Attorney general vows to prosecute stalled case against Red Bull heir

webfact

why would he do that? its one corrupt and inept uniform for another, or do you falsely believe it's the lesser of two evils?

You think these top cops don't have dirt on very senior Military officers that would be a huge embarrassment to the Junta ?

So how would you go about a major reformation of the police?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he gets charged, it would be a tragedy for the Bangkok elite. They would start worrying that if the heir to that fortune can get done then some of the other untouchables might be in danger.

If anyone actually believe this, they don't know how Thailand works. Kinda like if anyone believes Donald trump will not be stopped becoming president by the elite who run that country.

why would he do that? its one corrupt and inept uniform for another, or do you falsely believe it's the lesser of two evils?

You think these top cops don't have dirt on very senior Military officers that would be a huge embarrassment to the Junta ?

This is how they did it in Hong Kong - The Royal Hong Kong Police was widely regarded as the finest police force that money could buy!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_Commission_Against_Corruption_(Hong_Kong)

With a list as long as your arm,

Red Bull killer

16 yr old female driver killer

Chaing Mai police sgt killer

Suthep land encroachment and theft of land on Phuket given to hi-so friends. Theft.

Son of redcoat Hi-So who shot policeman in night club killer

Hi-so woman who drove into policeman sitting in car killer

Latest Hi-so Mecerdes Benz dealer Killer

Koh Tao on the loose Killer

The list goes on and can be added to by others, but these will never really face justice because of their money

Prayuth you are a failure.

Does that mean in your eyes that before Prayuth took over that EVERY single HiSo was successfully prosecuted and jailed?

How about the ones under Yingluck, Abhisit, Somchai, Samak, the general from before, Thaksin, Chuan et al PM's before him right back to 1932 did the right thing?

I suspect that your bias is showing.

In my eyes they were ALL failures and nothing much has changed over the years and decades.

I don't think much of your ability of comprehension ole son ! Exactly what i am saying, but Prayuth is the man right now , and he has been bragging about bringing everyone to justice........understand now ??? It would be good if you could use a little imagination before "hitting the keyboard" to show how smart you are. rolleyes.giffacepalm.gif

"It would be good if you could use a little imagination before "hitting the keyboard" to show how smart you are."

Get out of bed on the wrong side this morning did we.

Well I throw your comment right back at you.

" ... and he has been bragging about bringing everyone to justice........understand now ???" Is that accurate or is just your words to add emphasis because it suits your slant?

Your bluster to try to demand everybody should agree with your version (your biased version - and we all have bias) is obvious and tiresome and boring.

Now I'll add my slant: 'When is the general going to dismiss pretty much all of the top several layers of the police and lots of other selected police at other levels, install the army as the police and restart the police in a totally different structure and purpose and with new values, new leaders with better education, more worldliness, new policies which mean different selection criteria, promotion based purely on displayed obvious superior capability and a high performance track record with a non-police body to audit all of these points, etc etc?

I agree entirely with your thoughts and have suggested the same idea myself as the only way forward, but to answer your question re when, unfortunately not in my lifetime and by the looks of it, possibly never.

Amazing really, Article 44 can be used shut down all sorts of 'troublesome' talk, yet it cant be invoked it to finally bring to justice a spoil little rich kid accused of murder, yet I thought it was on the books to sweep away roadblocks to solving the problems that bedevil this country, such as abuse of power and wealth....Oh but wait, he's part of that elite that actually got the junta into power.

Silly me!

Exactly, and that's why this story has a high bullshit factor.

Better training, higher pay, instant dismissal and prosecution with jail time for the slightest charge of corruption. All this will be worth nothing if the judiciary isn't cleaned out

I am genuinely surprised someone with your experience believes the Thai army has a role to play in view of its own massive corruption, extensive business interests and disgusting human rights record.It is an organisation so riddled with crime that its reform is needed almost as much as that of the police.I agree there is a much higher percentage of criminals in the police than in the military but the former does at least not meddle in politics.

Police reform must be directed by elected politicians and taken forward by elite police officers.It has been done before notably in New York and several Western countries.

I wouldn't. There's no infrastructure in place to allow it to happen, as rotten as they are, there isn't any other alternatives.

Better Pay, No more paying for their rank, no more buying their gear and weapons, bring in some outside Law Enforcement Instructors, during their basic training. Better incentives to do the job well would a god starting point.

but before all that, the judiciary needs to be overhauled, where the punishment fits the crime, not based on a judges opinion, but based on a slide rule of what crime carries what sentence.

No more bullshit sentences for the poor, and the rich get off with community service, stop the class divide, and enforce the letter of the laws.

Stop having coups, that allow changes to the Law, to suit, have a plan, stick to it, allow a Government to complete is term in office, instead of throwing teddies out of prams.

Start enforcing these Laws from the Top to the Bottom, when the poor see the Rich being punished, it will make them realise "This shits for real now"

and finally, this is Thailand, it's never going to happen.

What is boss so afraid of, he is only facing reckless driving causing death. The hiso girl who was charged with the same offence for killing 9 people in a mini van only got a month of community service and didn't turn up for that because it wasn't to her liking. Boss only killed one person and he said sorry and went to the funeral. What could he expect, a court order to attend the Thailand F1 grand prix when they get it in 2199.

Why isn't the charge,Murder,? Murder, using a two ton weapon whilst under the influence of narcotics and/or alcohol.I know we are not in the USA,but i believe that the statute of limitations for murder,never runs out.Is that the same here?Also,absconding,the country with intent to avoid capture.Also trying to pervert the course of justice,and conspiring with person or person's unknown, to delay the justice system.However,the biggest accusation should be.Looking like an ugly, punk kid with big ears and wearing a stupid hat.Just to look at him,with that,"i'll be out by Tea time" semi grin makes me want to stamp on his face.I hate his sort.

But, we know nothing's gonna happen,nothing will be done.This is all a show,all a circus for the media and the Thai public,just to instill them with a false sense of security.he will vanish again.New name,new passport,and carry on his life,laughing with his friends,going where he wants,chatting up the girls,using the "Red bull gives you wings line" telling all his 'hiso' mates how he beat the justice system.Untill one day,another official will 'wonder' why he wasn't prosecuted,and the old man will have to,once again ,send out his brown envelopes to the authorities here,the authorities in what ever country he is in,And the HiSo family that are looking after him.

Ahhh, the criminal ballet goes forever on.

for murder there must be intent to kill. If his intention was to kill the cop then yes murder. Culpable Driving, leave the scene and attempt to pervert the course of justice.

The Army has had ABSOLUTE control of the country for nearly 2 years.

No opposition.

No restrictions.

All Section 44.

What have they done to date regarding this princeling of the am-mart?

Not a single thing.

Tells us all we need to know about how this will play out.