“You can’t always get what you want” – the Rolling Stones dump Trump

webfact

“You can’t always get what you want” – the Rolling Stones dump Trump
By Catherine Hardy | With AFP

606x341_331911.jpg

The Rolling Stones are no fans of US presidential hopeful Donald Trump.

The British mega-group has asked the Republican Party’s presumptive candidate to stop using their music as the soundtrack to his campaign.

Megastars Adele and REM have made the same request.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-05-06

This isn't the 1st that a Republican has been told to stop using a song by a rock band.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

As they say ...... Any publicity is good publicity ..... im sure some of them use for there own ends ... not that the `Stones need any help ... lol

I was wondering. I kept hearing the Stones' "Start me Up" song at Trump rallies (videos. I wasn't there in person), ....and wondered several times why the Stones allowed their song to become Trump's theme song. If campaigns know nothing else, they should know that you've got to get permission to use a musician's song. I can understand Trump not knowing that and/or not caring, but what about his minders? Trump is always bragging about how he gets the best people to work for him. None of them asked permission from the Stones to use their song as their theme song? If true, it proves yet again what a bullshitter Trump is.

If Keith and Mick were half as vindictive as Trump, they would slap a $20 million lawsuit on his pompous ass, for infringement of copyright.

This isn't the 1st that a Republican has been told to stop using a song by a rock band.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

As they say ...... Any publicity is good publicity ..... im sure some of them use for there own ends ... not that the `Stones need any help ... lol

Any publicity is good publicity for Trump too

Stones you are past your sell by date.

Butt out, stay out.

Butt out, stay out! What does that mean?

"Past your sell by date" - your hero Trump obviously doesn't think so! (A pity pollies don't have a use by date, Trump turns 70 next month.)

It doesn't matter what you, or anyone else thinks of the band or their music, no politician should be using it as part of a campaign without seeking permission. Doesn't the artist have a say in who uses their music or how they use it?

"The British mega-group has asked the Republican Party’s presumptive candidate to stop using their music as the soundtrack to his campaign"

A quite reasonable request.

Edited by Old Croc

This may be a breach of copyright issue rather than a no vote against Trump .No parties at the White House for the OAP's of rock.when Trump wins. They have made a good living from the states and perhaps should appreciate that and watch from the wings.

Fortunately the oaf is thick skinned

I've never heard of a politician disliked so intensely by all but the most foolish people

I really think it is the end of the GOP. American politics will now become multiparty I predict. Who knows, after HRC you might have a coalition!

I can't see any musicians agreeing to let Trump use their music. Sinatra?

I've never heard of a politician disliked so intensely by all but the most foolish people

I really think it is the end of the GOP. American politics will now become multiparty I predict. Who knows, after HRC you might have a coalition!

TWO CHORD NUGENT

Stones you are past your sell by date.

Butt out, stay out.

What?? The Stones want to butt out/stay out, but Trump keeps using their music. Did you even read the OP? Maybe the Stones should do what Trump always does and sue his ass off.

TWO CHORD NUGENT

Maybe some Mexican music?

TWO CHORD NUGENT

Good song for `Hillary... Cat scratch fever - Ted Nugent ...

Well, Hannity and Fox News love to use country western music as it is often patriotic, simplistic, and closer to the hearts of their constituency, but now with Fox and Republicans split on Trump, I suppose there is debate on that too.

I guess he could settle for old white guy music, maybe Elvis or something, but never Sinatra, wayy too classy. Wouldn't you love to see Trump do an Elvis impression?

Well, Hannity and Fox News love to use country western music as it is often patriotic, simplistic, and closer to the hearts of their constituency, but now with Fox and Republicans split on Trump, I suppose there is debate on that too.

I guess he could settle for old white guy music, maybe Elvis or something, but never Sinatra, wayy too classy. Wouldn't you love to see Trump do an Elvis impression?

Spare me, please!

I was wondering. I kept hearing the Stones' "Start me Up" song at Trump rallies (videos. I wasn't there in person), ....and wondered several times why the Stones allowed their song to become Trump's theme song. If campaigns know nothing else, they should know that you've got to get permission to use a musician's song. I can understand Trump not knowing that and/or not caring, but what about his minders? Trump is always bragging about how he gets the best people to work for him. None of them asked permission from the Stones to use their song as their theme song? If true, it proves yet again what a bullshitter Trump is.

If Keith and Mick were half as vindictive as Trump, they would slap a $20 million lawsuit on his pompous ass, for infringement of copyright.

I'm quite sure they sought permission to use their songs as the great grandfathers were probably supporters of Trump in the beginning but have no doubt had a change of heart due to his ever increasing rhetoric.

He didn't become a multi billionaire by chance.

You think Trump could give a flying fig what those OAP's say or think ?

Trump is a "know it all" who doesn't care what ANYONE thinks.

Nonsense. He cares if you say he has small hands. And he cares if you say he is worth less than 10 billion.

TWO CHORD NUGENT

Good song for `Hillary... Cat scratch fever - Ted Nugent ...

You mean.... Devil in a blue dress..... - Oh wait, She might not like that one.

I'm quite sure they sought permission to use their songs as the great grandfathers were probably supporters of Trump in the beginning but have no doubt had a change of heart due to his ever increasing rhetoric.

He didn't become a multi billionaire by chance.

So why do you think the Stones were supporters of Trump in the beginning? And why are you quite sure they sought permission?