Thai pot holes

Gandtee

I wonder when the same thing will apply to Thailand. Going up the road from my house is like trying to cross the Gobi Desert.

"Almost £80,000 has been paid out by Lincolnshire County Council to people claiming compensation for damage caused by potholes and verge ruts".coffee1.gif

That's why I got rid of the Jazz (which I loved) and bought a pickup. It was only a question of time before I either tore out the suspension or the exhaust system on the Jazz.

Edited by giddyup

Some months ago, a woman drove her truck into an unmarked, gigantic hole in a local road here in Phuket. The hole had been there for some time and the authorities had just never gotten around to put up some signs or barriers.

The woman's child died and she wound up seriously injured in hospital. The local district chief expressed his regrets, but said that compensation was out of the question since the administration just didn't have a lot of money. End of case!

Now, what was your question again, OP?

Some months ago, a woman drove her truck into an unmarked, gigantic hole in a local road here in Phuket. The hole had been there for some time and the authorities had just never gotten around to put up some signs or barriers.

The woman's child died and she wound up seriously injured in hospital. The local district chief expressed his regrets, but said that compensation was out of the question since the administration just didn't have a lot of money. End of case!

Not correct. Authorities had marked the hole, but the markings were removed by somebody.

IMO authorities were negligent here, but the story is not as you describe.

Not correct. Authorities had marked the hole, but the markings were removed by somebody.

IMO authorities were negligent here, but the story is not as you describe.

Correct, the signs had been removed and local people had already reports this, prior to the accident. That hardly changes the moral of the story, vis-a-vis the OP's question.

After watching this, even if my potholes are much worse, I'm glad to be away from the 'jobs worth' and claims at every opportunity situation. It would seem that this council has more chiefs than Indians. Much the same as most councils the world over I suspect.coffee1.gif