Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Cannot believe you lot think that he will not go to United,the deal is done he is and will be Uniteds next manager. FACT ;)

It is common knowledge in Manchester.

Thats the common knowledge then of people that know chuff all. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Your fan base is such that you dropped off the first page! :shock1:

Anyway, whilst i'm on here, what does the bookies spread look like on how long it will be before Torres scores?

12/1 he don't score again this season. Might have a pony on that methinks....:rolleyes:

Anyway, whilst i'm on here, what does the bookies spread look like on how long it will be before Torres scores?

12/1 he don't score again this season. Might have a pony on that methinks....:rolleyes:

A pony :shock1: Better make it a monkey if i were you. :ermm::whistling:

i need to contact singher immediately........i think smokies really going to upset someone with his actions :ph34r:

Torres told to improve :D

Carlo Anceloti has admitted that Fernando Torres must start performing better but has dismissed suggestions that his arrival has unsettled Didier Drogba.

Torres has still not scored since moving to Chelsea from Liverpool in a £50million deal at the end of January.

He was dropped to the substitutes' bench for the 1-1 draw with Stoke on Saturday, before enduring more frustration during a 30-minute cameo in the second half.

Ancelotti has previously played down the 27-year-old's goal drought and remains convinced that he will soon start to link up with his team-mates more effectively.

The Blues manager has called on the other players to make Torres' job easier by spotting his clever runs, but also concedes that the Spaniard needs to contribute more.

"He has to improve, obviously," Ancelotti said in the News of the World.

"But this has been his first two months here. If he has some difficulties building relationships with the players, that can happen.

"Sometimes he moves very well on the wrong side of the centre-back and the ball does not arrive at the same time so we have to improve this."

Torres has struggled to build up an on-field rapport with Drogba but Ancelotti has laughed off claims that the Ivory Coast international is reluctant to pass to his new team-mate.

"This is pub talk," he said. "When we drink in Italy we usually say 'bar sport'.

"If there is a possibility, they pass the ball without problem."

The arrival of Torres fuelled speculation that Drogba's days at Stamford Bridge could be numbered, but the former Marseille forward's reaction has pleased Ancelotti.

He said: "I spoke with Didier about this and his thought is this: that Torres is here to improve the power of the team. And, for this reason, he is happy.

"If he thought that Chelsea had bought Torres to replace him, obviously he would not be happy."

Chelsea have the edge over Man Utd, says Nemanja Vidic

Nemanja Vidic says Chelsea's recent record against Manchester United gives the Blues the upper hand ahead of their Champions League quarter-final meeting.

United go to Stamford Bridge for Wednesday's first leg without an away win over Chelsea for nine years.

"They have an edge because they had good ones [results] against us," said the United defender. "But this is the Champions League. The name of the game on Wednesday is to get an away goal."

Vidic could find himself playing against Fernando Torres, an opponent who seemed to thrive against him when he played for Liverpool, but who is still awaiting his first goal for Chelsea since his £50m move to London.

Chelsea's strikers have struggled to hit the target of late, with many of their goals coming from midfielders or even defenders, but Vidic said United would not be reading anything into this.

"It doesn't give us any confidence," he added. "Chelsea have good strikers, and we have a lot of respect for them.

"Just because they haven't been scoring goals, they will still be doing their best. And in a cup tie, what matters is who wins, not who gets the goals."

Although United beat Chelsea on penalties in the 2008 Champions League final in Moscow and in the 2010 Community Shield at Wembley, their record at Stamford Bridge in recent years is poor.

They have already been beaten there in the Premier League this season, a game in which Vidic was sent off.

But despite a poor run of results in West London, Vidic says United's displays there have given them grounds for optimism.

"Our performances at Chelsea in the last two or three years have been really good," he said.

"We have played some good football but in the end, we didn't get good results. Now I am thinking we should play badly and win."

i need to contact singher immediately........i think smokies really going to upset someone with his actions :ph34r:

How about a double with Andy Carroll?

How about a double with Andy Carroll?

Now thats an interesting one is that. I don't think its going to be a huge surprise if Carroll does'nt score. He's a largely unproven 21 year old with limited experience that Comolli spunked 35m of someone elses money on. I still think he's in the England team because theres a huge price tag on him now "so he must be good" coupled with the fact that England are largely <deleted> anyway.

Torres is a completely different thing. World class and proven, a far better player than Carroll will ever dream of being, but going through a "longterm" slump. He has already proven that he can produce.

Andy Carroll has proven he was an above average championship player that had quite a good half season in the premier league. He has the potential to be a good player.

The desperation which greeted Chelsea's Champions League defeat to Manchester United deepened today after the club's latest financial figures revealed an increasing reliance on owner Roman Abramovich's wealth.

Chelsea's holding company, Fordstam Limited, revealed the club owe just under £739.5million in loans underwritten by Abramovich since he bought the club from Ken Bates in 2003.

It comes after the club announced in January losses of £71m for the year ending 30 June 2010 despite winning the Premier League and FA Cup in that time and spending just £1m net on transfers.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23939808-euro-dream-weighing-heavily-on-roman-abramovich.do

:D

Benayoun - Save our season

Yossi Benayon has admitted that Chelsea will be playing to keep their season alive when they tackle Manchester United on Tuesday night in the second leg of their UEFA Champions League quarter-final.

The Blues trail United by 11 points in the Premier League and, despite having a game in hand, appear unlikely to defend their title.

Europe has therefore become the priority and Chelsea must overturn a 1-0 deficit at Old Trafford if they are to advance to the semi-finals.

Benayoun is confident Chelsea can see off their English rivals and acknowledges there will be little else to play for if they fail.

"Everyone knows - the manager, the players - that we are playing to save our season," said the midfielder.

"It's most likely from here we will finish in the top three or four and be in the Champions League next season. That's almost done.

"The only thing left is to try to win a trophy and the only trophy we can win is the Champions League. We have to do our best and give everything.

"If we win this game, it will change everything.

"I'm sure that, if we beat United, we will go to the end and win the trophy. It is our final on Tuesday."

He added: "I think we have the belief we can do it despite losing 1-0 at home. We can win there.

"We know we have to do everything because, if not, it will be our last game in the Champions League. "We have to give everything and try our best. Let's hope it will be enough."

Saturday's Premier League win over Wigan saw Benayoun come off the bench to make his first Chelsea appearance for more than six months following a serious Achilles injury.

"When I went on, after a few minutes I found it hard to breathe," the 30-year-old said. "I sprinted up and back and just thought, 'Oh my God!'.

"So I needed a few minutes to recover but that's normal after seven months out."

Benayoun, who moved to Stamford Bridge from Liverpool last summer, added: "I had a big injury and, since the day I got injured, I've concentrated on getting myself built up and back again.

"I worked hard and did everything. I'd never been in they gym before I came to Chelsea and I think I've spent the last four months in there working on my own.

"I might even have got a little bit bigger! "I know I'm not ready for 90 minutes but I was happy to play 45."

That does not mean the Israel captain would not jump at the chance to start against United.

"I'd be happy if I played five minutes," said Benayoun. "If the manager asked me to start, I would give everything for as long as I lasted."

:whistling: Benayoun=The Messiah

He's a better, more handsome version of Luca Modric..

Beauty in the eye of the beholder as usual....just ask Hodgson/Rafa et al....

Don't mention this to Baron von Greenback though he's a bit sensitive like. :whistling:

If i did'nt know oyu were joking it would have been the most ridiculous one liner in months. (Quite why he isn't in the shortlist for P of the S is beyond me.) Wait till Mobi hears that one. It'll be another ticking off like on the "stranded in Thailand" thread. :o

And its spelt "luka" him being from Croatia and all that.

If i did'nt know oyu were joking it would have been the most ridiculous one liner in months. (Quite why he isn't in the shortlist for P of the S is beyond me.) Wait till Mobi hears that one. It'll be another ticking off like on the "stranded in Thailand" thread. :o

And its spelt "luka" him being from Croatia and all that.

Are you saying he isn't more handsome then ??

Mobi can completely do one too, he's only here for the Poonani anyway, i worked that out in the same Thread..;)

& with regards to the spelling of hiss name, i generally refer to him as something very different to " Luka "..

Rat Faced Rent Boy or Weasel Faced Arse are the two most common..

Seapok will be at Kings Cross now i would have thought..

So.....just thought i would ask?

How do you see the game going tonight,if that is... their is anyone here?

Great game for the neutral but nerves of steel for those involved i think,anyway is anybody at home?

All about Ladyboy and Dogshit performing i think for you,and obviously you trying to stop our counter attacks from the midfield springers.

hello? hello? B)

MrRed

Posted Today, 09:29

So.....just thought i would ask?

How do you see the game going tonight,if that is... their is anyone here?

Great game for the neutral but nerves of steel for those involved i think,anyway is anybody at home?

All about Ladyboy and Dogshit performing i think for you,and obviously you trying to stop our counter attacks from the midfield springers.

hello? hello?

I do hope Sing makes a prediction after his wish for Mcity :D

PS Hello Hello - is the first line of a song that used to be sung at Ibrox :D

BT

Seapok will be in the Midlands i would have thought by now, on the Train, somewhere just North of New Street i'd guess..

Prediction = 2-2

Torres will break his duck as he's a big Game Player.:unsure:

United of Manchester will then go 2-1 ahead with Chelsea scoring late on to salvage a little bit of pride, not that it'll matter..

Edited by MSingh

Seapok should be in Manchester by now, having a Booze i would have thought, taking in the big Match aptmosphere..

Seapok must be in the Northern Quarter right now...enjoying a few cheeky cocktails....probably pissed in by the Manc barman....yum yum....or maybe he took my advice and nipped in the Marble Arch....!

Edited by smokie36

Seapok should be in Manchester by now, having a Booze i would have thought, taking in the big Match aptmosphere..

Seapok must be in the Northern Quarter right now...enjoying a few cheeky cocktails....probably pissed in by the Manc barman....yum yum....or maybe he took my advice and nipped in the Marble Arch....!

He'll be in the Ground by now i would have thought, Burger and all..

Havin' a crafty fag downstairs....by the exit....well I did....!...:D

#3448 smokie36

MSingh, on 2011-04-12 19:04:48, said:

smokie36, on 2011-04-12 18:54:34, said:

MSingh, on 2011-04-12 14:36:31, said:

Havin' a crafty fag downstairs....by the exit....well I did....!...

After that result more like a flood of tears by the exit - Manager must go... :ph34r:

BT :D