Israeli soldier faces manslaughter charge for killing Palestinian

webfact

Israeli soldier faces manslaughter charge for killing Palestinian

JERUSALEM, Aril 1 (Xinhua) -- The Israeli soldier who shot and killed an unarmed Palestinian attacker at point blank will face a manslaughter charge, rather than a murder charge, military prosecutors said Thursday.

The military prosecution announced its intention to prosecute the 19-year-old soldier for manslaughter during a remand hearing which took place on Thursday afternoon at the Qastina military court in south-central Israel, according to Israeli media.

The military prosecution asked during the hearing to remand the soldier until next week. The prosecutors said the soldier shot the Palestinian who tried to stab another soldier in Hebron, and then said the attacker "needed to die," Channel 10 said.

Full story: http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world/2016-04/01/c_135241740.htm

-- Xinhua 2016-04-01

So it was downplayed in a huge PR campaign from murder to manslaugther...

So you think you know it all? you know what is to be a soldier surrounded by constant death situations

from a bunch of people who has DELETED, no values on life and deep hatred to everyone,

no soldier, no citizen, be it arab or an Israeli is immund to the sudden terrorist act, be it within Israel

1967 borders or outside of it,

At least Israel seems to be dispensing justice to on of it's own, something that unheard off when it comes

to the other side......

The Israeli soldier who shot and killed an unarmed Palestinian attacker at point blank will face a manslaughter charge,

The prosecutors said the soldier shot the Palestinian who tried to stab another soldier in Hebron,

Forgive me if I do not understand...but is there not a slight contradiction here?.

I'd like to know the legal justification of the manslaughter vs. murder charge. It might be that it will be much easier to get a manslaughter conviction and they don't want to risk a harder to convict charge they might lose.

In any case, let's not be naive, if the rogue solder was charged and convicted of murder, the obsessive demonization agenda's line would be it's just for show because this odious case got so much publicity.

So from the Israeli government's POV, as far as the demonizers are concerned, they can't do anything right whatever it is that they do, because as far as the demonizers are concerned they don't even have a right to EXIST.

So it was downplayed in a huge PR campaign from murder to manslaugther.

When all the facts points to premeditated murder...

It might be prudent to understand the meaning of premeditated murder.

In the case of the soldier manslaughter is probably the correct charge. premeditated murder would be leveled at those that, armed with knives went looking for soldiers or civilians to kill.

This absurd charge of manslaughter is damage control. The IDF knows that the video won't allow them to flat out lie about what happened, so they arranged for a minor charge of manslaughter so that the "punishment" will be minimal.

Disgusting behavior, but par for the course for Israel, the IDF and the apologists.

Israel says it is a democratic and law abiding state

Israel lies constantly. And these two lies are among the ones they repeat most often.

It's in Israel. They can do no wrong. gigglem.gif

Then why any charges?

Manslaughter is a serious charge.

Israel demonization agenda acts like he was charged with jaywalking.

Israel demonization agenda acts like this was My Lai.

Israel demonization agenda overblows ANY and ALL negative news about Israel to support their agenda of painting the entirety of Israel as evil.

That, my friends, is truly evil.

It was one rogue soldier acting alone and it looks highly probable he will be punished.

Don't forget the context of why the dead Arab dude was down in the first place. He wasn't a choir boy, dudes.

Attacking with knife with intent to kill. He went out that day to be a martyr. Mission accomplished.

If he had succeeded in killing some Jews that day, do you think the Palestinians would support charging him with manslaughter, murder, or anything?

Of course not. He would be a hero. They make murders of innocent civilians within Israel heroes as well. Don't be fooled by the propaganda that it's only about so called occupation.

In any case, he's clearly headed for a street being named after him, even though he happily failed with his Jew killing aims that day.

Smell the HYPOCRISY of the Israel demonization agenda.

Only in your jew hating mind. Do you know what pre-meditated murder is? Entertain us with a cut and paste.

Toss in a Noam Chomsky reference for added emphasis.

Manslaughter is much easier to prove than murder.

Only in your jew hating mind. Do you know what pre-meditated murder is? Entertain us with a cut and paste.

Toss in a Noam Chomsky reference for added emphasis.

Manslaughter is much easier to prove than murder.

we all know what is premeditated murder, and for the ones do not know, they learn it by watching IDF murder videos.

Murderer came after the incident in the video and most probably after receiving some calls from his friends like 'Hey, there is an unconsciousness palestinian laying on the ground, we all killed a palestinian so do you want to score one and be a real IDF soldier?'

there is no way to defend such actions in that video and whoever gives a lesser sentence than murder and whoever defends or supports cannot call himself a fair, righteous person.

Off-topic, inflammatory posts and replies removed.

I suggest you stay on topic. Not doing so is going to result in suspensions.

The topic is limited in scope and continued trolling isn't going to be tolerated.

here is the maximum jail sentence for manslaughter in Israel. Only a mere maximum of 20 years and they say it is often reduced to 5 or 8 years at similar cases and if no convictions before and he will sure get a good conduct abatement! of course bc he is a hero now for Israelis.

So a mere 5 to 8 years is the price of a murder of a guy laying o the round unconsciousness. But i believe he will be out of jail within 5 years.

and what about his commanders? they need to be sentenced as well for neglect of duty by not checking and supervising their man good enough or for not preventing such incident.

The deliberate killing of a person without premeditation (or the other circumstances of murder) is manslaughter for which the maximum sentence is 20 years. The sentence depends on the particular circumstances of the crime and its perpetrator.

The execution has been done with malice, deliberately and with pre meditation. It's clearly first degree murder, which could be aggravated if the motives were racial or religious.

But reality with develop a kangaroo military court directed by the Knesset...

Some Knesset MK's are claiming Presidential pardon...without the courts final verdict...

It's all of zero consequence until the result of the trial is known and if guilty how harsh the sentence is.

He'll be convicted if the evidence backs that up and it appears that it will, and the sentence will be far from trivial.

Can't please everyone.

There are mitigating circumstances as the downed Arab man had just tried to murder him up some Jews.

Not an excuse, doesn't make the IDF soldier innocent, but again there is a CONTEXT.

Again, this isn't My Lai and the shot Arab man was not Mary Poppins -- he was out to KILL.

There is a legal question I've been curious about.

I assume there will be a determination about whether the initial wound of the Arab man was going to be fatal or not.

The first hit was obviously totally justified as the Arab man was out to KILL.

Will that be material to the case?

I don't know and I'm not saying it should be, but I am curious about it.

Of course this case isn't happening in a political vacuum.

Highly publicized controversial cases aren't in a political vacuum ANYWHERE.

Israel is no exception.

Yes, of course there is internal right wing Israeli political pressure not to charge this solder with murder OR manslaughter.

Again, can't please everyone.

Maybe in the end this solder will totally walk, I don't think so, and based on what we know in the press, that would be very wrong, but don't go mishuga before that ACTUALLY happens.

The important thing as that the Israeli justice process has not allowed this case to drag on, become choked with irrelevant side issues or allowed to slowly fade. The prosecutors have weighed up the evidence and decided on an appropriate charge with which they can most likely secure a conviction. It would be very hard to prove murder. They would have to prove the soldier had intended to commit murder, has murder in his mind and not acted in a knee jerk response to the situation. Very hard to convince a jury given the circumstances.

Now, consider the opposite. Imagine the deceased terrorist, who set out with the intention to injure and kill as many people as possible, had succeeded and had managed to escape back to the Palestinian authority, or any Muslim neighbor country. The video, clearly identifying the attacker was posted and goes viral. Do you think the PA or any Muslim government would have made any effort to arrest this terrorist, bring charges and carry out a trial?

The important thing as that the Israeli justice process has not allowed this case to drag on, become choked with irrelevant side issues or allowed to slowly fade. The prosecutors have weighed up the evidence and decided on an appropriate charge with which they can most likely secure a conviction. It would be very hard to prove murder. They would have to prove the soldier had intended to commit murder, has murder in his mind and not acted in a knee jerk response to the situation. Very hard to convince a jury given the circumstances.

Now, consider the opposite. Imagine the deceased terrorist, who set out with the intention to injure and kill as many people as possible, had succeeded and had managed to escape back to the Palestinian authority, or any Muslim neighbor country. The video, clearly identifying the attacker was posted and goes viral. Do you think the PA or any Muslim government would have made any effort to arrest this terrorist, bring charges and carry out a trial?

The dead Palestinian is not on trial . The sadistic IDF killer was the judge, jury and executioner in that matter
I personally feel the IDF perp should be tried for cold blooded pre meditated murder, because that's exactly what it was...plenty of evidence. If he gets a heavy sentence for manslaughter it may do something to allay tensions in the West Bank and perhaps make the IDF think twice before they needlessly and wantonly with seeming impugnity so far execute Palestinians resisting an illegal occupation.

Your quote :

"It would be very hard to prove murder. They would have to prove the soldier had intended to commit murder, has murder in his mind and not acted in a knee jerk response to the situation."

The IDF soldier responded with a headshot. Not a shot to his hands/arms.

More off-topic and inflammatory posts have been removed.

It would appear that attempts at encouraging people to post in a civil manner have failed.

Continue with the inflammatory tone used and you WILL BE SUSPENDED. Suspensions will not be light ones, I might add.

God and religion are also not a relevant part of the discussion.

The Israeli military prosecutors are in a no-win situation with this case.

Anything more than nominal punishment will result in a firestorm of abuse from radical Zionists and a crisis of morale among the IDF who might start to think that their license to kill was being curtailed.

If the trial concludes with a slap on the wrist for the killer it will play into the hands of the Palestinians and their supporters all over the world.

Israel will become even more isolated and boycotted economically, culturally, and academically.

Maybe this thread should be on a PAUSE BUTTON until there is any NEWS about the case against the IDF soldier?rolleyes.gif Because people have said pretty much ALL that can be said about the actual TOPIC until there are any new developments.

Maybe this thread should be locked until there is any NEWS about the case against the IDF soldier?rolleyes.gif Because people have said pretty much ALL that can be said about the actual TOPIC until there are any new developments.

The shot terrorist is said to have moved ? Was he intent on exploding a device ? Would you have taken a chance ? Me? I would have done as the soldier is reported to have done.

Maybe this thread should be locked until there is any NEWS about the case against the IDF soldier?rolleyes.gif Because people have said pretty much ALL that can be said about the actual TOPIC until there are any new developments.

The shot terrorist is said to have moved ? Was he intent on exploding a device ? Would you have taken a chance ? Me? I would have done as the soldier is reported to have done.

It's part of the case but it's doubtful that defense is going to work.

I want Israelis to be better than their enemies. They're fighting for their country but they should also be fighting for good values and ethics embodied in the IDF code.

Shooting downed dudes who aren't a threat isn't that.

Not being naive about this.

Fog of war is real thing.

But this incident, frankly, it doesn't appear there was all that much FOG.

As the Israelis themselves have said, the stupidest thing you can do is shoot someone in this situation. Because they may be wearing an explosive device.

Archived