Buying a new Printer for home PC.

Happy Grumpy

This is the new generation with refillable ink tanks inside printer. Printer only about 3,500 baht but with scanner/copy about 4,400.

Canon Pixma Inkjet All In One Printer รุ่น G2000

http://www.lazada.co.th/canon-pixma-inkjet-all-in-one-printer-g2000-3941401.html

Canon-G2000.jpg

Really great that they start to use/sell printers with refillable cartridges. Selling new cartridges is usually the big money they make. Not paying a few hundred baht more to have a scanner would be insane. Do they also offer wireless?

I haven't had any luck with refillable cartridges, print heads clog up. Not that there's anything wrong with them except that I didn't use them enough. I bought an HP Deskjet 3545 ink saver. I have to say that the ink cartridges last much longer. I normally don't print color and it still has the original. It does a great job scanning and copying.

After a few weeks of the laser printer, I would never, ever, ever go back to an ink one.

Good for you that you are happy, but I love my all in one ink jet, as I scan / copy quite often and that would require at least an extra device and more hassle.

There's no such thing as a laser printer that also has a scanner?

After a few weeks of the laser printer, I would never, ever, ever go back to an ink one.

Good for you that you are happy, but I love my all in one ink jet, as I scan / copy quite often and that would require at least an extra device and more hassle.

For sure there is, but I am happy with my setup and I see no need to change.

As said (last comment I made in my post but you cut out) Glad that you are happy and that was meant.

:wai:

Edited by MJCM

I'm ditto'ing a Brother printer.

In general the problem with printers is the replacement cost of the ink cartridges.

On a sliding scale it's always appeared to me to be; HP-Canon-Epson-Brother, thats High to Low.

HP is very good at selling you a dirt cheap printer then raping you for the rest of your life for ink.

Go Brother

For sure there is, but I am happy with my setup and I see no need to change.

As said (comment you cut out) Glad that you are happy and that was meant.

wai.gif

Thanks.

But your comments are a bit weird.

Comes across that you've taken umbrage at a comment. Either that or someone told you that you should sell up and change over. biggrin.png

Have you used both inkjet and laser printers?

From my experience of using both, the laser printer comes out on top in every way, particularly the quality.

I have used both, even had a color laser printer available, but as said i am happy with my setup and I never have problems with clogged print heads as my pc automatically sends a print job every week to the printer. Easy peasy

:wai:

Edited by MJCM

One other thing to consider when it comes to printers.....how often do you actually use one anymore?

There was a time when I (we) all needed to print documents, pictures whatever, but those days are long gone.

I now find my 'need' for a printer is that once in a blue moon moment, painful if you haven't got one, but not often enough that I want to shell out big $ for one that sits idle for months on end

I never thought it was a big deal until I got a printer with it: WiFi. It's nice to be able to place the printer someplace other than the already-crowded computer desk top. Even in a different room. thumbsup.gif

• 1 month later...

We've been going at it hammer and thongs, and it's coming up to either refill the cartridge or buy a new one, whatever you do with with Laser Printers.

Brother HL 1210 W.

Cost isn't an issue, but we'd prefer to do so from the comfort of our home - ie - buy online.

any info or tips or links for buying such things over the net? Or experiences about buying and refilling in Bkk?

Thanks very much. :)