buying a used SUV Isuzu MuX vehicle

wood

Just re read this topic and thought I would provide an update after 2 years ownership.. .

Apart from a slight scratch last year at a petrol station ( thanks JAS21 for your kind help with recommending a Isuzu repair shop),

the MUX has taken us all over Thailand North and south without missing a beat - it's been brilliant.

A joy to drive, my wife loves it !

A few members berated the vehicle and suggested its bad, poor, slow, uncomfortable and so on...

We're looking to buy a new one in the new year.

Service costs are very low, nothing goes wrong, gearbox is brilliant and without any issues unlike some of the vehicles that were suggested as being "better"

No major recalls or widespread problems with the MUX.

I wonder how all the other 4x4s are getting on ?

Screenshot_20170125-124433.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wood said:

Just re read this topic and thought I would provide an update after 2 years ownership.. .

Apart from a slight scratch last year at a petrol station ( thanks JAS21 for your kind help with recommending a Isuzu repair shop),

the MUX has taken us all over Thailand North and south without missing a beat - it's been brilliant.

A few members berated the vehicle and suggested its bad, poor, slow, uncomfortable and so on...

Service costs are very low, nothing goes wrong, gearbox is brilliant and without any issues unlike some of the vehicles that were suggested as being "better"

Very nice and I am also considering it , The 3,0 Diesel though a litle noisy is bulletproof .

Asides from some cosmetics it is the same as the Chevy Trailblazer,  Chevy has a special on the LTZ for 1,289,00

image.png.333eef25caa161538227456ca95874b7.png

1 hour ago, wood said:

Paint still on then ... that's a plus ????  ... just washed and looking good

As you are looking to replace don't forget that the Motor Show is on, starting end of this month, at Impact Challenger.

Our EVT+ is running well, only 29K Kms  and just the two problems ... crankshaft sensor and rear oil seal ... both supplier QA problems. And am still on the original battery. 3-year service on Monday.

I can't justify replacing especially as I opted for the extra two years warranty .... and this not too good GBP-THB exchange rate!

I bought one a few months ago and have driven to the south and back. So far, I am very happy with the choice I made. the Isuzu drives well, is smooth and the 3.0l version I have seems to have enough power when needed.

I still think the Toyota Fortuner (TRD Sport Version) looks better, but with the upgraded wheels I bought I am pleased with the overall look of my Isuzu. Plus being around 1,00,000-200,000 Baht cheaper than the equivalent spec Fortuner, I think so far, that I made the right choice.

As previously started the deal on the Chevrolet Trailblazer is definitely worth checking out. 

• Like 1