Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

No doubt Bayern are a very good team, but we did beat them before and it's Jose v Pep again. We are definitely capable of winning it, even though I will say Bayern must be favourites. Add in the revenge they want for the CL, I hope it is a good game.

Will it be a free flowing game? Never. Jose will be counter attacking to the extreme and we will need Mata to be playing.

I would like Lukaku, De Bruyne and Oscar to also be on the field. From what I've seen so far Lukaku and De Bruyne work very well together, so if one plays, I hope the other does as well.

For extra spice, it's worth knowing that it is a trophy Jose has never won and if he doesn't win it tonight, 2013 will be the first calendar year he has not won a trophy since 2002.

Eurosport has the following line up:

Cech,

Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole

Ramires, Lampard

Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard

Torres

BBC. Chelsea squad: Cech, Schwarzer, Hilario, Blackman, Ivanovic, Cole, Luiz, Essien, Ramires, Lampard, Torres, Mata, Oscar, Mikel, Moses, Schurrle, De Bruyne, Van Ginkel, Hazard, Lukaku, Ba, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Kalas, Bertrand.

Another strange team selection for me......no Lukaku

Torres starts instead <deleted>,has Jose been on the moon for the last 3 years and hasn,t seen Torres in action,and why rest Terry he,s not playing international football next week.facepalm.gif

LINE-UPS - Bayern Munich v Chelsea (1945 BST)

Bayern Munich: Neuer, Rafinha, Boateng, Dante, Alaba, Lahm, Robben, Muller, Kroos, Ribery, Mandzukic. Subs: Starke, Van Buyten, Javi Martinez, Shaqiri, Pizarro, Gotze, Contento.

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Cole, Ramires, Lampard, Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard, Torres. Subs: Schwarzer, Essien, Mata, Mikel, Lukaku, Terry, Azpilicueta.

Torres starts instead <deleted>,has Jose been on the moon for the last 3 years and hasn,t seen Torres in action,and why rest Terry he,s not playing international football next week.Posted Image

Terry can't have a hair out of place for the trophy shots.

• Like 1

Torres starts instead <deleted>,has Jose been on the moon for the last 3 years and hasn,t seen Torres in action,and why rest Terry he,s not playing international football next week.facepalm.gif

Terry can't have a hair out of place for the trophy shots.

You might be right about that trophy shotlaugh.png .uck me what a goal from Torres

• Like 2

Chelsea were good right upto their second goal. Then with over one half of et to play they decided to have zero possession. Terrible tactics, it was worse than the Barca games. Then to top if off Lukaku makes one of the worse penalty strikes in the history of the world.

Good even game until our second goal, then utter cr4p. The team should be ashamed.

Chelsea were good right upto their second goal. Then with over one half of et to play they decided to have zero possession. Terrible tactics, it was worse than the Barca games. Then to top if off Lukaku makes one of the worse penalty strikes in the history of the world.

Good even game until our second goal, then utter cr4p. The team should be ashamed.

You shouldn't be too disappointed by that performance. You played very well indeed tonight and unlucky not to win it.

• Like 1

You shouldn't be too disappointed by that performance. You played very well indeed tonight and unlucky not to win it.

I agree with Smokes ( for a change) you were unlucky, 5 seconds ( <deleted> ) and I was supporting you 100% as a British team, 2nd time Chelski have been robbed in Europe, I remember the first time and it was NOT against the Mighty Man Utd,

Great game though full of effort.

BT smile.png

• Like 1

Great game and you deserved to win. 10 men, still good enough to score again with many excellent individual performances. Gutted for you guys. Last kick of the match so cruel, and last pen devastating. Really really unlucky against a well organised Munich.

Premiership wise, Chelsea are the ones to be afraid of IMO...... Certainly from what I have seen so far.

• Like 1

Great game and you deserved to win. 10 men, still good enough to score again with many excellent individual performances. Gutted for you guys. Last kick of the match so cruel, and last pen devastating. Really really unlucky against a well organised Munich.

Premiership wise, Chelsea are the ones to be afraid of IMO...... Certainly from what I have seen so far.

You never saw the game at Old Trafford then?

You never saw the game at Old Trafford then?

My assessment/opinion from watching all the games so far is that, from the Tottenham perspective, Chelsea are the ones to be afraid of. the jury's still out on the latest Old Trafford adventure..... Sir Alex has retired..... Didn't you know? I hope they come good and provide a little competition.

Very harsh mjj. disagree. very creditable performance against a top side.

It maybe harsh, but it's fair. We were on the back foot down to 10 men, scored a goal, then decide to play the remaining 20-25 minutes like it was the last 30 seconds of a game. We had OK possession with 10 men, then decided not to bother and just let Cech do all the work.

We didnt even try to play counter attacking to nick a third. Oscar made a lung busting run to find only Lukaku with him, who played the ball back to a knackered Oscar, who couldn't do anything because he was exhausted. It was panic football and with Nuer on the half way line for about 10 minutes, no one tried to chip him.

Bayern are a good team, but so are we.

And that is what makes it grate, SinglePot. We were doing well, then just folded like a pack of cards. If they hadn't scored in the last 10 seconds or so, Chelsea would have thought they did well, but it was an absolute horror show of panicking. Even compared to the Barca games we looked in complete disarray, but why? We have more than enough talent to 'play' against Bayern.

Edited by mjj

And that is what makes it grate, SinglePot. We were doing well, then just folded like a pack of cards. If they hadn't scored in the last 10 seconds or so, Chelsea would have thought they did well, but it was an absolute horror show of panicking. Even compared to the Barca games we looked in complete disarray, but why? We have more than enough talent to 'play' against Bayern.

You know why.whistling.gif

Jelly,

I know Jose like to shut up shop, but I have never seen the shop shut in the box before. I can't remember the last time I was so disappointed at the way we just caved in. Yeah, I know it was unlucky to concede a goal with a few seconds left, but blaady ell, we were riding our luck for the previous 20 minutes.

SinglePot,

Even against Barca we pushed them out further, last night was dumb. Against Barca I was feeling quite comfortable as we looked a well drilled defensive unit. Last night was a melee of arms and legs flailing around it was like they were all being tasered!

First period of extra time, holding well defensively, Cahill excellent, Luiz going close at the Bayern end, Ivanovic hitting the woodwork. Could easily have been 3-1.

Second period of extra time, agreed, a bit desperate and ragged. Terry on for Hazard, hold it, hold it, hold it. Bayern equalise with last kick of the game.

Lukaku, must score final pen. We have seen the biggest names miss in similar circumstances.

that's football.

I refuse to get down about last night. Many positives. EPL and CL watch out.

Well played Jose and The Special Ones.