Repairing a computer screen

Aforek

Hello,

after 7 years, my Asus mat screen needs to have it's condensers to be changed

do you know a shop in Hua hin ? my usual shop in Cha am, which can repair many things, told me it's too complicate to do ( may be they don't have

the good condensers ) and that's its better to buy a new one, but this screen I like it because it's mat and now every screens are brilliants

any ideas ? if I need to buy a new one, what is you suggestions ? ( not Acer, after 2 - 3 years the condensers are kaput ) thanks

sorry, the only Tech repair places i have seen in HH are for simple cell phone repair. and that was iffy.

it is really hard to solder components on a PC surface mount circuit board.

Are the condensers on their own small board? you could order the entire board.

and have your cha am "repair" place plug it in.

you would have to disassemble the computer yourself. many videos on youtube on how to do.

or if you don't carry your computer around, use a external flat screen monitor.

sorry not much help.

Edited by NCC1701A

I have found a computer shop in Cha am which says he can replace the condensers; ready on monday ( I said that if it's more than 1500 bahts I would buy a new one )

I know I can do it myself ( seen videos on the Internet ) but 1 I don't know if they have the good condensers here and 2 there is a risk to receive a very strong electric choc , so I prefer

not to do myself ; a new monitor is 3000 bahts, no so expensive

the first repairer ( who was not a computer shop and now refuses to do it a second time, saying it's too difficult ) could repair my Acer ( I have two monitors ) but colors are not as beautiful as before but it's ok as a second screen to read texts and the Internet

Edited by Aforek

I just come from the computer shop in Cha am ( name IT CARE COMPUTER ), near soi 1 Naratip ( opposite to a bicycle shop ) , for 700 bahts

colors are normal, ie wonderful ( Asus is good brand not only for laptop ) ; no need to go to Bangkok

i did see last night a computer place on the street that runs between soi 88 and soi 94.

this would be the sol that soi 88 becomes when it turns to the left going west.

across the street from G market.

small place. Thai man spoke some English. friendly. selling new and used computers.

lots of used components on display. memory cards, dvd drives, hard drives, caddies, power supplies.

some new but a lot looked used. maybe a resource for finding cheap replacement parts.

also cheap used laptops, 5500 to 6500 baht.

i did not ask about repair, but they where building new computers while i was there. so maybe.

i did see last night a computer place on the street that runs between soi 88 and soi 94.

this would be the sol that soi 88 becomes when it turns to the left going west.

across the street from G market.

small place. Thai man spoke some English. friendly. selling new and used computers.

lots of used components on display. memory cards, dvd drives, hard drives, caddies, power supplies.

some new but a lot looked used. maybe a resource for finding cheap replacement parts.

also cheap used laptops, 5500 to 6500 baht.

i did not ask about repair, but they where building new computers while i was there. so maybe.

Looks like to be the same sort of shop than mine , looks small and messy but they have a lot of materials; I am sure they can repair monitors; two months ago ( in Cha am ) I needed an audio cable 10 meters, no one had except them ( the girl found it , looking in the mess 2 minutes but she found it biggrin.png )

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't spend any baht on a 7 year old monitor. Best to buy a new one.

It's you choice; in 7 years, with the 5000 bahts I have saved this year ( two monitors ), I"buy a super monitor biggrin.png