New Chinese attraction: the hospital

pmugghc

Just now I arrived at the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, around 7am. There were 2 big buses unloading many Chinese tourists, they all received Garland's. Not sure what they are coming here for but they came touring.

Sorry about the spelling of attraction, maybe mods can fix?

post-244-14629288879718_thumb.jpg

Edited by pmugghc

Well the name tags suggest they were invited so perhaps they are here for checking out Thailand's hospitals for one reason or the other. I doubt anybody would go to a hospital on a holiday unless you have some sort of business there, I surly would not.

Well the name tags suggest they were invited.

Maybe the name tags are so they know who they are.

Or maybe false names in case they end up on social media again.

Edited by Bantex

Had to be one of two things. First, they could have all been medical workers of some level (nurses, doctors, etc.). Secondly, and perhaps more likely,

is that the TAT has started marketing to Chinese people the concept of Thailand as a first class Medical Hub. I've been to hospitals in China before.

Thailands hospitals, and BKK Hospital Pattaya, is a huge improvement over theirs. Wouldn't surprise me if they were all there for appointments to

have doctors treat them for whatever ailments they might have. Doctor visits in China are cheap, but the doctors are not of the same quality as those

that are here. And if you've lived in Pattaya for over 6-8 years, you know that the prices used to be VERY reasonable at BKK Hosp Pattaya. Only after

the second wing was build did the prices sharply rise here. Opinions about this hospital are mixed, for sure. Even I have had mixed results there. But

overall they are competent and thorough.

I experienced the same thing about a week ago at Pattaya International Hospital over on Soi 4. There was a bus that unloaded all of these Chinese and they were indeed being checked out for an unknown reason by the staff and doctor. I did notice that there were a couple of them suffering from stomach pain.

No idea, just glad to get checked out and out of there, what a zoo. Very noisy, pushy and indifferent.

there are organized tours to make thailand able to catch up wioth chinese language and culture to be able to get the money form the people and support them the treatment needed.

this was announced not so long ago as one otf the goals of the government to fulfill the needs of the people and for Thailand to become the hub.

Well the name tags suggest they were invited so perhaps they are here for checking out Thailand's hospitals for one reason or the other. I doubt anybody would go to a hospital on a holiday unless you have some sort of business there, I surly would not.

Its possible the name tags may have been for another reason...guzzi............................coffee1.gif

A Chinese man has died in a river in Beijing.----Police say that he may have been saved if the first 5 people to see him hadn't thought they were looking at their reflection.

Post #8 gives plausible explanations for me.

I don't think it's ordinary tourists but some special interest/job group getting a guided tour through the hospital.

I guess a Chinese speaking Thai employee at the board.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Could it be they were being sold the benefits of Medical Tourism in Thailand? It's a big business that is getting bigger and bigger.

India cheaper.

Thailand is getting to expensive, they will loose out in years to come

to other countries. greedy sods thumbsup.gif

I experienced the same thing about a week ago at Pattaya International Hospital over on Soi 4. There was a bus that unloaded all of these Chinese and they were indeed being checked out for an unknown reason by the staff and doctor. I did notice that there were a couple of them suffering from stomach pain.

You've got to hand it to the Thai tour guides: get commission for taking your bus-load of Chinese tourists to a cheap hotpot buffet somewhere, and then get more commission 4 hours later from BPH when they all get food poisoning.

For those who dont make it he probably also has a deal with the local crematorium.

Could it be they were being sold the benefits of Medical Tourism in Thailand? It's a big business that is getting bigger and bigger.

India cheaper.

Based on recent events of Chinese and balconies, are the balconies a bit higher in India?

quite obviously a professional " junket" of some type.

Not everyone that goes to Pattaya is a sex tourist.

Even I have friends that tell me they only go to Pattaya for the golf !!!

Yes, probably more professional than tourism...

just seeing how things are done in Capitalist Thailand, the efficiency of the cashier must be a culture shock to them but at least the did not have to worry about some doc whipping out a kidney ..or two.

India cheaper.

You never miss a chance to be negative and do some Thai bashing!

Never heard of India as a medical tourism destination. Personally I wouldn't go there for it.

few years ago, they would take the chinese tour group to mike shopping mall, against their will, and try to rip them there.

Now it seems, the thai get smarter...laugh.png they take the chinese tour group to the hospitallaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

This has been going on for sometime. What Bangkok Pattaya is doing is selling medical checkup packages to Chinese tour groups. This was what they were doing for the Russian until their economy tanked. This is what BPH has turn into for a number of years now it is all about the money!

Edited by thailand49

Probberly be the early stages of some greedy corporate scheme in the making. whistling.gif

the chinese hosiptals are the pits ,everything is bassawkwards . there is no motivation to improve so they do not . different wards will try to steal patients , the nursers control the building and are always scheming about how to do less and charge more it is not a surprise that people find Thai hospitals something to see . .