Red bowls seized from Pheu Thai's former MP in Nakhon Sawan

webfact

Red bowls seized from Pheu Thai's former MP in Nakhon Sawan

NAKHON SAWAN: -- A combined force of 300 soldiers and police yesterday searched several suspected targets in Nakhon Sawan province, but found nothing illegal other than a large number of red plastic bowls.

The targets searched included the residents of former Nakhon Sawan MPs of the Pheu Thai party Veerakorn Khamprakob, and Pol Lt Col Banyin Tangpakorn.

At the residence of Mr Veerakorn, they found a large number of red plastic bowls.

At the home of Pol Lt Col Banyin, they found several guns, but all are licensed.

Early this month, authorities also searched several Pheu Thai politicians in Nan province and found more than 8,000 red bowls screened with Thaksin’s message that reads “Happy Songkran Holidays.”

He said a lthough the situation was hot, “I hope you find coolness from the water passing through this bowl.”

The bowl was also screened with Thaksin’s signature.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/161425

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-28

sounds like they had a tip about something bigger at that location but perhaps someone alerted them ahead of the raid in time to get rid of whatever they were after.

Never tell the BIB what your planned raid is, can't be trusted especially if you are going after the reds.

sounds like they had a tip about something bigger at that location but perhaps someone alerted them ahead of the raid in time to get rid of whatever they were after.

Never tell the BIB what your planned raid is, can't be trusted especially if you are going after the reds.

The brilliant EYE sees all, can take a small story with no details and gives us the lowdown every time.

With his crystal ball and his ESP he will decipher the vaguest clues and tell us what really happened.

maybe those in "that group" should adopt Man U, Liverpool, Bayern Munich shirts as symbol of resistence. Considering how Man U has been playing, perhaps taking their games off the tube for being subversive might be doing us a favor.... oh yeah, Arsenal too....

Combined force of 300 police and military men in a major shakedown and found only red bowls. I call that harassment and intimidation. How long more before the proverbial straw breaks.

"How long more before the proverbial straw breaks.?"

That would largely depend upon the proverbial camel, wouldn't it?

Luckily I am color blind but I do believe the Chinese are very inspired by the color red

Red is the color of good luck. Common on Chinese New Year's objects. The only red shirts I own have the Chinese astrological animals on them (I would not wear them any day other than Drood Jin, and then probably only at home). Chinese children love getting red envelopes of money from their grandparents. Yes, red is something special for anybody who wants to celebrate New Years in a Chinese way. By the way, on Chinese New Year's, every Thai says he/she is Chinese to get the day off. Most of them probably do have at least a little Chinese ancestry.

Combined force of 300 police and military men in a major shakedown and found only red bowls. I call that harassment and intimidation. How long more before the proverbial straw breaks.

The bib must be pissed off having to give up revenue gathering for a few plastic bowls, and I thought an army was basically trained to fight or maybe here they just leave the fighting to the 1,600 plus generals they have.

''' in case the red bowels fought back

I hope you mean 'bowls' whistling.gif

Bowel is a deserving word and fitting to the occasion. That's what the military deserved.

Have you ever eaten a large serving of red Dragonfruit? I have, and my red bowels could've certainly given the military what it deserves... blink.png

Seriously though, is there no bigger threat to the country warranting a combined force of 300 soldiers and police than red bowls?