Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Begs the question is Jose a worse manager now than he was five years ago. He didn't exactly set the house on fire at Real Madrid, lost the locker room and created an untold number of distractions from football. Seems he is over thinking to me and ought to simplify his approach. He could start by putting a hold on all his childish, attention seeking mind games with other clubs/managers.coffee1.gif

Jelly mate u cum up with some right old tosh sometimes mate, murry left madrid with the highest wins ratio EVER of any manager thats been there for than a blink of the eye , he won the la liga over arguably the greatest team thats EVER walked the planet when they were totally at their pomp, and as for losing the dressing room w00t.gif , seems he was right bout the goalkeeper, he;s stiil on the bench, But the one thing we can hope is that once the glitz of him returning wears off and reality sets in, that his style of play is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE TO THE EYE and if it don't REALLY REALLY deliver abramovic will get bored to f----- c watching itfacepalm.gif , as he supposedly did b4, he'll get the boot, leaving the chavs in turmoil clap2.gif

Rijit, you were doing so well until the last part. :-)

I think this idea of Mourinho playing dull football is a bit over exaggerated. I will concede that during his first Chelsea tenure there was a lot of 1-0 scores, but since then.....

2008 Inter 70 goals scored. Joint top GF ranking.

2009 Inter 75 goals scored. top GF ranking.

2010 Real 102 goals scored. Top GF ranking.

2011 Real 121 goals scored. Top GF ranking.

2012 Real 103 goals scored. 2nd GF ranking.

Overall after his 3 years at Real, his team scored 5 more goals than the 'super attacking' Barca in the league.

I hope this clears some thing up.

• Like 1

Begs the question is Jose a worse manager now than he was five years ago. He didn't exactly set the house on fire at Real Madrid, lost the locker room and created an untold number of distractions from football. Seems he is over thinking to me and ought to simplify his approach. He could start by putting a hold on all his childish, attention seeking mind games with other clubs/managers.coffee1.gif

Jelly mate u cum up with some right old tosh sometimes mate, murry left madrid with the highest wins ratio EVER of any manager thats been there for than a blink of the eye , he won the la liga over arguably the greatest team thats EVER walked the planet when they were totally at their pomp, and as for losing the dressing room w00t.gif , seems he was right bout the goalkeeper, he;s stiil on the bench, But the one thing we can hope is that once the glitz of him returning wears off and reality sets in, that his style of play is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE TO THE EYE and if it don't REALLY REALLY deliver abramovic will get bored to f----- c watching itfacepalm.gif , as he supposedly did b4, he'll get the boot, leaving the chavs in turmoil clap2.gif

Shaking the tree a bit Rijit. Killing them in La Liga these days ain't exactly a big kudo in my book.rolleyes.gif

Shaking the tree a bit Rijit. Killing them in La Liga these days ain't exactly a big kudo in my book.rolleyes.gif

I think both you and Rij have fare points here. Mourinho won the league season before last. Few managers at that time could have lead a team to finish above Barca. He also won a Copa Del Rey

However, last season was very different. Finished way behind Barca in the league, lackluster in the CL and arguably would have been knocked out earlier if Nani hadn't been his usual idiotic self. Lost the dressing room aswell showing awful man management skills and as Perez sad,'if the results had been different he's still be here." Lets face it, it was Mourinho's vanity that contrived to make his tenure at Madrid untenable and created a Chelsea move. He knew his results last season were well below par especially in a dull two horse race league. La Liga is technically very good but thats about it.

Saying that Jose will play boring football this season is a bit premature. Look at the start he had at Real 0-0. Then Real went onto score more goals than Barca three years running.

Give the man a chance to find out who works well with whom.

A pleasingly tedious game for us neutralsPosted Image
It was up to United to make the running but they had no answer to Chelsea's tactics. Scherrle's offside effort that crashed against the bar had me leaping out of my zimmer frame,though.
Its simply impossible for Chelsea to play flowing attacking football so yes nicking a late goal was the best tactic as usual.

Well done to the special one....

Ok, I'll bite. Go and watch the first half to our opening game of the season. And as for nicking a late goal, at least Chelsea can score in open play. It was our 3rd game in 8 days, plus we face Bayern on Friday.

If you want the title you should be stamping these big games with your team's style of play and dictating....not changing it to reflect the opposing teams tactics.

Yet I agree oldgit....this game was too early for both teams.

Uninspiring, but great news for us.... Don't you just love nil - nil.

A pleasingly tedious game for us neutralslaugh.png
It was up to United to make the running but they had no answer to Chelsea's tactics. Scherrle's offside effort that crashed against the bar had me leaping out of my zimmer frame,though.
Its simply impossible for Chelsea to play flowing attacking football so yes nicking a late goal was the best tactic as usual.

Well done to the special one....

Ok, I'll bite. Go and watch the first half to our opening game of the season. And as for nicking a late goal, at least Chelsea can score in open play. It was our 3rd game in 8 days, plus we face Bayern on Friday.

If you want the title you should be stamping these big games with your team's style of play and dictating....not changing it to reflect the opposing teams tactics.

Yet I agree oldgit....this game was too early for both teams.

Uninspiring, but great news for us.... Don't you just love nil - nil.

There you small potatoes go. Assuming yourselves into the big boys league.

Let's see what ya' got first. Two games and a Thursday night kickaround is early swallows

laugh.png

yep murry boy let the wonderfully entertaing style last for all of 45mins then he brought the axe down,boy have footie fans got short/selective memories jose's a pragmatist first and foremost he wins football matches entertainment ,,, ain't a priority, and I'm wondering whether it would be 2harsh to say if it were a high scoring game it was inspite of his tactics not because !!!! and as carms spointed out perez said he'd still be there if results had been better , wellstatisically he's wrong so replace or mix 'results 'with 'style of play' as it was well covered our man Sydney unless its winning , fans especially the more discerning like Madrid do and did rapidly get fed up with murry boys heavy handed,pragmatism.. but fair 2 say @ the chavs it"s early doors, so we'll c.

Carmine says: "I think both you and Rij have fare points here. Mourinho won the league season before last. Few managers at that time could have lead a team to finish above Barca. He also won a Copa Del Rey

However, last season was very different. Finished way behind Barca in the league, lackluster in the CL and arguably would have been knocked out earlier if Nani hadn't been his usual idiotic self. Lost the dressing room aswell showing awful man management skills and as Perez sad,'if the results had been different he's still be here." Lets face it, it was Mourinho's vanity that contrived to make his tenure at Madrid untenable and created a Chelsea move. He knew his results last season were well below par especially in a dull two horse race league.

La Liga is technically very good but thats about it."

If Bale ever makes it to the Bernebau, I bet he'll love it. Certainly sounds more exciting than a Saturday afternoon at Stoke in December.

Mourhino will be fine in the EPL. Can EPL teams compete with the big boys in the CL is the big question?

Mourinho has emphasized that he wants to work with a first team squad of 22. The unexpected can happen before the transfer window closes, but my idea of the players to be involved are as follows:

Goalkeepers: Cech,Schwartzer,Hilario.

Defence: Ivanovic,Azpilicueta,Luiz,Terry,Cahill,Cole,Bertrand.

Holding Midfield slots: Ramires,Lampard,Van Ginkel.

Attacking Midfield slots: Hazard,De Bruyne,Willian,Oscar,Schurrle,Atsu.

Strikers: Torres,Lukaku,Eto.

Assuming that Mourinho gets his way and signs Atsu and Eto,I can't see how Essien,Mikel,Moses,Mata and Ba can be accommodated.

Oldgit,

Atsu will go straight on loan, it's reported Moses will too - Liverpool, WBA, amongst others are tipped - Ba might be sold - Newcastle interested - Essien and Lampard will be part-timers - even though Lamps has played a lot.

The 22 figure is just for 2 players for each position, so the third GK doesn't count. Plus a figure of around 25-28 is more the norm.

According to some HP's we are signing another midfielder, Christian Astu. I guess we will be playing that little known formation of 0-10-0.

Probably JM just making sure no one else can buy him. Atsu's too good a player to sit on your benck talking to Willian

Mata will go nowhere. I know very little about Atsu, but at the age of 21 and valued at less than £5m, I can't see him displacing any of our regulars or new signings. It's got loan written all over it.

Mata will go nowhere. I know very little about Atsu, but at the age of 21 and valued at less than £5m, I can't see him displacing any of our regulars or new signings. It's got loan written all over it.

like i said, just making sure no one else gets him because Atsu's a very decent player. Perhaps he'll loan out Willian toobiggrin.png

Oldgit,

Atsu will go straight on loan, it's reported Moses will too - Liverpool, WBA, amongst others are tipped - Ba might be sold - Newcastle interested - Essien and Lampard will be part-timers - even though Lamps has played a lot.

The 22 figure is just for 2 players for each position, so the third GK doesn't count. Plus a figure of around 25-28 is more the norm.

It's a strange situation with Atsu because he has catagorically refused to sign a new contract with Porto. Porto are desperate to cash in on him, which is why he's going on the cheap. Is Mourinho a manager that has a history of loaning out players that HE has signed? If he is loaned back to Porto,I can only think that Chelsea are doing it as a favour to Porto,as they don't want to lose him.

Regarding the squad depth,Mourinho could have meant working with 22 outfield players which changes things a bit.

Jose and the Special Ones.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/29/jose-mourinho-launches-bizarre-jose-and-the-special-ones-cartoon-3941796/

Watch the vid for the Bale appearance at the end.

Fans of Jose will think its light hearted, Spurs fans will think its egotistical. :-)

Well, I think it's about time I refreshed my avatar.

This will do very nicely.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/29/jose-mourinho-launches-bizarre-jose-and-the-special-ones-cartoon-3941796/

Fans of Jose will think its light hearted, Spurs fans will think its egotistical. :-)

Monkey at the end..... Very funny

Monkey at the end..... Very funny

Inter Milan (2009-2011): Champions League (2010); Serie A (2009); Coppa Italia (2010, 2011), Italian Super Cup (2010); Fifa World Club Cup (2010). Scored 53 goals in 101 appearances.

Anzhi Makhachkala (2011-2013): Scored 36 goals in 71 appearances.

89-172 since 2009.

Samuel Eto'o. Known by the Special One.

Serious note. I am really looking forwards to the Super Cup..... do you think you can lift it? For me, gonna cheer on the Brit team every time, even if it is Russian led and has very few Brits in the ranks.

Cheering for the Germans just wouldn't be cricket. Reminds me of my son and I in Munich in 2006 when Germany played Sweden. My son and I were all Blue and Yellow, shirts, flags and face-paints and totally outnumbered in the bars and on the train! It was a bit scary on our way back to our hotel in Ulm, hissed as farts.

Come on Chelsea!

• Like 2