Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Hallo,

it was reported in our newspapers that my Hamburg SV has signed up Michael Mancienne and Jacopo Sala from Chelsea. Never heard about these players.

Does anybody have some information about them?

Try a thing called google search :o you might find something of interest there ;)

Hallo Alfie,

many thanks for you advise. But I was looking for some more personal opinion about those two players.

It seems that you are not the right person to answer my questions. Thanks anyway for your efforts.

You won't get much of a personal opinion on this thread :o there seems to be only one chels poster on here and all he does is mostly c & p :D

Edited by alfieconn

Hallo Alfie,

many thanks for you advise. But I was looking for some more personal opinion about those two players.

It seems that you are not the right person to answer my questions. Thanks anyway for your efforts.

Mancienne plays like he's in a dream.He has been on loan at Wolverhampton Wanderers for a couple of seasons.Talented centre back/full back who,like a lot of young players nowadays play football in their own comfort zone.i.e give them plenty of time and they look the business,get them under pressure and they panic.Glad to see the back of him.

Jacabo Sala is a promising youngster that I was hoping we would hang on to.Tall,skilful midfielder who has improved this season.Not particularly quick (we only employ slow players at this club,we soon knock the pace out of players that come here) but gets about the field and is not afraid to tackle.

Hallo Alfie,

You won't get much of a personal opinion on this thread :o there seems to be only one chels poster on here and all he does is mostly c & p :D

There are those of us who prefer not to post nonsense every five minutes and only become involved when we've got something to say.

Hallo Alfie,

Mancienne plays like he's in a dream.He has been on loan at Wolverhampton Wanderers for a couple of seasons.Talented centre back/full back who,like a lot of young players nowadays play football in their own comfort zone.i.e give them plenty of time and they look the business,get them under pressure and they panic.Glad to see the back of him.

Jacabo Sala is a promising youngster that I was hoping we would hang on to.Tall,skilful midfielder who has improved this season.Not particularly quick (we only employ slow players at this club,we soon knock the pace out of players that come here) but gets about the field and is not afraid to tackle.

Thanks for that og, very informative, you can go back to sleep now :D

Hallo Alfie,

Thanks for that og, very informative, you can go back to sleep now :D

Hall Old Git,

many thanks for your information. Looking very much forward that those two youngsters may help the HSV to achieve a better postition than only 8th like last season.

And Alfie, if you don't have any better to do than giving totally unqualified comments like "go back to sleep now", you better shut up and look for another thread. I really feel sorry for you.

Hallo,

there seems to be a new team coming up: The FC Chelsea Hamburg. The HSV seems more and more to become a branch of the London club.

After Mancienne and Sala Hamburg seems interested to sign as well Jeffrey Bruma as Goekhan Toere. Both played a significant role in the recent final of the world famous "Barclays Premier Reserve League" where Chelsea won the title against the Blackburn Rovers. Anybody noticed that? Then you must have been amongst the record (!) crowd of 799 spectators.

Well, anyway, if the former Chelsea sports manager Frank Arnesen, now sports director in this German team, thinks that those youngsters will help Hamburg, then let it be like that.

And Alfie, if you don't have any better to do than giving totally unqualified comments like "go back to sleep now", you better shut up and look for another thread. I really feel sorry for you.

Nice to see a German with a sense of humour 13.gif:D

Edited by alfieconn

Hallo Alfie,

yeah, agree about mancienne. clearly talented but looks lazy, another one of those young players who is happy with the big wages and doesn't seem bothered about kicking on.

first thing i'd do as chelsea boss this summer would be get scott sinclair back in the squad from swansea. had a fine season that lad.

Hallo Alfie,

yeah, agree about mancienne. clearly talented but looks lazy, another one of those young players who is happy with the big wages and doesn't seem bothered about kicking on.

first thing i'd do as chelsea boss this summer would be get scott sinclair back in the squad from swansea. had a fine season that lad.

Mancienne and his ilk are armchair players,quite happy to plod along at their own pace and would have no thought of producing something out of the ordinary.THE most important thing is that they look good and don't <deleted>> up.The Premier League is littered with them.No can do,as far as Sinclair is concerned, as we sold him to Swansea for a song.The club's 'judges' decided that Kalou was a better long term proposition.Money for old rope.

We certainly do seem afraid in trying out the youth players apart from Josh McEachran, I just hope we don't go out splashing millions on over the hill mercenaries, it doesn't really give the youth team much confidence, heard we are trying to hijack Snjider now, great player but do we have room in midfield? Looking forward to seeing what deadwood we get rid of in the summer and seeing the new signings play when I'm in Bangkok :D

We certainly do seem afraid in trying out the youth players apart from Josh McEachran, I just hope we don't go out splashing millions on over the hill mercenaries, it doesn't really give the youth team much confidence, heard we are trying to hijack Snjider now, great player but do we have room in midfield? Looking forward to seeing what deadwood we get rid of in the summer and seeing the new signings play when I'm in Bangkok :D

Hope to see you there,S.I'll let you know.

I'd like to see McEachran be given a run in the team next season as I think he's a class act but I hope he doesn't settle back into his 'armchair' and does the obvious.Perhaps it's the fear factor but he should be told, by whoever takes over (please Abramovich,not that crook Redknapp) that he'll have a 10 game run in the side.Snijder was superb under Mourinho but I would be concerned that his best years are behind him and we've got enough of those at the club.

Billy Clifford is another young player that we need to encourage.He's a good, young,prospect who could be the answer to our pedestrian midfield.

I'd like to see McEachran be given a run in the team next season as I think he's a class act but I hope he doesn't settle back into his 'armchair' and does the obvious.Perhaps it's the fear factor but he should be told, by whoever takes over (please Abramovich,not that crook Redknapp) that he'll have a 10 game run in the side.Snijder was superb under Mourinho but I would be concerned that his best years are behind him and we've got enough of those at the club.

Billy Clifford is another young player that we need to encourage.He's a good, young,prospect who could be the answer to our pedestrian midfield.

i don't think you need worry about scrotum face managing you. Seems like its almost certainly Hiddink, which means that if the crook wins his trial next month were going to be stuck with him. i have a strong feeling though Mr Redknapp is going to be made an example off.

Anyway, good to see you back on the forum Arthur. i like your posts and the lad seapok needs some company. :D

Edited by carmine

In all these years, i guess i just thought you might have made mention of it without having to be directly questioned. Still, that said, most of your input is cutting and posting other people's opinions so really no reason to assume we know how Seapok feels on much at all, apart from the obvious love for Chelsea. Not criticising by the way. Totally up to you what you post. All i'm saying is that i would be genuinely interested to what you think some of the time.

Mind you there is only so much you can say about owners.

I dont suppose you much like the Glaziers but they havent actually interfered in the running of the business and the business is sitting there with 170m of cash on the balance sheet at the moment (Man U that is).

Chelsea on the other hand have been living off a very large drip feed from Abromavich over the last 8 years without which the club wouldnt have grown to be as successful as it is. And with those large injections of cash any fair supporter must allow the owner a degree of interference so that he can allow whatever manager he likes to run the club. Admittedly many supporters suspect Abromavich could have saved a packet if he had stuck with one of his managers and left him to it but that is the way it is.

It is sort of noticeable that Ferguson never complains about the Glaziers because although he might not have had unlimited funds he has not been interfered with and Chelsea fans do not complain about Abromavich because although he constantly interferes he does provide unlimited funds.

How is it when the club one love is run by, yes someone with a lot of funds, but also someone whom clearly has not the slightest idea about how to run a sports club?

Kind of starts to wonder whether Roman indeed is a business man or just someone who happened to get his hands on a lot of money.

How many Managers (and players) come and gone the last years?

This surely must hurt the clubs fans a lot.

If he one day decides to sell the club to cut his losses, the road to obscurity can be very short.

This is the nightmare scenario I used to have regarding Man U, and the Glaziers.

But then again, Man U have a huge fan base, and a steady revenue.

Surely this scenario is something the respectable Chelsea fans think about?

Must be Arfur then ....ya can't mean Seapok surely?

:cheesy: :cheesy:

Nobody in particular.

The decent/respectable fans in general.

What you on about Smokie? I'm a very respectable fan I have you know. Obviously lover of the mighty blues but lover of football and most sports in general.

How is it when the club one love is run by, yes someone with a lot of funds, but also someone whom clearly has not the slightest idea about how to run a sports club?

Kind of starts to wonder whether Roman indeed is a business man or just someone who happened to get his hands on a lot of money.

If he one day decides to sell the club to cut his losses, the road to obscurity can be very short.

This is the nightmare scenario I used to have regarding Man U, and the Glaziers.

First of all you should remember where Chelsea have come from since Abromavich took the club over. IMHO they were on very shakey ground financially and could easily have disappeared into obscurity then. I dont think the club would have amounted to much if Abromavich hadnt come in to save them.

The main point though is that Abromavich may have spent at least 750m quid on Chelsea but it has not been wasted. He has actually built up a considerable business. Admittedly it is still losing money to get quite so high up the table that it is but in terms of revenues it is certainly a very big club. Its revenue base is already some 20m ahead of LFC even if both teams are competing like for like in the CL (which Liverpool isnt) and is at least double the revenue of the seventh highest premier league club.

Abromavich has financed the club entirely out of equity so even when he quits, the club is unlikely to be lumbered with large debts. They would of course not be able to run at a loss every year but they easily have a revenue base to breakeven and remain in the top 6. In other words Chelsea have gone well beyond the point of returning to obscurity.

Basically Chelsea fans have had to put up with his interference but they have got a lot in return.

What you on about Smokie? I'm a very respectable fan I have you know. Obviously lover of the mighty blues but lover of football and most sports in general.

Sorry mate I must have mistook you for that bloke on CCTV running from the scene up in Cardiff. Thanks for setting me straight. :)

Now to business....Drogba for £3m please? B)

Sorry mate I must have mistook you for that bloke on CCTV running from the scene up in Cardiff. Thanks for setting me straight. :)

Now to business....Drogba for £3m please? B)

Hahahahaha the best marksmen (on his day) in the EPL for £3m? dream on son, he has already committed his future to Chelsea so won't be going to 3 point lane I'm afraid, you will have to put up with your strikers having another poor season! :D

Hahahahaha the best marksmen (on his day) in the EPL for £3m? dream on son, he has already committed his future to Chelsea so won't be going to 3 point lane I'm afraid, you will have to put up with your strikers having another poor season! :D

I liked the way you slipped in the "on his day" bit.

I noticed a rather interesting statistic relating to Spurs strikers or perhaps lack of them the other day. In the list of top 15 footballers who created most goal scoring chances Spurs were one of only two teams that included two players (LFC had none). Modric (no surprise) created 64 goal scoring chances and Aaron Lennon 63. What stood out though was that from the 127 chances created only 5 turned into goals or 'assists' - 2 for Lennon and 3 for Modric. Leighton Barnes on the other hand had 11 assists from his 63 chances created. If Spurs had had the average number of assists per chance created of the top 15 players, they would have scored 10 more goals.

Not much point in creating goal scoring opportunities if you are not going to put them in the back of the net.

First of all you should remember where Chelsea have come from since Abromavich took the club over. IMHO they were on very shakey ground financially and could easily have disappeared into obscurity then. I dont think the club would have amounted to much if Abromavich hadnt come in to save them.

The main point though is that Abromavich may have spent at least 750m quid on Chelsea but it has not been wasted. He has actually built up a considerable business. Admittedly it is still losing money to get quite so high up the table that it is but in terms of revenues it is certainly a very big club. Its revenue base is already some 20m ahead of LFC even if both teams are competing like for like in the CL (which Liverpool isnt) and is at least double the revenue of the seventh highest premier league club.

Abromavich has financed the club entirely out of equity so even when he quits, the club is unlikely to be lumbered with large debts. They would of course not be able to run at a loss every year but they easily have a revenue base to breakeven and remain in the top 6. In other words Chelsea have gone well beyond the point of returning to obscurity.

Basically Chelsea fans have had to put up with his interference but they have got a lot in return.

Good post,mate.

There is no doubt that,if Chelsea hadn't beaten Liverpool on the final day of the 2002-2003 season and qualified for the Champions League,the club would have gone under.I don't think Abramovich would have stepped in without this.Now he's got the fever and according to Marcel Desailly,the only thing wrong with Abramovich is his "obsession with the club".That may be so but an even greater concern is his choice of 'advisors' at the club.

OG, I will text you from my Thai number when I'm in town so we can arrange a drink, I've got tickets for myself and the missus, if you can't go to the game we could meet after...well there is plenty of time to organise I'm just thinking out loud! haha

• 2 weeks later...

blimey, 15m for a new manager?

Yeah its a lot to pay and quite a big gamble by Abramovich but if we can get Hiddink as Director of football also it will be quite an exciting prospect. AVB is a very young manager so will need to stand up and show what he is made of in the dressing room

to get all the older players on his side. I'm already looking forward to the new season! :D