Online shopping Thailand

Kenny202

I didn't like mine back.home at first either. If u don't have the dough the right consistency it's a sht fight. Once the dough has the correct elasticity they're perfect. I also want it for rolling consistent thickness pie pastry also. After rolling how do u cut the pasta JL? I'm assuming with a knife, a careful hand and steady eye :-)

Edited by Kenny202

My egg pasta consistency is just fine but I'm only doing it for myself and I like the rolling pin better than the pasta roller that had had stateside ... and yes I just cut it with a knife. I cook the whole batch and then just heat small amounts in the microwave before putting in in whatever sauce I have for just the one serving.

BTW just one opinion:

Okay, this is being picky, but there’s nothing quite like hand-rolled pasta. That rolling pin (as opposed to the metal rollers of a pasta machine) embeds a pebbly texture into the dough. Sauces collect in those tiny pits and crevasses achieving what Italians see as a saintly marriage of sauce to pasta.

http://www.splendidtable.org/recipes/hand-rolled-egg-pasta

Edited by JLCrab

My egg pasta consistency is just fine but I'm only doing it for myself and I like the rolling pin better than the pasta roller that had had stateside ... and yes I just cut it with a knife. I cook the whole batch and then just heat small amounts in the microwave before putting in in whatever sauce I have for just the one serving.

what's Ur recipe JL? You use normal flour or semolina and if special where do u buy it?

what's Ur recipe JL? You use normal flour or semolina and if special where do u buy it?
While strolling through the park one day
In the merry merry month of May
I was taken by surprise
By a pair of roguish eyes
I was scared but I didn't run away

I have ordered from cdiscount.com a number of times. Run by Big C and has everything under the sun. However, their checkout system can be buggy and shipping can be a hit or miss. They sometimes take a few weeks to deliver, especially orders with a wide variety of items which are probably consolidated from different warehouses. Be sure to look for occasional discount codes on their home page.

I have also ordered a couple of times from itruemart.com. They have less variety of offerings but you might want to check them out as well.

Cdiscount.co.th is a rdiculous website compared to lazada.

I wonder if they are going to close it now that they sold BigC ?

I had a look at a few of the prices on things I was after. Around 300% normal retail

Agreed the website is pretty horrendous for today's standards. And that's not even counting the buggy checkout system that sometimes loops forever without being able to complete the checkout.

I had a look at a few of the prices on things I was after. Around 300% normal retail

Am very surprised by your finding. I did notice their phones were a little more expensive than the cheapest sources at MBK. But most things seemed to be a little or a lot cheaper than elsewhere. I shop there mainly for household goods and consumables, and dog food/snacks. They have a decent selection of IT stuff too. The only reason I don't shop there more is their shipping track record and lousy website.

I do all my on-line shopping from Banggood now. Got bored being ripped off from fake stores on AliExpress and ebay... oh, and Thailand's Lazada.

https://www.banggood.com/?p=JQ26191551677201504Z

As far as Chinese websites are concerned, I find Bangood pretty reliable. I used to think Gearbest was reliable other than some cases of extremely slow shipping but I always got what I ordered. However a recent order of 2 Samsung micro SD cards were defective and most likely fake. Gearbest insisted they were real and I had to pay for shipping to return them.

I think Aliexpress is good but you have to be careful what and who you order from. Aliexpress is actually one of the safer options since they are like ebay/paypal and can provide refunds directly if there are any problems. It's just time wasted.

That's why I like Lazada too. They have a very favourable return policy and since they hold the funds the seller must follow Lazada's policy. One time I canceled a water heater before it was shipped. Lazada said no problem they will contact the seller and that if the seller still ships it I should refuse delivery. Seller shipped it the next day, I declined to accept it and Lazada refunded my money. However Lazada has a lot of 3rd party sellers from abroad and you can see loads of fakes depending on what you're looking for.