Man threatens to jump from True Transmitter Tower in South Pattaya

rooster59

Man threatens to jump from True Transmitter Tower in South Pattaya

radio-5.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: The Pattaya Police Chief, Police Colonel Sukthat, responded to a possible attempted suicide call on Saturday afternoon in South Pattaya, and was told a man had climbed a Transmitter Tower and was threatening to jump-off.

The Police Chief arrived and saw Khun Jirapan aged 25, 40 meters up the Tower, owned by the True Corporation and located behind the Bird Inn Hotel in Soi Bongkot. Residents indicated the man had first climbed the tower at 4am but on-lookers assumed he would climb down and did not initially call the Police until he was seen there later in the morning.

It took an hour of negotiations before the man climbed down the Tower to safety. His Girlfriend arrived and described how the night before she packed her bags and informed him that their relationship was over and left their home while he was out.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220801/man-threatens-to-jump-from-true-transmitter-tower-in-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-01-17

I know they put out loads of adverts and repeats ,but jumping off the tower is a bit over the top .

blink.png Maybe he was dam tired of the product. When I was young you could hold the rabbit ears on the TV just right and.....Was he waving his arms about?clap2.gif

where art thee thy romeo ...... coffee1.gif

Wow, someone who doesn't know Shakespeare.

I don't know where you live but I am in Thailand and

would be mightily surprised if any of the Thai students

I've ever had could quote Shakespeare, even incorrectly wink.png

wow, right now its like a wave of depressed people killing themselves. jumpers, hangings.

sorry. RIP. good thing this one came down.

and be careful farang men, thailand can be like giant toilet that is being flushed.

you go around slowly at first, but then faster and faster until it is too late.

Edited by NCC1701A

I heard that he was complaining about a continuous ear bashing from Graham Norton and Doctor Who on True Visions so called BBC entertainment channel.Can't True Vision have a bit more vision and get some decent British programs on, or there will be more people tempted to end it all.coffee1.gif

Never stop a traveller while he's on his way! Hope our little attention seeker will have to pay hard cash for wasting other people's valuable time and for causing such a stir.

He probably just needed a sympathetic ear but had no one to talk to, i've been in situations like that but never tried a suicide stunt, it all depends on your psychological make up. I don't think punishing him will help. This is completely unlike me, i must be getting my years empathy in one go.