Do you have an IQ of 150 or more ?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly do not have a clue what the question is or the answer? Just numbers to me sorry. And I am supposed to have an high IQ. What do you want us to solve exactly? I am lost here so sorry. Does each equation stand alone or are they all related or what?Never mind I just got it.

Edited by lovelomsak

Why is the answer to the last question provided? If it's a test, the last line S/B 15+3 =. That way a person would need to pick up the pattern of all that go before, and arrive at the last answer from that pattern.

Answer: The pattern is that you subtract the first number from the second and write that down. Then you add the two numbers together and write that next to it. For instance the first line is 6+4=210. Subtract 4 from 6 and get 2. Then add 6+4 and get 10. So both answers, 2 and 10 make 210. That's the first line. All other lines will do the same with that method.

If you're really smart, you could get that last answer from the pattern of the first ones, but they gave the answer. There's no puzzle to solve other than proclaiming the pattern as I just did.

Cheers.

PS My IQ is 2,000, thank you. cheesy.gif

I showed it to my bargirl wifey and she solved it in 2 minutes. I'm telling you, she's very smart people.

How do I get the feeling you are not a farang ?

You said she is very smart people

I would have said she is a smart person

anybody agrees with me ?

How do I get the feeling that he is a troll, because in his previous posts his now bargirl wifey is an executive at some company.

IQ of 150...

Really depends on what test you are measured by.

Another fact is that really gets my goat, is these young barely teenagers who supposedly have higher IQ's than Einstein, fact is that a young person or elderly person will have their score weighted dependent upon their age, so it is possible for them to get a higher score than someone else who answers ever question correctly.

I would love to find out what has happened to those who hit the headlines years ago as being brighter than Einstein...

I saw that somewhere the other day ...maybe in the Daily Mail ...only took a few secs to suss it ... I certainly don't think it's a test of IQ at all

And saying "solve this." at least in the mathematical sense, is meaningless. Solve for what? You're actually asking what nontraditional, non-arithmetic operation does the + sign indicate and what does the "=" mean in this context.

Should probably have been set out as something like: x y Z and then ask what operation appears to be defined on the left and how is the result arranged on the right.

Apparently the rule is x y (x-y),(x+y) with the separator comma thrown in to avoid the implication that the bracketed terms are being multiplied and the operation would not be commutative.

Would get sort of messy if extended to allow x < y or to include surds, etc.

I saw that somewhere the other day ...maybe in the Daily Mail ...only took a few secs to suss it ... I certainly don't think it's a test of IQ at all

And saying "solve this." at least in the mathematical sense, is meaningless. Solve for what? You're actually asking what nontraditional, non-arithmetic operation does the + sign indicate and what does the "=" mean in this context.

Should probably have been set out as something like: x y Z and then ask what operation appears to be defined on the left and how is the result arranged on the right.

Apparently the rule is x y (x-y),(x+y) with the separator comma thrown in to avoid the implication that the bracketed terms are being multiplied and the operation would not be commutative.

Would get sort of messy if extended to allow x < y or to include surds, etc.

Exactly. But despite that, it still takes anyone with half a brain less than a minute to figure out.

An IQ test is only measuring logic and logical deductions.That doesent make you smart.Smart people combine logic with imagination and an open mind

willing to keep on learning no matter what.And,emosional intelligence is a prerequisite.

Easy

First row minus second row.= first digit

Sum first and and write it full out = following digits.

And no.. not 150 iq.. just between 120-135 depending on the test

Agreed, not difficult. Took a Mensa test when in my early 20's. Got 138. probably down to 111 now.I live here in Thailand and am getting old ,stupider and my short term memory is dysfunctional75% of the time, but still bright enough to complete the puzzle in about 7 seconds. Basically because I am regularly doing little online quizzes, keeps what’s left of my brain reasonably active in the highly educated society that I now belong too.

I certainly don't have a 150 IQ, so this doesn't qualify.

The pattern is very obvious. Change the + sign to - sign to get the first digit(s) 6 - 4 = 2 / 6 + 4 = 10 Now put them together to get 210

Edited by Inn Between

got it

6+4=10

150 iq sorted

thank you 18 years of state funded learning

minus 35 years of merlot, shiraz and beer

Beware the merlot. It's only a blender and should never be drunk by itself as it is corrosive to brain tissues.

Easy

First row minus second row.= first digit

Sum first and and write it full out = following digits.

And no.. not 150 iq.. just between 120-135 depending on the test

No ----

First NUMBER minus second NUMBER = 1st digit.

First number + second number = following digits.

got it

6+4=10

150 iq sorted

thank you 18 years of state funded learning

minus 35 years of merlot, shiraz and beer

Beware the merlot. It's only a blender and should never be drunk by itself as it is corrosive to brain tissues.

thanks cobber

now someone tells me

can i take legal action against, the aussie red wine industry?

I've seen this puzzle before and only needed a few seconds to work out how it was done. I'm not quite genius level but not far off with an IQ of 132, based on an IQ of 140 being required for membership of Mensa.

Alan

Come on guys I had only 5 answers but 55 views what about the 50 who did not answer ?tongue.png

Perhaps they were too intelligent to bother replying.

Oh, bother! Now I've created a conundrum for myself . . .

I'll have to read 'Catch 22' again.