New photos required for extension of stay (marriage) at CW

Hi all,

A friend of mine went to renew his extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai wife at Chaengwattana last week, using 400k in the bank as source of funds.

Everything on the list (you can find on one of my previous posts) was needed plus some new requirements that are news to me:

1) they wanted every single page of the bank book copied, not just the page with the name and account number and the entries showing the last 3 months of transactions.

2) they wanted every past visa in the passport, not just the last one (i.e. the one on which the extension of stay is based)

3) they accepted his pictures but the next day called his wife to say "the pictures you used are the same as last year, we need new ones". I think most of us just print off copies of the same pictures but apparently now they need new pictures taken again each year (i.e. same, but different).

Whether these are new rules or just a one off, who can say, but as none of them are very cumbersome it's probably best to come prepared.

I went to Hua Hin last week for the extension. We given a new form regarding overstays and the penalties. In addition, they asked for two additional photos for this new form. Had to drive back home (75 km) and will be returning tomorrow morning to try again. I also had to copy additional pages of my passport that had Thailand entry stamps.

I went to Hua Hin last week for the extension. We given a new form regarding overstays and the penalties. In addition, they asked for two additional photos for this new form. Had to drive back home (75 km) and will be returning tomorrow morning to try again. I also had to copy additional pages of my passport that had Thailand entry stamps.

A marriage extension?

I have used the same pictures every year for the last 3 years only changed when I moved .

Every office is different. It is not helpful to state your experience at one office.

Yes, every office is different, every officer is different, sometimes it maybe even depends on sympathie/antipathie. If they want new photos they want them. Last week i went for three extensions to the N.Pathom IO, done in 15 minutes. They didn't care about the photos, as there is no real need for them anymore since they take pictures at the IO and they can compare them on the screen with the ones from last year.

I have used the same pictures every year for the last 3 years only changed when I moved .

Every office is different. It is not helpful to state your experience at one office.

Yes, every office is different, every officer is different, sometimes it maybe even depends on sympathie/antipathie. If they want new photos they want them. Last week i went for three extensions to the N.Pathom IO, done in 15 minutes. They didn't care about the photos, as there is no real need for them anymore since they take pictures at the IO and they can compare them on the screen with the ones from last year.

I don't think you arewriting about the same photos mentioned in the OP or my post. Not sure how immigration would be able to do the photos in and around the house at an immigration office.

• Like 1

whistling.gif Easily done at CW.

Down on the ground floor at CW, all the way to the rear, in the same shop that does copies they will take a packet of 4 photos for 100 Baht

Done and printed in less than 2 minutes.

Wrong photos. Read the OP again.

Just went today and was told the same thing. The IO got upset when I politely mentioned that there is no requirement for this listed on their website. She said if I bring the pictures tomorrow I won't have to join the queue unless i ask about the website again then I'll have to join the queue and start over again. I asked in a very calm and polite manner but I guess even that is frowned upon. Best to keep your mouth shut and jump through whatever hoops they present.

• Like 1

I have been asked for 'fresh' pictures of me and Mrs - I mistakenly had one from a previous year slipped into the mix, and am surprised they caught it. So I looked in my phone and luckily found one of us at home and went down and printed it.

More than once I have also had my personal 2 inch pic for the TM7 rejected because it was not fresh. You would think I would learn my lesson, but honestly, after living here I have gotten soft in the head and relaxed about so much of life. On the one hand, I dont get upset when things go wrong, on the other I do add to things going wrong because I am not on top of everything.

or maybe I am just getting old.

• Like 1

I don't think you arewriting about the same photos mentioned in the OP or my post. Not sure how immigration would be able to do the photos in and around the house at an immigration office.

No need for the photo's to be in and around the house, this is something that the individual Immigration office's may ask, but not at Chiang Mai Immigration. Was there today and they are happy to accept any photo taken at any location as long as it is you and your spouse.

VBR

Ron

No need for the photo's to be in and around the house, this is something that the individual Immigration office's may ask, but not at Chiang Mai Immigration. Was there today and they are happy to accept any photo taken at any location as long as it is you and your spouse.

VBR

Ron

Bangkok Div 1 IO specified 4 pictures of us both, one in front of the house showing the house number, one showing us in front of the house with a full view of the house, one in the living room, and one in front of the stairs showing the stairs going up to the second floor. She will get six pictures tomorrow. Whatever it takes....

• Like 1

3) they accepted his pictures but the next day called his wife to say "the pictures you used are the same as last year, we need new ones". I think most of us just print off copies of the same pictures but apparently now they need new pictures taken again each year (i.e. same, but different).

When I went to redo my marriage extension at Sri Ratcha last year, I was told photos were not required, that Immigration would come and do them at the house.

I baled out and did a retirement extension instead.

VBR

Ron

It is worth repeating - please do not post any general assumptions about the rules, such as " no need for this , or that" .

I think that the best advice ( mentioned many times on TV) is for each expat to ascertain what is needed, exactly, by their respective IO's. That said, thanks for sharing your experiences. Wish it were that relaxed st Nakohn Si Thammmarat.