Constantinos... Daily life in Thailand and what I see

Hello Constantinos ,

At large aperture the focus is on a few centimeters, or less; closing the diaphragm up to f / 4 or even f / 5.6 allows less focus errors;
as for the bokey, it is enough to get closer to the subject to photograph and it will remain the same as f / 2,8;
therefore use a focal length of 50 mm instead of a 200 mm.
In this photo I would have liked that the clothes and the face are really clear; This is not the case !
The focus is on the eyes, it's good, but the shallow depth of field does not allow to have a clean face

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

Hello Constantinos ,

At large aperture the focus is on a few centimeters, or less; closing the diaphragm up to f / 4 or even f / 5.6 allows less focus errors;
as for the bokey, it is enough to get closer to the subject to photograph and it will remain the same as f / 2,8;
therefore use a focal length of 50 mm instead of a 200 mm.
In this photo I would have liked that the clothes and the face are really clear; This is not the case !
The focus is on the eyes, it's good, but the shallow depth of field does not allow to have a clean face

This is a 7 years old photo! Shot and forgotten with some others! I just discovered them a few days ago! Thank you anyway!

Just now, faraday said:

What's the difference between bokay & depth of field?

Long time ago I used to be a very keen amateur photographer - did my own d&p, & to blur the background, used the aperture to achieve this.

Bokeh and depth of field are different terms! Both are controlled by the aperture opening though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2019 at 6:33 PM, Constantinos said:

Bokeh and depth of field are different terms! Both are controlled by the aperture opening though!

The bokeh designates in photography a background soft focus to detach the subject from its environment.
  it depends greatly on the architecture of the iris (number and shape of the petals), the content of the background and to a lesser extent the geometric quality of the lenses.

• Like 1