yes we do see a few other guys joining in after the first minute. Are they hotel staff helping? other taxi drivers from outside the hotel? or random passing Thai "men" who see a fight and feel like putting the boot in because it makes them feel manly?