"Sorry You Do Not Have Permission to Edit this Posting"

SantiSuk

So why let me click on the edit button of my previous posting in the first place (and let me waste my time constructing after-thought material)?!

It has happened several times over the years, and I'm sure it has been addressed here several times ..... so why no solution?

Don't mind a time limit cancelling the edit button, but without warning once you have started posting an edit is an annoyance and poor IT design. Poo pooing (or should I say Hooha-ing) the point and the poster is another typically annoying aspect of ThaiVisa!

Hooray it gave me time to post the edit this timebiggrin.png

Edited by SantiSuk

So you must finish your edit and post before the 30 minutes are up.

They start from when you first posted what you are editing.

I've managed to get three or four edits in before the 30 minutes were up biggrin.png, but it was a close call.

Don't mind a time limit cancelling the edit button, but without warning once you have started posting an edit is an annoyance and poor IT design. Poo pooing (or should I say Hooha-ing) the point and the poster is another typically annoying aspect of ThaiVisa!

Hooray it gave me time to post the edit this timebiggrin.png

That's an interesting point you make. I wonder if it will ever become possible to write a forum software program that gives a time limit of 30 minutes, for example, to make an edit and then when I click on Edit two minutes before the expiration of this limit the program can determine that I would take longer than these two minutes to complete my editing and show me the "Sorry..." message without even letting me start the edit. Although artificial intelligence has come a long way I don't think I shall see this happen in my lifetime.

Hooray it gave me time to post the edit this time:D

That's an interesting point you make. I wonder if it will ever become possible to write a forum software program that gives a time limit of 30 minutes, for example, to make an edit and then when I click on Edit two minutes before the expiration of this limit the program can determine that I would take longer than these two minutes to complete my editing and show me the "Sorry..." message without even letting me start the edit. Although artificial intelligence has come a long way I don't think I shall see this happen in my lifetime.

Have you got the source code? I'll give it a go...