Dutch expat, 45, found dead in Prachuap Khiri Khan

webfact

Dutch expat, 45, found dead in Prachuap Khiri Khan
Thaivisa Reporters

du.jpg
Image: Dailynews

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN:-- A 45 year old Dutch man was found dead at the front of his house in Prachuap Khiri Khan on Sunday afternoon, reports Thaivisa News.

Police attended the scene after receiving a report that a foreign man had died in a property located on Nong Kham Road.

Upon arrival at the house, police officers and rescue workers found the body of the man who had suffered a head wound.

Rescue workers believe the man had collapsed and died possibly due to the heat and hit his head when he fell to the floor.

The man was apparently well known to locals as he was often seen driving around the local area in a red tractor.

Officials from the Dutch embassy have been informed and the man’s body has been sent to Prachuap Khiri Khan general hospital for post mortem.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-21

I thought that pointing at something with your foot was a terrible insult in Thai culture especially if identifying a person.

So why are the two 'officials' using their feet to poke the dead body. Shows what kind of respect they have towards the deceased and no doubt they will conclude that he 'fell' on the bloody hammer.

I thought that pointing at something with your foot was a terrible insult in Thai culture especially if identifying a person.

So why are the two 'officials' using their feet to poke the dead body. Shows what kind of respect they have towards the deceased and no doubt they will conclude that he 'fell' on the bloody hammer.

To be honest, it looks like they are sticking the boot in.

They will just be kicking him to make sure he's really dead facepalm.gif RIP young guy.

regards Worgeordie

they are checking to see if he is dead

they are checking to see if he is dead

Autopsy Thai style.....

Seek out the original of this photo in Thai Daily News you will find nothing of the sort

Man at left is standing, both feet on the ground, a short distance from the deceased's left hand

The second policeman is walking behind the deceased on to the low landing/step where he lies, deceased's lower legs hang over the edge not out straight. Clearly adequate space without him touching the body

Rescue workers believe the man had collapsed and died possibly due to the heat and hit his head when he fell to the floor.

Had to laugh out loud at this statement...however plausible it might be to many...

How about lets canvas the neighborhood to find out who owed him money...who he had asked to quit playing loud music all night...and who he might have asked to keep their dogs in their own area...

Call me suspicious...but it appears that expats from all around the world come to Thailand to jump from condos and bash their own heads in...

Yep...Thais just can not quit smiling when the see an expat with a young woman...

Of course it was suicide. Although Police are baffled by the blood soaked hammer nearby.

Were you there at the scene or was that told to you by the guy on the next bar stool?

If you have nothing useful to post why do you bother?

A guy is dead and all you can do is to try to make a stupid joke of it.

I would have thought that the poor guy, who was seen riding about in a red tractor, would have been acclimatized, so not likely to fall over from heat stroke or similar.... Especially not a 45 year old man

I would also have thought that, if he did fall over, it would have been more of a collapse with hands out, preventing a head injury.

But, definitely plausible... Just like death could have happened to the elderly Canadian, who copped a beating last week, despite the many posters saying it was a righteous beating

I walked into a sliding glass balcony door last week in Patts.

As I have a straight backed gait my right knee hit first and then my upper body pivoted forward and my right temple struck the glass.

I was traveling at quite a speed and finished up with a bruised knee, but little damage to my temple.

Had it not been toughened glass the result may have been different and you could well be speculating on the evil nature of my tearful companion (who thought it hilarious) or as to the identity of the mystery assailant (my companion having fled) who had arranged my body amidst the broken shards in order to simulate an accident.

I rarely click on "mystery" death stories these days, but this has been quite enjoyable.

Edited by Enoon

I walked into a sliding glass balcony door last week in Patts.

As I have a straight backed gait my right knee hit first and then my upper body pivoted forward and my right temple struck the glass.

I was traveling at quite a speed and finished up with a bruised knee, but little damage to my temple.

Had it not been toughened glass the result may have been different and you could well be speculating on the venality of my tearful companion (who thought it hilarious) or the mystery assailant who had arranged my body amidst the broken shards in order to simulate an accident.

I rarely click on "mystery" death stories these days, but this has been quite enjoyable.

LOL.... I'm pretty sure that all of us have done (or considered doing) something that would result in a TV article

And.... I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't be finding this thread "quite enjoyable".... Although you did make me laugh... So I'll go politically incorrect and stick a like on your post

The inventor of the Atkins diet slipped on a slippery patch on the sidewalk, fell and hit his head and died. In NY.

Most accidental deaths in homes occuur in the bathroom. People slip and fall from their height, strike their head and die. It happens all over the planet, all the time.

With no evidence of foul play, and the head wound in a location in line with a falling injury would location. Falling due to heat stroke or syncope and hitting his head s a very likely answer. More so than a reclusive unmarried man being the target of of a murder plot.

The inventor of the Atkins diet slipped on a slippery patch on the sidewalk, fell and hit his head and died. In NY.

Most accidental deaths in homes occuur in the bathroom. People slip and fall from their height, strike their head and die. It happens all over the planet, all the time.

With no evidence of foul play, and the head wound in a location in line with a falling injury would location. Falling due to heat stroke or syncope and hitting his head s a very likely answer. More so than a reclusive unmarried man being the target of of a murder plot.

he was certainly what you would call reclusive !

he was rather well known in certain circles in prachuap.