UK: Queen overheard calling Chinese officials 'very rude'

webfact

Queen overheard calling Chinese officials 'very rude'

LONDON: -- The Queen has been caught on camera saying Chinese officials were "very rude" during last year's state visit by President Xi Jinping.

She was discussing their treatment of Britain's ambassador to China with a senior police officer at a Buckingham Palace garden party on Tuesday.

It came after David Cameron was overheard saying Afghanistan and Nigeria were "fantastically corrupt".

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36263685

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2016-05-11

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rudeness a very interesting topic. In what does it consist? Thais tell me I am very rude. I say Thais are extremely rude, certainly to foreigners. In Europe the conventions of politeness and manners are well established. Thais think Chinese are very rude. Have no insight on Chinese manners in London!!

It is not only Westerners to complain about rude behavior. I have close friends from China and Hong Kong. Some years back, they traveled a lot on business and noted how well-mannered most people were in western countries. One of them returned to Hong Kong on a flight that contained a small Chinese tour group. This was in the days before there was a lot of Chinese tour groups. He commented that he was very ashamed to be Chinese when he saw how they behaved.

My friends from China had a lot of examples of behavior that just was not acceptable and some down right dangerous -- such as getting out of their seat before a plane had landed and get their bags and try to get to the door.

I hope the Queen doesn't cop too much grief over her remarks.

It is not only Westerners to complain about rude behavior. I have close friends from China and Hong Kong. Some years back, they traveled a lot on business and noted how well-mannered most people were in western countries. One of them returned to Hong Kong on a flight that contained a small Chinese tour group. This was in the days before there was a lot of Chinese tour groups. He commented that he was very ashamed to be Chinese when he saw how they behaved.

My friends from China had a lot of examples of behavior that just was not acceptable and some down right dangerous -- such as getting out of their seat before a plane had landed and get their bags and try to get to the door.

such as getting out of their seat before a plane had landed and get their bags and try to get to the door.

I used to fly every couple of months into China. That is a hallmark of Chinese upon landing approach.

She won't cop too much grief she's handled far worse than this, with dignity.

such as getting out of their seat before a plane had landed and get their bags and try to get to the door.

I used to fly every couple of months into China. That is a hallmark of Chinese upon landing approach.

They do that when flying to Australia and then spend three hours at customs going through their luggage and paying fines for all the crappy food they haven't declared. biggrin.png

It's when you see the pilot doing it that you should really start to worry.

The sad thing is that this was 'overheard' at the Queens garden party, and someone who was attending has reported it and the BBC have gone to print on it. It is about time the BBC licence fee was scrapped and people in the UK allowed to have a choice.

Good for the Queen. Obviously she felt they were rude. I like the Queen. Cameron, although a tax dodger was more than likely 'on the money' too. For goodness sake why do people get so precious. You tell em your Majesty. oh man she is a feisty Queen.

The sad thing is that this was 'overheard' at the Queens garden party, and someone who was attending has reported it and the BBC have gone to print on it. It is about time the BBC licence fee was scrapped and people in the UK allowed to have a choice.

It was the palace cameraman who passed it on to msm. I guess he didn't check beforehand.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

I felt the same way when unlucky enough to be on a return flight home with an a trolley dolly and her friends returning from their holiday.... Many passengers complained about their raucous behaviour, but were told (and the stewards were obviously embarrassed about it), that they could only do their best to keep them quiet. Understandable, they were in an awkward situation.

Its the one and only time my husband wrote a letter of complaint biggrin.png !

I 'sort of' feel sorry for the queen - it must be a nightmare worrying about whether genuine spoken feelings can be overheard and reported.

Pretty sure the Chinese found it rude when the Brits were pumping China full of opium.

China's got a lot of reasons to be 'rude' to the Brits.

The worm has turned and it really doesn't matter what the old dame thinks. She's offended? OK.

They didn't find the Opium relaxing?

It’s hard to get any details on exactly what upset the Chinese at the place called Lancaster house?

Apparently they were shown an exhibition of collaborative work between the two countries so it is hard to understand how they could have taken offence about that. Surely they would have been briefed well in advance as to what they were going to be shown?

Pretty sure the Chinese found it rude when the Brits were pumping China full of opium.

The worm has turned and it really doesn't matter what the old dame thinks. She's offended? OK.

This.

The Chinese are now in a position not to give a single solitary sh!t if we in the bankrupt UK think they are rude. The worm has turned indeed...

They didn't find the Opium relaxing?

Oh good times were had I'm sure, but it kind of set productivity back a touch.