refused flight

check in online and print a boarding pass with carry on baggage you can walk to immigration pay the fine and if OK board the flight .

Does this airline have online check in?

Is the reason for being denied check in because the OP has an overstay or because the overstay is outstanding?

If this airline don't want to carry any overstayer of more than 1 month then checking in online might not solve the problem as passports get checked prior to boarding too.

One year, why even pose the question on this forum. are you looking for sympathy?

You know what that is between in the dictionary S**T and syphilis, and I suspect you will find none here.

i flew to Kuala Lumpur on saturday with Air Asia, i had 2 one way tickets BKK to KL and KL to BKK, when i arrived at Dom Muang i went to Air Asia check in machine outside the terminal building and printed of 2 one way tickets. i then proceded to immigration,got stamped out of Thailand paid my overstay and flew to KL.

When i arrived at KL immigration never even asked to see an exit ticket, just stamped me in,

My return flight was 2 hours later, so i had a coffee went through departure gate got stamped out and flew back to Dom Muang BKK. Arrived went through Thai customs with no difficulty at all and received a 30 day visa on arrival stamp.was not asked to show a ticket out of Bkk.

This whole process was very quick very easy and the flights were on 2300 baht combined fare.

No checking in on flight desks and no one telling me to show return tickets or any of that crap.

I hope this help you and others in your situation,

Edited by nongmai07

The only part I don't understand is why you decided to stay in Thailand illegally, and it seems for a considerable period of time, making yourself subject to arrest any time a police officer decided to do a spot check, as they are inclined to do these days. You do know how uncomfortable a Thai jail is, don't you?

Not sure that I follow Transam, after he checked in to fly out of the Kingdom his next contact with officialdom would be a Thai Immigration Officer who would have picked up that he was an over stayer and taken any appropriate action.

She prevented the guy going to the IO, how is that doing her job?

Maybe he had a return ticket and she was thinking that as an over stayer he wouldn't be allowed back in, which I don't think is the case.

I can see many of these instances coming along during the next few weeks.

No I didn't have a return ticket she was saying I would get refused at the airport in Laos

So you were refused on other than the overstay issue?

Did you ask to speak to the check-in Supervisor ?

I do not know about Laos but some countries are very reluctant about allowing entry to those with overstay stamps the their passports.

OK well anyone who has travelled overseas should know that many countries will refuse foreigners entry if they don't possess a return or outbound plane ticket.

Laos is normally not strict and Lao immigration at the airport won't check. However, if you don't have an outbound ticket, or a good explanation of how you will leave Laos the airline can refuse you.

The Thai overstay wasn't really the issue here as they don't always check that and in any case, that shouldn't be the concern of a check-in agent, that's an immigration matter. The issue is that the airline is following the rules of Lao immigration, even though those rules are not enforced after arrival - the airline however wants to be safe rather than sorry in case you are refused they would have to transport you back to your port of origin, in this case Bangkok.

check in online and print a boarding pass with carry on baggage you can walk to immigration pay the fine and if OK board the flight .

Does this airline have online check in?

Is the reason for being denied check in because the OP has an overstay or because the overstay is outstanding?

If this airline don't want to carry any overstayer of more than 1 month then checking in online might not solve the problem as passports get checked prior to boarding too.

The issue was the airline doesn't want to carry a passenger without an outbound ticket for Laos, or at least an outbound ticket from the region/explanation of how he will leave Laos.

Perhaps in her eyes you are in LOS illegally.............Just doing her job...

Unless she works for immigration, refusing people entry or exit does not fall into her job description

Why check a passport then ?

Surely the OP is in LOS illegally, do we know what her job tasks are..?

i flew to Kuala Lumpur on saturday with Air Asia, i had 2 one way tickets BKK to KL and KL to BKK, when i arrived at Dom Muang i went to Air Asia check in machine outside the terminal building and printed of 2 one way tickets. i then proceded to immigration,got stamped out of Thailand paid my overstay and flew to KL.

When i arrived at KL immigration never even asked to see an exit ticket, just stamped me in,

My return flight was 2 hours later, so i had a coffee went through departure gate got stamped out and flew back to Dom Muang BKK. Arrived went through Thai customs with no difficulty at all and received a 30 day visa on arrival stamp.was not asked to show a ticket out of Bkk.

This whole process was very quick very easy and the flights were on 2300 baht combined fare.

No checking in on flight desks and no one telling me to show return tickets or any of that crap.

What are you planning to do after your 30 days are up?

What are you planning to do after your 30 days are up?

Most likely ask for a 30 day extension if he can be bothered, and then overstay his new permission to stay, by 89 days this time to avoid being banned. Some people really like to take the piss. All fine by me, as long as they don't complain when others (like airline personnel) also start to take the piss and refuse them to board.

Not sure that I follow Transam, after he checked in to fly out of the Kingdom his next contact with officialdom would be a Thai Immigration Officer who would have picked up that he was an over stayer and taken any appropriate action.

Maybe he had a return ticket and she was thinking that as an over stayer he wouldn't be allowed back in, which I don't think is the case.

No I didn't have a return ticket she was saying I would get refused at the airport in Laos

I do not know about Laos but some countries are very reluctant about allowing entry to those with overstay stamps the their passports.

Some countries are very reluctant about allowing entry to those with overstay stamps the their passports. And perhaps rightly so????? Just saying..... That would be my line if I was in charge of immigration rules in a country. He did it there, why not here? Why take the chance of creating us a problem? And he only had a 1-way ticket into Laos, and presumably no additional on-booked flight out of Laos. It's a bit of a no-brainer to me. If the Laos authorities are that smart there very likely will be more. The 90 day checks aren't that hard, surely.

the way i see it is below

How much will I pay for overstaying?

That depends on the number of days you overstayed in Thailand. The minimum charge is 500 baht per day and the maximum is 20,000 baht if you overstayed for 40 or more days. You should in all cases contact immigration they will advise on the best course of action we have no influence at all in any overstay matter.

Thailand Introduces New Overstay Rules !

These rules apply to the Alien giving himself up at immigration and are as follows :

• Overstay more than 90 Days – 1 year ban from Thailand
  • Overstay more than 1 Year – 3 year ban from Thailand
  • Overstay more than 3 Years – 5 year ban from Thailand
  • Overstay more than 5 Years – 10 year ban from Thailand

Arrested & Found To Be On Overstay- Apprehended !
  • Overstay less than 1 Year – 5 year ban from Thailand
  • Overstay more than 1 Year – 10 year ban from Thailand

my cousin has 7yr overstay he plans to fly out this sunday with laos airlines to. so now after this he will cancel the flight. whats best place for single entry tourist visa for thailand for him? cheap and hassle free. thanks in advance guys.

my cousin has 7yr overstay he plans to fly out this sunday with laos airlines to. so now after this he will cancel the flight. whats best place for single entry tourist visa for thailand for him? cheap and hassle free. thanks in advance guys.

Anywhere.

Penang Malaysia.

Unless she works for immigration, refusing people entry or exit does not fall into her job description
Absolutely correct.

But refusing to permit check in and boarding a flight because of things in your passport is absolutely in her job description.

So if Laos immigration now has a "more than 1 month overstay will be refused entry" rule then she was indeed doing her job.

Absolutely correct.

But refusing to permit check in and boarding a flight because of things in your passport is absolutely in her job description.

So if Laos immigration now has a "more than 1 month overstay will be refused entry" rule then she was indeed doing her job.

Additionally, The reason why airlines MUST do this is because if they allow you to fly to Laos and Laos rejects you based on the rules, Laos Airlines must fly you back at their cost.

same thing, same airline happened to my friend last month and he had a member of immigration from where he lives in thailand with him (came in the taxi with him to the airport for a fee of course)

he booked a flight to Singapore instead and got a thai visa there

So an immigration officer traveled to the airport with a person which he knew was illegal in the country?

that is correct

Sounds more like a Laos airways No Onward ticket from Laos issue.....too me.....Miss by the book flight lady...

If you had the onward ticket do you think she would have given you boarding pass ?? and continue too immigration too pay the fine....

This has happened twice too me with Malaysia airlines at KL,and Singapore airlines as well

onward ticket required..Hassles too get on plane.

No onward ticket No board the plane...Airline policy....

Never even looked at my visa page

Good luck with your travels

Edited by glassdude007

my cousin cant cancel his flight they said its non refundable. you think its worth him taking the chance and trying at the airport himself? if they say no is it possible to fly to penang from suvarnbhumi airport? theres lots of things in this story that dont make sense.

Edited by stevymac

same thing, same airline happened to my friend last month and he had a member of immigration from where he lives in thailand with him (came in the taxi with him to the airport for a fee of course)

he booked a flight to Singapore instead and got a thai visa there

So an immigration officer traveled to the airport with a person which he knew was illegal in the country?

that is correct

I would have Been skeptical reading this until last week when I applied for a non o visa and was declined (long story) but was told by the officer she could get me through the hoops for 16k

Went to another office and got it on my own in under 1 hour. These people can be bought, no problem

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

my cousin cant cancel his flight they said its non refundable. you think its worth him taking the chance and trying at the airport himself? if they say no is it possible to fly to penang from suvarnbhumi airport? theres lots of things in this story that dont make sense.

If he already has the ticket you could attempt calling/emailing the airline to ask about their policy. Or your cousin could just attempt to use the ticket he will either be allowed to board or not.

Flying to Penang is possible but I have no information about what the policy of airline(s) flying that route is in relation to those with overstay.

I booked a one way ticket to Laos to clear my overstay, but was refused boarding because of my overstay

This is starting to make some degree of sense. You are over stayed in Thailand when you went to the airport. You hold only a one way ticket to Laos but presumably no Laotian visa, is that correct? If so I think they would be reasonable in refusing you. How do they know you will be allowed into Laos? If not where are you going to go? The airline would be responsible for returning you to Thailand but you may be refused entry there because of your overstay. It makes more sense now.

just called up the immigration said if you have an overstay of a month or more laos airlines will not all you to board the flight! I wish somebody would of told him this before he booked it. so now whats his best plan? is immigration less strict at don muang or suvarnphumbi? what airline will allow him to fly to their country to clear his overstay and fly back?

I would have Been skeptical reading this until last week when I applied for a non o visa and was declined (long story) but was told by the officer she could get me through the hoops for 16k

Went to another office and got it on my own in under 1 hour. These people can be bought, no problem

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

They just seem to be getting greedier and greedier don't they? 450 RM in Penang for a tourist visa if your passport is "too full"?

Pff.

just called up the immigration said if you have an overstay of a month or more laos airlines will not all you to board the flight! I wish somebody would of told him this before he booked it. so now whats his best plan? is immigration less strict at don muang or suvarnphumbi? what airline will allow him to fly to their country to clear his overstay and fly back?

Which "immigration" was called ?