Update: Trat Airport to Koh Chang

Fookhaht

The older thread on this subject was archived three years ago, so opening up the topic for a bit more updated information.

I am going to a resort on NW Koh Chang from Trat airport. My resort has contracted a van company "Krungthep Limousine" for my transportation airport to resort (not a bad price: 550B including ferry).

Has anyone had experience with this company, and can give me an idea of the safety of their drivers? I swore off transportation by minivan a year ago due to many bad experiences with crazy and dangerous drivers, and the constant stream of news of fatal van accidents in LOS. Nevertheless, this seems to be my only option.

Any other better options out there that I'm unaware of? Recommended this or any other mini-van company (for safety)? Bus? etc.?

Appreciate any additional information,
Fookhaht

Just seen your post, 1 week later.

I've never used the service you name, but fully empathize with your views.

You can take a taxi to the ferry; Thai driver. The distance is short; 20 mins drive, and the roads single lane.

I've often seen said minivans on that route; and not witnessed any horrors.

The last bit from off the ferry to NW KC is a bit challenging; but usually done slowly by all road users.

Take the arranged minivan for convenience and value ??

I wonder what happened...........

Thanks a lot. My trip is about 6 days away yet. Decided to bite the bullet and take the minivan. Your report is encouraging. I'll report back.

Edited by Fookhaht