Anti-semitic French comedian Dieudonné forced to leave Thailand

webfact

Anti-Semitic French Comedian Dieudonné Forced to Leave Thailand

PHUKET – French comedian Dieudonne who had been due to perform in Phuket, Thailand, has his show called off when the Israeli ambassador in Bangkok discovered it was due to take place.

The show was due to take place at Phuket island’s well-known Illuzion club on Wednesday. When Ambassador Simon Roded found out about the performance, he approached the club’s owners, who didn’t respond.

Not giving up, Ambassador Roded wrote to Phuket’s governor, copying in Thailand’s prime minister and foreign minister.
The Ambassador requested that the governor try to prevent the show from taking place, and included details about Dieudonné and his previous anti-Semitic statements.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/anti-semitic-french-comedian-dieudonne-forced-to-leave-thailand.html

crt.png
-- Chiang Rai Times 2016-02-01

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah nobody wants to hear anti Semitic drivel.

But why is it that some countries, make it a point to want people to respect their customs/culture and religious beliefs.

Yet couldn't care less and have no interest in other peoples customs/culture and religious beliefs, even going as far as giving foreigners racist tags, and religious bigotry for their own people.

Seems whats good for the goose isn't good for the gander.

Racial and religious tagging and discrimination is against the law in my country.

Edited by FourAces

Interesting case. Thailand does give a s%$* about antisemitism. There must been pressure from very very very high to kick him out. Think about all the Hakenkreuz shirts and tatooes around the country. I have meet a Thai guy around 21 year of age who had many Hitler based tattoos on his body and was very proud of it. I spared my time to explained him that his would probably get in trouble if he trouble with this in Europe.

Thais who wear Nazi stuff usually do it for FASHION. Ignorant but it's not the same thing. The education system on such matters here is pretty much non-existent.

Over the years the Israeli embassy has raised other issues such as the infamous Nazi school parade in Chiang Mai, the Hitler billboard for the Pattaya wax museum, etc.

It's not a big deal for the Thai government to respond to such incidents. It's a bigger deal to include this stuff in the schools.

Edited by Jingthing

Interesting case. Thailand does give a s%$* about antisemitism. There must been pressure from very very very high to kick him out. Think about all the Hakenkreuz shirts and tatooes around the country. I have meet a Thai guy around 21 year of age who had many Hitler based tattoos on his body and was very proud of it. I spared my time to explained him that his would probably get in trouble if he trouble with this in Europe.

Yes, I'm a little surprised that this was taken seriously at a high level and acted on in a short space of time.

Something's changed, I'm sure we all remember the 'Hitler Fried Chicken' incident from a few years back.

Yes, I'm a little surprised that this was taken seriously at a high level and acted on in a short space of time.

Something's changed, I'm sure we all remember the 'Hitler Fried Chicken' incident from a few years back.

I don't recall that the Israeli embassy got involved in that one, but I know you're totally wrong, nothing's changed. Israel and Thailand have decent relations, simple as that.

So nothing's changed in Thailand about that.

But a place that has changed is in FRANCE.

The antisemitism there is as bad as its been since World War 2 and a significant percentage of French Jews don't feel safe living there anymore.

There are almost no Thai Jews, but France includes the third most populous Jewish population in the world, after the USA and Israel.

Interestingly a country doesn't need to have any or many Jews for there to be rampant anti-semitism (neighboring Malaysia is a classic example of that) but antisemitism in Thailand (among Thais) is not at all severe.

Edited by Jingthing

Anyway, I say good on Thailand for doing the right thing and booting out that troublemaker!

I am curious. He was planning to do the show in French, I assume?

So there are enough Francophones in Phuket who dig the Quenelle to support such a show?

Edited by Jingthing

But why is it that some countries, make it a point to want people to respect their customs/culture and religious beliefs.

Yet couldn't care less and have no interest in other peoples customs/culture and religious beliefs, even going as far as giving foreigners racist tags, and religious bigotry for their own people.

Racial and religious tagging and discrimination is against the law in my country.

The man is a holocaust denier a promoter of hatred and religious bigotry.

Good riddance.

Edited by Bluespunk

Anyway, I say good on Thailand for doing the right thing and booting out that troublemaker!

I am curious. He was planning to do the show in French, I assume?

So there are enough Francophones in Phuket who dig the Quenelle to support such a show?

I have never heard of him or the "Q" gesture, ... as a social libertarian I wonder if banning such hater types may play into their victim, persecution narative. Free speech can get complicated.

This man is the scum of the earth, and under the guise of ' entertainment ' he's peddling his ugly

and disgusting brand of hate and racism using profanities and racial slurs,

He's been jailed in France and Belgium for anti-Semite remarks and causing public resentments

to his kind of crap.......

The man is a holocaust denier a promoter of hatred and religious bigotry.

Good riddance.

He is not a holocaust denier. You are misinformed.

Video of his visit to Auschwitz:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9bhep_dieudonne-le-premier-antisemite-a-a_news

We may not agree or like, some of his political position, but he is recognized, by his peers and the public, to be one of the best humoristic artist of the past decade.

Without being fluent in French and having followed French politics, I wonder how you could make an informed opinion of him.

As much as he uses politics, politics use him as well.

Never could understand what people have against Jews, but I don't see why you can't make fun of them. Some of the best comedians have been Jewish, making fun of Jews. It seems this guy is not funny though and actually hates Jews, sad.

Never could understand what people have against Jews, but I don't see why you can't make fun of them. Some of the best comedians have been Jewish, making fun of Jews. It seems this guy is not funny though and actually hates Jews, sad.

Well, it should be clear by now that only jew comedians hold the privilege to make fun of other jews. Since Dieudonné obviously has broken this privilege, the Israelis react with outrage and dictate who should or should not perform on foreign soil.

That's the way it's been for quite a while and will continue to be in the foreseeable future.

Good.clap2.gif Happy to hear Thailand kicked out that horrible Jew hater.

Agree that there's no need to give someone like him a paid platform for disseminating hate, but wish the same rules applied in France (or any other place) to those who intentionally spread hate against Muslims for no other purpose than to incite violence and as a supposed exercise in freedom of speech.

I seem to recall a lot of posters on TV applauding the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo and the absence of any censorship.

Edited by Suradit69

Hello

Being french I am very happy this ars... has been thrown out.. I only deeply regret he is not thrown out from France... I read somebody here saying he is supposed to be one of the best french humorists.. Sorry this piece of sh.. doesn't make me laugh and I think he is far from being the best humorist or even a decent level one.. I remind he also for years had a jew as a partner.. it was Elie and Dieudonné (for Elie Semoun).. Of course they split and when they were together, yes they were humorists....

I just remind he also has in France a case for tax evasions and not only for 1000 euros but huge amounts.. etc.. I wish he would have been kept here in BGK Hilton where conditions are not as good as they are in France and would rot here in jail till he burns in hell..

If our government was good he would be in jail already and for a good quantity of years..

Regarding the jews condition in France, a lot already left due to security reasons and a lot are decided to leave ASAP.. Lately the Marseille's rabin called the jews not to wear the kippa any more as a jew teacher had been stabbed in the back and nearly killed by a 16 years old arab when going to school.. He was saved only because he managed when falling down to protect himself with his bag and holly book.. !!

Have a nice day

I've never heard of this Dieudonne guy before but I've heard of the 'streisand effect'.

He's already very famous.

He popularized the "Quenelle" in France.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quenelle_(gesture)

Dieudonne is very popular and famous in France, because he says the truth about Israeli occupation of Palestine. witch in turn is not popular with the Israelis...

The Israelis accuse everybody who has any amount of critique about them of anti Semitism.....and the main media follows the Israelis....!

Best regards.