Red wristband plan for migrants dropped in UK

webfact

Red wristband plan for migrants dropped in UK

- Red wristbands for food plan scrapped
- Critics said it was dehumanising
- Red doors plan in Middlesborough dropped

606x340_322277.jpg?1453735853

LONDON: -- A company in South Wales in the UK plans to stop asking asylum seekers to wear a red wristband as a condition for getting food.

The coloured bands were given to people staying at Lynx House in Cardiff.

They are entitled to three meals a day.

Labour MP for Cardiff Central Jo Stevens says the system was dehumanising and made people targets for abuse.

“We are talking about asylum seekers who are fleeing persecution and war in their home countries.”

“They don’t want to be visible, that is the whole point. They’re trying to blend in to the community and there are plenty of other methods of having people show identification in order to gain access to Lynx House and in order to get their three meals a day, which is all they get.”

Middlesbrough

The news comes days after asylum seekers in the northern town of Middlesborough said they were being singled out by having their doors painted red.

“We are seeing a pattern. I am very concerned. The Home Office is contracting out to private companies management of various functions.

“We had the incidents in Middlesbrough last week where properties housing asylum seekers had had their doors painted a certain colour and people were suffering abuse.”

What are asylum seekers entitled to in the UK?

People wishing to seek asylum in the UK benefit from a clearly-defined set of rights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cHs0Kxb46M&feature=youtu.be

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-01-26

The migrants should be tagged by police so there whereabouts can be traced, no need for these to be visible to the public though.

Why stop with migrants --(of which I have been one in 3 different countries----and went to 2 of them with absolutely no money) why not just tag everyone, so the police can know where everyone is------I am sure after reading some of your posts your be in full agreement with that..........coffee1.gif....Oh & let them carry guns also.

Edited by oxo1947

I wouldnt even let the ungrateful b----s in in the first place ,just go back to the cesspits you came from and starve ,

Says someone who may well be a migrant himself !!!...

There are way too many people forgetting their humanity when issues such as this crop up. This is a huge issue and people are forgetting we are not dealing with animals.

Of course, there are some immigrants who fail to follow the rules of the country which accommodates them - I have no issues with kicking out those who fail to follow the rules or who are not prepared to work etc

But some simply want a life of relative safety, are prepared to work and work hard. It is such a shame that there are some people in the world who would be so inhumane as to prevent someone else from achieving a simple goal such as safety for their family.

"We had the incidents in Middlesbrough last week where properties housing asylum seekers had had their doors painted a certain colour and people were suffering abuse.” Perfect BS These were council houses (intended for English people) and all concil houses have their doors painted the same colour. I'm getting a bit sick of this cr- ap.

Another neither here nor there story to make as many people as possible feel sorry for the migrants who cost the honest British taxpayer a fortune and bring us the lovely presents of a medieval culture, sexual violence against women and underage girls, sharia law, "honour" killings, genital mutilation, corruption by the bucket load and terrorist killings.

Watch the media skirt around the real issues.

Edited by Briggsy

"We had the incidents in Middlesbrough last week where properties housing asylum seekers had had their doors painted a certain colour and people were suffering abuse.” Perfect BS These were council houses (intended for English people) and all concil houses have their doors painted the same colour. I'm getting a bit sick of this cr- ap.

I don't think that is true.

They are not council houses. The houses are owned by a private company and leased to the council for housing asylum seekers. The company painted all the doors red, which (inadvertently) helps the local yobs to identify their targets.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/20/doors-painted-red-to-show-theyve-got-asylum-seekers-inside-5633244/

I don't remember the Nazis giving out free stuff to the Jews.

This is an absurd PC comparison.

Where is that comparison made?

Apologies, if you didn't read other reports of this story:

The Welsh Refugee Council (WRC) said the wristbands were reminiscent of the yellow Star of David the Jewish people were forced to wear by the Nazis.

WRC policy officer Hannah Wharf said: "We have raised the matter many times with the Welsh Government. It harks back to the Nazi regime with people being forced to wear a Star of David and stand out. It's absolutely appalling, it is treating people like lesser beings. It is treating them like animals lining up to feed."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/cardiff-asylum-seekers-red-wristband-scheme-dropped-following-nazi-regime-comparison-1539861