Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

It looks like Benitez will be accepting the cudgel not if,but when Villas Boas goes.

benitez was offered it and turned it down last week OG.

I missed that bombshell.dam_n!

didn't get much press coverage, strangely.

That was awful and it was the first time I've seen Villas Boas,at an after match interview,looking extremely fed up with the whole business.I think there is a concerted effort now,from within the playing staff,to see the back of him.The biggest shame is that this 'battle of minds' between Villas Boas and the 'old guard' is effecting the younger players in the team.Mata is steadily deteriorating and Ramires had probably one of his quietest games and looked a shadow of the talent we saw at the start of the season.The worrying thing is they both looked off the pace.Gary Cahill must be wondering what he's walked into here.It's like a Thai soap opera.Luiz is chancing his arm too many times with his forays upfield, probably because he can see nothing happening in front of him.I don't buy this lack of confidence <deleted> as we had a good win against Bolton the previous weekend.No,there's a conspiracy between the old stagers (and maybe Abramovich as he seems to listen to them more than the succession of managers he's employed) to topple this young upstart and I think now,for the first time,it will happen.Mind you,Villas Boas didn't help himself by substituting the teams two best players on the day,Essien and Ivanovic.

There are plenty of possibles waiting in the wings to take over but most of them will want Champions League football.I don't think Mourinho is one of them as he's too 'pally' with Terry,Drogba,Cole,Lampard etc. who are exactly the people who should be kicked out.I can't see Capello accepting the poison chalice as he seemingly thinks John Terry walks on water.Guardiola hasn't signed a new contract at Barcelona but he would need a kings ransom to fashion a team to play his brand of football.It looks like Benitez will be accepting the cudgel not if,but when Villas Boas goes.

I agree with most of what you have said Oldgit,Mouriniho would be offered the job but over Abrahomvich,s dead body,he won,t admit he has interfered with his buying of certain players and his backing of Mouriniho,s so called untouchables,which has brought us to where we are today.Up shit creek without a paddle.

If Mouriniho was too come back i don,t he would have any problems in sorting Terry out, being as it was Terry who was the main instigator in him going

oh dear. sacked the wrong 30-something there.

abramovich is a joke. amazing he doesn't get more flak than he does.

I think the wrong one was appointed.

until certain overly-powerful members of the playing staff are gone from that club then it doesn't matter who they appoint.

13.3m transfer fee for one of the brightest young coaches in europe then you fire him after 7 months. abramovich is an arsehol_e.

Win percentage is the right hand column. Never got to understand why Butch had to go.

Claudio Ranieri 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.pngItaly September 2000 May 2004 200 107 46 47 358 199 54% see below [24]

José Mourinho 22px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.pngPortugal June 2004 September 2007 185 124 405 21 330 119 67% see below [25]

Avram Grant 22px-Flag_of_Israel.svg.pngIsrael September 2007 May 2008 54 36 136 5 97 36 67% see below [26]

Luiz Felipe Scolari 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.pngBrazil July 2008 February 2009 36 20 117 5 66 24 56% - [27]

Ray Wilkins+ 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.pngEngland February 2009 February 2009 1 1 0 0 3 1 100% - [28]

Guus Hiddink+ 22px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.pngNetherlands February 2009 May 2009 22 16 5 1 41 19 73% see below [29]

Carlo Ancelotti 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.pngItaly June 2009 May 2011 109 67 208 22 241 94 61% see below [30]

Andre Villas-Boas 22px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.pngPortugal June 2011 March 2012 38 19 109 9 65 43 50% see below [31][32]

Roberto Di Matteo 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.pngItaly March 2012 Present 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Edited by mrbojangles
Edit in an attempt to fix the table

I'm just wondering why it took so long. A Man Utd fan friend said he hopes Steve McClaren gets the job. Unless things are turned around soon Fulham will finished above the Blues. Sackcloth and ashes time.

Positive editing appreciated mrbojangles

A list Mr Abramovich needs to be thinking about. No way to run a business.

Easy making money.. or losing money.. when you made it the easy way in the first place.

Mr A's interest in Chelsea is ego.

Man City owners see a real business opportunity. If they enjoy the football at the same time, good on 'em.

Mourhino did the football. Abramovich was a punter in an expensive seat.

Ask his girlfriend.

Good luck to DiMateo. But can he kick out the lunatics who are running the asylum?

not if you believe some of the stuff in here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2110222/Andre-Villas-Boas-sacked--Roman-Abramovich-blames-players.html

that car park 'game' sounds like the sort of crap the spice boys used to pull at liverpool.

Good luck to DiMateo. But can he kick out the lunatics who are running the asylum?

Imagine what a good team Chelsea would have if they spent their money on players rathers than hiring and firing managers.

The same guy who was sacked by WBA....!!!

The annoying thing is that as long as he plays stooge to those overpaid underperforming spoilt blabbermouths they Chelsea has a good chance of snatching back a CL spot from a team that is not overpaid. not spoilt, mostly loyal to their manager and discrete to a fault with the media.

That was awful and it was the first time I've seen Villas Boas,at an after match interview,looking extremely fed up with the whole business.I think there is a concerted effort now,from within the playing staff,to see the back of him.The biggest shame is that this 'battle of minds' between Villas Boas and the 'old guard' is effecting the younger players in the team.Mata is steadily deteriorating and Ramires had probably one of his quietest games and looked a shadow of the talent we saw at the start of the season.The worrying thing is they both looked off the pace.Gary Cahill must be wondering what he's walked into here.It's like a Thai soap opera.Luiz is chancing his arm too many times with his forays upfield, probably because he can see nothing happening in front of him.I don't buy this lack of confidence <deleted> as we had a good win against Bolton the previous weekend.No,there's a conspiracy between the old stagers (and maybe Abramovich as he seems to listen to them more than the succession of managers he's employed) to topple this young upstart and I think now,for the first time,it will happen.Mind you,Villas Boas didn't help himself by substituting the teams two best players on the day,Essien and Ivanovic.

There are plenty of possibles waiting in the wings to take over but most of them will want Champions League football.I don't think Mourinho is one of them as he's too 'pally' with Terry,Drogba,Cole,Lampard etc. who are exactly the people who should be kicked out.I can't see Capello accepting the poison chalice as he seemingly thinks John Terry walks on water.Guardiola hasn't signed a new contract at Barcelona but he would need a kings ransom to fashion a team to play his brand of football.It looks like Benitez will be accepting the cudgel not if,but when Villas Boas goes.

I agree with most of what you have said Oldgit,Mouriniho would be offered the job but over Abrahomvich,s dead body,he won,t admit he has interfered with his buying of certain players and his backing of Mouriniho,s so called untouchables,which has brought us to where we are today.Up shit creek without a paddle.

If Mouriniho was too come back i don,t he would have any problems in sorting Terry out, being as it was Terry who was the main instigator in him going

Which brings us quite neatly to the present day,Keith, and a case of deja vu.

I'm just wondering why it took so long. A Man Utd fan friend said he hopes Steve McClaren gets the job. Unless things are turned around soon Fulham will finished above the Blues. Sackcloth and ashes time.

Your friend his hoping McClaren gets the job to put us even deeper in the mire,methinks.

Your friend his hoping McClaren gets the job to put us even deeper in the mire,methinks.

You're havin' a laugh. McLaren's team won 6-2 yesterday.

If you're that impressed,your mob can have him.

not if you believe some of the stuff in here:

http://www.dailymail...es-players.html

that car park 'game' sounds like the sort of crap the spice boys used to pull at liverpool.

Villas Boas will look back on this particular episode in his career and should be relieved that he's well out of it.He's obviously a coach that believes that,in order to improve,you need to work that little bit harder and be more disciplined.Unfortunately,he was up against a group of experienced, past it players who already think that they are the donkey's <deleted> and don't need any of that stuff,thankyou very much,instead preferring to take the piss out of him and his efforts.

Villas Boas's criticism of the reserve team's manager inability to produce young talent to be good enough for first team duty is valid.Chelsea's youth system is a joke and has been for ages.

If you're that impressed,your mob can have him.

Nah I'm saying he wouldn't want your lot!

deja vu indeed oldgit.

I do see the return of the special one as being the only one. It seems to me that abromovich is easily swayed by public opinion,and there will be more than 40,000 fans at saturdays home game with stoke singing mourinihos name loud and clear. Don,t know if they do humble in Russia.

To be honest with all my fellow Chelsea fans,i don,t like arrogant cocky people,but if mouriniho puts us back on top of the pile,then he,ll do for me.

deja vu indeed oldgit.

I do see the return of the special one as being the only one. It seems to me that abromovich is easily swayed by public opinion,and there will be more than 40,000 fans at saturdays home game with stoke singing mourinihos name loud and clear. Don,t know if they do humble in Russia.

To be honest with all my fellow Chelsea fans,i don,t like arrogant cocky people,but if mouriniho puts us back on top of the pile,then he,ll do for me.

Same as McLaren...his side won 5-0 at the weekend.

deja vu indeed oldgit.

Same as McLaren...his side won 5-0 at the weekend.

giggle.gif